Why?

Gingishan

Are you aware that roll&holotrancendence is HUGE OP talent in many warzones? Are you aware that those abilities combined with poping dodge make opers&scoundrels only class that can free move around with all the cc players try to apply on them? This class have huge healing, huge controll and free movement. Do you feel why players hate you or why you lose subscribers, devs? BALANCE this game proper. Remove any kind of healing from dps/tank classes. Give only 1 stun with same duraton to all classes, rework scoundrel/opers class (holotraverse must be removed and roll be similar to leap, with same CD).

No Wonder i will re-quit, and for good this time, this game. Got many hopes in new 4.0 but you disapointed again and again and again. Sry for my english!

Edited by Gingishan

Are you aware that roll&holotrancendence is HUGE OP talent in many warzones? Are you aware that those abilities combined with poping dodge make opers&scoundrels only class that can free move around with all the cc players try to apply on them? This class have huge healing, huge controll and free movement. Do you feel why players hate you or why you lose subscribers, devs? BALANCE this game proper. Remove any kind of healing from dps/tank classes. Give only 1 stun with same duraton to all classes, rework scoundrel/opers class (holotrancendence must be removed and roll be similar to leap, with same CD).

No Wonder i will re-quit, and for good this time, this game. Got many hopes in new 4.0 but you disapointed again and again and again. Sry for my english!

holotraverse will end up killing the user or vastly misplacing them 7/10 times

holotraverse will end up killing the user or vastly misplacing them 7/10 times

They should rename holotraverse to "ACME SLINGSHOT". I always imagine it like the old Wiley Coyote slingshots he uses to try to catch the roadrunner. Sometimes works, sometimes shoots him into a wall or off a cliff.

Are you aware that roll&holotrancendence is HUGE OP talent in many warzones? Are you aware that those abilities combined with poping dodge make opers&scoundrels only class that can free move around with all the cc players try to apply on them? This class have huge healing, huge controll and free movement. Do you feel why players hate you or why you lose subscribers, devs? BALANCE this game proper. Remove any kind of healing from dps/tank classes. Give only 1 stun with same duraton to all classes, rework scoundrel/opers class (holotraverse must be removed and roll be similar to leap, with same CD).

Stop making nonsense threads. Stop showing yourself as a complete noob. It is not an insult, more of friendly advice. I will just show an example what will happen if we get rid of ANY healing on dps/tank classes.

Powertech dps vs Sniper dps. (let's take AP and MM)

Powertech had their kolto overload and missiles heal removed and has only energy shield against full array of sniper's cooldowns:

2x defense screen

2x dodge

2x roll

2x knockback

2x entrench (dank 52 sec of CC immunity, rip 9 sec of hardstun)

diversion

ballistic shield (this crap alone does the same thing that PT's shield).

Imagine the outcome of that duel? I can also explain on jugg vs mara if you wish.

Edited by DerSchneider

Stop making nonsense threads. Stop showing yourself as a complete noob. It is not an insult, more of friendly advice. I will just show an example what will happen if we get rid of ANY healing on dps/tank classes.

Powertech dps vs Sniper dps. (let's take AP and MM)

Powertech had their kolto overload and missiles heal removed and has only energy shield against full array of sniper's cooldowns:

2x defense screen

2x dodge

2x roll

2x knockback

2x entrench (dank 52 sec of CC immunity, rip 9 sec of hardstun)

diversion

ballistic shield (this crap alone does the same thing that PT's shield).

Imagine the outcome of that duel? I can also explain on jugg vs mara if you wish.

First, not saying that healing should be removed from non-healing classes, as that would be stupid

But, remember it is possible to make any class or spec in the game appear to be much more powerful than it really is.

A while back, I made a troll thread saying to nerf Merc heals, and then gave a list of things that looked insanely overpowered. Every single thing I put in that thread was true, but I had left out a fair amount of information.

I could even do that with pyrotech powertech:

Pyrotech is INSANELY Overpowered with all the controlling it is capable of exerting over the battlefield!! I mean, just look at what they have!

-A 2 second Root every 9 seconds, tied to one of their hardest hitting abilities.

-A 90% slow every 15 seconds tied to a really powerful AOE. It even goes through full resolve since it is not a root!!!

-A grapple every 30 seconds. That plus that 2 second root makes Fire-Pulls way too easy.

-They can Stun Lock someone for nearly 9 seconds by themselves!

-They get a free Hard-stun breaker every 25 seconds. Do you realize how incredibly game breaking that is?

-They get 30% DR, Plus a rapid-Heal-to-full every 25 seconds as well. It makes them almost unkillable!!!

Nerf Pyrotech Powertech.

Everything I said in the Orange Text is true, though I left out plenty of information that explains why they are still considered the worst dps spec in the game.

All the good players went to Overwatch!

People have left not because of how awesome other games are, but because this game has stagnated for too long. No evolution means people get bored.

They took some odd gamble on "solo-story-mode" and basically gave pvpers AND pve raiders the middle finger.

