Deactivating a guild stronghold to buy a new one

Sylvara

As the tooltip text isn't terribly clear, can someone please let me know if when a guild stronghold is deactivated, the items donated are returned to each person's "personal collection" or do they remain in the guild bank for use in the new guild stronghold?

Thanks in advance.

As the tooltip text isn't terribly clear, can someone please let me know if when a guild stronghold is deactivated, the items donated are returned to each person's "personal collection" or do they remain in the guild bank for use in the new guild stronghold?

Thanks in advance.

Just guessing but if it works like your personal the items should remain in the guild storage for the next guild house. But as I have yet to do this I am unsure.

If you notice in the stronghold UI, there's both guild decorations and personal decorations (or there is at least if you're a GL). It treats them as being owned by the guild, and the decos stay with the guild forever once donated.

• 3 years later...
If you notice in the stronghold UI, there's both guild decorations and personal decorations (or there is at least if you're a GL). It treats them as being owned by the guild, and the decos stay with the guild forever once donated.

thanks that answers my question clearly i wasnt sure because when i deactivated an older guilds sh it said the items were put in my personal inventory. so i made sure to pick up the decor first this time before deactivating

If guild decorations returned to whomever donated them when you closed down a guild SH, I'd donate up to the limit and then shut the SH down, just to max out what I have. :)

Assuming you unlocked a guild SH with credits, if you shut it down, how much does it cost to reactivate it later? The full amount. again?