Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

James Ohlen: "I'm not a giant PVP fan when it comes to MMOs"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
James Ohlen: "I'm not a giant PVP fan when it comes to MMOs"

Vallins's Avatar


Vallins
03.24.2014 , 12:46 AM | #1
Was feeling a bit nostalgic looking back on all these videos from 2010/2011, I remember how excited and hyped I was for the game. Now when you look at them talk about the game in those old videos, none of them seem really enthusiastic. You can tell why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rKf3zrCQ7I

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
03.24.2014 , 01:42 AM | #2
Same idiot who claimed that you wouldn't have lots of 'heroes' beating on a single enemy, thats just not heroic...oh wait... is it any wonder this game lost a record amount of subs in 3 months

Vallins's Avatar


Vallins
03.24.2014 , 03:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Same idiot who claimed that you wouldn't have lots of 'heroes' beating on a single enemy, thats just not heroic...oh wait... is it any wonder this game lost a record amount of subs in 3 months
ive seen that thing on youtube about it! can you link me?

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
03.24.2014 , 05:39 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Same idiot who claimed that you wouldn't have lots of 'heroes' beating on a single enemy, thats just not heroic...oh wait... is it any wonder this game lost a record amount of subs in 3 months
That wasn't wrong, raiding is stupid. It makes sense in fantasy MMOs where the raid target can be a mythical being like a dragon, but why the heck is a random Dread Master who the Imps had to save from the Republic able to take on 8-16: Emperor's Wraths, Barsen'thors, Master Conspirators, etc..
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

BennyKrak's Avatar


BennyKrak
03.24.2014 , 06:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Same idiot who claimed that you wouldn't have lots of 'heroes' beating on a single enemy, thats just not heroic...oh wait... is it any wonder this game lost a record amount of subs in 3 months
The only fun raid boss in SW:TOR is the 8v8 fight in Eternity Vault with the Infernal Council where everyone has to solo a mob.
Krackers || Kozlovsky
The Krackers Legacy
Your Companion

ZooMzy's Avatar


ZooMzy
03.24.2014 , 06:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
That wasn't wrong, raiding is stupid. It makes sense in fantasy MMOs where the raid target can be a mythical being like a dragon, but why the heck is a random Dread Master who the Imps had to save from the Republic able to take on 8-16: Emperor's Wraths, Barsen'thors, Master Conspirators, etc..
Actually, those ops were the only ones recently that I found made some sense.

The Dread Masters were supposed to be capable of defeating both factions, their combined power able to actually complete their plans. If one of them hadn't have gotten killed on Darvannis, the whole story on Oricon of "the Dread Masters are going mad from the wound in the union" would never have occurred.

So having 8 of the story's heroes being able to match up to one is slightly more believable than say, a Hutt in a spider walker droid. Or two bounty hunters hired by said Hutt.

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
03.24.2014 , 09:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMzy View Post
So having 8 of the story's heroes being able to match up to one is slightly more believable than say, a Hutt in a spider walker droid. Or two bounty hunters hired by said Hutt.
I agree with that, but only because Karagga's palace is even sillier.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link