At least people who enjoy a good story are happy with swtor now.

Personally I'd rather pick up a book and read for well-written stories, not log into a MMO. But, w/e.

People have left not because of how awesome other games are, but because this game has stagnated for too long. No evolution means people get bored.

They took some odd gamble on "solo-story-mode" and basically gave pvpers AND pve raiders the middle finger.

At least people who enjoy a good story are happy with swtor now.

Personally I'd rather pick up a book and read for well-written stories, not log into a MMO. But, w/e.

A good story is an integral part of an RPG, MMO or no. The best games out there (single or multiplayer) all had great stories that came with them. Multiple different endings, influenced by your actions... The real "choices matter". I'm sure you can easily think up half a dozen games like that without even trying.

Honestly, how many players came to this game looking for awesome PvP? I know I didn't. I came for a star wars story. I stayed for PvP, GSF and ops.

All this not to take anything from the importance of repeatable content. I think PvP, ops and all other such things are very important to an MMO, or it loses it's "MMO" quality.

Also, I can kinda understand why they ditched PvX for their new model. It's quite easy to doll out small portions of story once per month, and most players would still be fine with it. Making a new PvP map alone is hard (see OPG/Rishi cove), and balancing PvP/PvE has to be a nightmare. They are still a company, and you can't fault a company for making money the easy way.

Whether they take pride in their work is another matter...

They should rename holotraverse to "ACME SLINGSHOT". I always imagine it like the old Wiley Coyote slingshots he uses to try to catch the roadrunner. Sometimes works, sometimes shoots him into a wall or off a cliff.

ha! if I had a drink in my mouth, I'd be very upset with you right now. "acme slingshot." hehe

A good story is an integral part of an RPG, MMO or no. The best games out there (single or multiplayer) all had great stories that came with them. Multiple different endings, influenced by your actions... The real "choices matter". I'm sure you can easily think up half a dozen games like that without even trying.

Oh I agree. One very important facet to all MMOs is their own storylines and lore.

I wasn't trying to say lore in a game is not important. But what they did was eliminate the creation of repeatable content in favor of, story only.

Like I said, at least people who log in for stories are happy.

First, not saying that healing should be removed from non-healing classes, as that would be stupid

But, remember it is possible to make any class or spec in the game appear to be much more powerful than it really is.

A while back, I made a troll thread saying to nerf Merc heals, and then gave a list of things that looked insanely overpowered. Every single thing I put in that thread was true, but I had left out a fair amount of information.

I could even do that with pyrotech powertech:

Pyrotech is INSANELY Overpowered with all the controlling it is capable of exerting over the battlefield!! I mean, just look at what they have!

-A 2 second Root every 9 seconds, tied to one of their hardest hitting abilities.

-A 90% slow every 15 seconds tied to a really powerful AOE. It even goes through full resolve since it is not a root!!!

-A grapple every 30 seconds. That plus that 2 second root makes Fire-Pulls way too easy.

-They can Stun Lock someone for nearly 9 seconds by themselves!

-They get a free Hard-stun breaker every 25 seconds. Do you realize how incredibly game breaking that is?

-They get 30% DR, Plus a rapid-Heal-to-full every 25 seconds as well. It makes them almost unkillable!!!

Nerf Pyrotech Powertech.

Everything I said in the Orange Text is true, though I left out plenty of information that explains why they are still considered the worst dps spec in the game.

Maybe some of you do not understand what i mean. I have oper and scoundrel fully geared. There was no class to 1v1 me in any WZ or ranked. Yet i do not enjoy to play it, rly can't explain why. I prefer a merc instead of this class. Roll is a bugy animation, and holotraverse also with too low CD, the healing dps can put half of a dedicated healer or more, even if dps is lower i can kill any of my target just because i can run away to heal and turn back just in time to slowly kill my enemies. This is the problem with this class, more then ever. Removing their healing or reducing the healing to half at list will make them much more fair to deal with it. Remember how annihilation marauder was nerfed in healing, scoundrel/oper deserve the same fate. And roll should be a 45 sec CD talent usable only once not twice in a row. Unfortunatly DEVS have no intention to solve this problem or any problems in PVP, so is time to move back to wow, wich is by far a beautifull game even after 11 years.

Maybe some of you do not understand what i mean. I have oper and scoundrel fully geared. There was no class to 1v1 me in any WZ or ranked. Yet i do not enjoy to play it, rly can't explain why. I prefer a merc instead of this class. Roll is a bugy animation, and holotraverse also with too low CD, the healing dps can put half of a dedicated healer or more, even if dps is lower i can kill any of my target just because i can run away to heal and turn back just in time to slowly kill my enemies. This is the problem with this class, more then ever. Removing their healing or reducing the healing to half at list will make them much more fair to deal with it. Remember how annihilation marauder was nerfed in healing, scoundrel/oper deserve the same fate. And roll should be a 45 sec CD talent usable only once not twice in a row. Unfortunately DEVS have no intention to solve this problem or any problems in PVP, so is time to move back to wow, wich is by far a beautifull game even after 11 years.

