Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On the future of Malavai Quinn? (spoilers for KOTET, Onslaught, SW story, etc)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
On the future of Malavai Quinn? (spoilers for KOTET, Onslaught, SW story, etc)

ZedaEkraa
06.17.2020 , 01:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
That happens if you have skipped to Onslaught without playing the other stories, specifically Iokath.
The thing is that i didn't skip to Onslaught, i did all the story arcs so when i saw that the relationship status changed i got scared hahah

Apparently it was just a bug! I was checking the characters tab while doing the Meridian fp, and it looked bugged there, but when i finished it everything went back to normal!

Bxvx
06.18.2020 , 04:48 PM | #12
I had totally forgot about him betraying the warrior until I did the whole story on a new toon. Took a 7 year break so I pretty much came back and played every class up to the end of their class story. I did finish the Sorc and Assassin all the way through. Soon as I get done doing some crafting stuffs I plan on doing the full story again on my Shadow, just to see the "light side" version of the stories.

But the one thing that was pretty laughable was the 2 droids he built to kill me, they literally melted. For how much he barked about how they would defeat me I was hoping they would at least be gold or champion level lol.

Lexaroo
06.18.2020 , 11:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bxvx View Post
I had totally forgot about him betraying the warrior until I did the whole story on a new toon. Took a 7 year break so I pretty much came back and played every class up to the end of their class story. I did finish the Sorc and Assassin all the way through. Soon as I get done doing some crafting stuffs I plan on doing the full story again on my Shadow, just to see the "light side" version of the stories.

But the one thing that was pretty laughable was the 2 droids he built to kill me, they literally melted. For how much he barked about how they would defeat me I was hoping they would at least be gold or champion level lol.
He didn't take the warrior's plot armor into account of course hardly his fault! hehe.

Lexaroo
06.18.2020 , 11:43 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JuventusAndFCK View Post
I always hoped that the writers and storyboard designers would implement a "companion slot" like, maybe as a default it'd just be Lana like usual, so if you don't have an available companion. In case you do have a companion with you, then the same scene will play but the companion accompanying you would occupy the dialogue spots that Lana normally holds.
For scenes where a character adresses you that aren't necessarily you companion I'd make use of the romance flag, so those that have a romantic interest to their character could get to interact with them as well. Basically if you have a romance, they get the spotlight, if not then Lana.

The characters that most people care about are romantic options in the first place, so I think it could be a compromise between "implementing all companions" and "implementing no companions"
This is actually a great idea. Kind of a happy medium for developers to not overwhelm them with re-implementing every single companion, but it would be great for people who, yeah, just want the romanceable characters. I, myself, would be just fine with it.

JuventusAndFCK
06.24.2020 , 06:49 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexaroo View Post
This is actually a great idea. Kind of a happy medium for developers to not overwhelm them with re-implementing every single companion, but it would be great for people who, yeah, just want the romanceable characters. I, myself, would be just fine with it.
Cheers. Especially recently I feel like quite a few romance characters were returned without doing anything with them, for example the smuggler romances all only get a single scene. It also makes sense that our commander would take their lover into their advisor team.

Shayddow
06.28.2020 , 02:26 PM | #16
For my Sith darkside warrior that romanced him in the initial story, she did break up with him, but did not kill him because he was useful as a tool to be used for the Empire.

She DID however punish him every chance she got to the extent he is wearing cyborg armor and still gets punched in the face every so often just as a reminder (Sith race option . Canon-wise, she decided to romance Arcan just because he is such a powerful force user.

I do not like the fact that every romance option for a female (straight) character for the warrior is someone who at one time or another tried to kill her off (yeah, I'm including the "train" incident for Theron even though he argueably tried not to aim really well).

This particular warrior is dark side but not a masochist.
Shekkel,75 Nimrossa, 75 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 74 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 75 Svgon, 75 and too many others to list here