can i haz your stuff?

jk but you cant be serious opers and scoundys are easy to counter.

holotravers is unreliable and is more likely to kill the player or send you not where you want to be

roll ONLY gives evasion for 2 seconds and for ONLY one spec the other two can be stunned mid roll

evasion. in itself isn't very good only two seconds of immunity compared to 5 seconds on a sins force shroud (with utility)

and i cant understand the 45 seconds on roll with one charge the main reason for roll was mobility which opers lacked in vanilla and to give them a more diverse play style (more time fighting than quick burst then stealth out which is what you would see from some operatives in vanilla due to poor defensives and mobility for quick get away)

once this limited range of abilitys has been used then the operative is doomed if the operative hasn't bursted the target down fast enough ( and before you complain about the burst it is sub par compared to the sin)

Edited by benmas

roll ONLY gives evasion for 2 seconds and for ONLY one spec the other two can be stunned mid roll

evasion. in itself isn't very good only two seconds of immunity compared to 5 seconds on a sins force shroud (with utility)

once this limited range of abilitys has been used then the operative is doomed if the operative hasn't bursted the target down fast enough ( and before you complain about the burst it is sub par compared to the sin)

Man... First of all, roll gives 1.5 seconds of immunity, times 2 (so 3 seconds out of every 11.5). You can't compare roll to shroud, they work completely differently. Shroud is a purge 3-5 seconds immunity to force/tech only. You can still take damage from melee/ranged, and still be CCd by melee/ranged CCs. Roll is a 1.5 seconds immunity to everything. No CCs, DoTs ticking on you will deal no damage, no melee/ranged/force/tech damage at all. It's not a purge, though.

I think 3/11.5 seconds of full immunity is much stronger than 5/60 seconds of really good immunity. The only thing shroud has on roll is that it can't be prevented by roots.

Which ops have you been playing against? They almost never burst down their target in one go... In fact, the longer the fight, the better their chance at winning it. They LoS, CC, heal up and keep chipping at you until you die to attrition.

No game has perfect balance..it will never happen. I've been doing pvp since 1.1..it's more balanced now than it has ever been so complain all you want, it use to be worse. I don't find operative OP at all, and they can be shut down/bursted by 2 people in a matter of seconds. Please quit....less whiners in pvp is a good thing.

Man... First of all, roll gives 1.5 seconds of immunity, times 2 (so 3 seconds out of every 11.5). You can't compare roll to shroud, they work completely differently. Shroud is a purge 3-5 seconds immunity to force/tech only. You can still take damage from melee/ranged, and still be CCd by melee/ranged CCs. Roll is a 1.5 seconds immunity to everything. No CCs, DoTs ticking on you will deal no damage, no melee/ranged/force/tech damage at all. It's not a purge, though.

I think 3/11.5 seconds of full immunity is much stronger than 5/60 seconds of really good immunity. The only thing shroud has on roll is that it can't be prevented by roots.

Which ops have you been playing against? They almost never burst down their target in one go... In fact, the longer the fight, the better their chance at winning it. They LoS, CC, heal up and keep chipping at you until you die to attrition.

This thread is so stupid, i really don't know why I'm bothering but...

Actually roll does give u 2 seconds of immunity, despite what it says. Yes comparing shroud and roll is stupid, but other than roots preventing roll there's also one huge difference between the two... You can pop shroud whilst still doing damage, roll however uses the gcd and therefore can't do damage whilst rolling. Operatives have to sacrifice dps for survival which is a huge limitation.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gingishan View Post

Maybe some of you do not understand what i mean. I have oper and scoundrel fully geared. There was no class to 1v1 me in any WZ or ranked. Yet i do not enjoy to play it, rly can't explain why. I prefer a merc instead of this class. Roll is a bugy animation, and holotraverse also with too low CD, the healing dps can put half of a dedicated healer or more, even if dps is lower i can kill any of my target just because i can run away to heal and turn back just in time to slowly kill my enemies.

Operative heals aren't strong at all (especially when compared with merc and sorc dps healing) and neither is their dps. If they were such an op class they'd also be the most popular, but guess what, they aren't played nearly as much as a true overpowered class, such as sorcs, just look at the average rating of them. Just because ops are the best 1v1 class, that doesn't justify a nerf, why on earth would the devs balance this game around 1v1's, Arsenal Mercs are also a strong dueling class, are you going to suggest they need a nerf too?

Quote: Originally Posted by Gingishan View Post

Are you aware that roll&holotrancendence is HUGE OP talent in many warzones? Are you aware that those abilities combined with poping dodge make opers&scoundrels only class that can free move around with all the cc players try to apply on them?

If all your biggest damage abilites and ccs are being resisted by operatives roll, then you are probably either extremely predictable or just blindly hitting into them when they are rolling. It seems that you need to learn to play before creating threads about balance problems, because as this thread suggest, the only problem seems to be your lack of knowledge. But I guess you're quitting, so that won't happen. Goodbye.

Edited by Alliim