Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Would Fix PvP In SWTOR by _____ (Fill in blank)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I Would Fix PvP In SWTOR by _____ (Fill in blank)

Kaos_KidSWTOR
03.24.2014 , 09:38 AM | #21
I actually have a few great ideas.

1. Remove Resolve, BUT all Stuns have 1/2'd duration and 2x CD and in PvP your Stun Breaker has 1/2 CD. This would eliminate Whitebarring and you getting owned. and you have to use your stuns more efficiently if you want to succeed because of the double cooldown on all Stun/CC abilities.

2. Remove Expertise, make PvP and PvE use same gear: PvP stats never really work out in the end, Expertise isn't that useful anyway, just trash it. It would make fights more interesting because some people may have 69 gear while others have 78 or even in 2.7 the new 81 gear.

3. Make more Open World PvP options: I will make an entire thread on my ideas for Open World PvP, ill link it here when i make it.

4. PvP comms used to buy special PvP only Adrenals, Relics, Medpacs, crystals, Mounts, Gear Shells, Etc. This would make PvP comms still have a use, but you wouldn't use them for gear, except the Relics and Crystals. So we will still have the Conq and Oboron Relics, but at highly reduced costs from their current incarnations, and they will have all flavors of Relics, even clicky relics.

5. In PvP, all skills will have tweaked damage modifiers that only activate in PvP, along with some special Cooldown modifiers for certain skills.

6. Each Death in normal Warzones resets some skills cooldowns: Skills like Explosive Fuel, Oil Slick, Smoke Grenade, Emp Discharge, Shield Probe, Undying Rage, Force Camouflage, Enrage, Saber Throw, etc. will reset their Cooldowns when you die, most of these abilities are defensive or offensive cooldowns, and have high CD's for PvP, so they will reset after death.

I think that most of these will help fix most of PvP's issues. along with Cross-Server Queueing.

Tiffanitte
03.24.2014 , 11:14 AM | #22
Some of your comments made smile and laugh, esp. that hostage one. But some changes can made that would provide for a better game experience for all level of players.

1. Have no quarrel with Bolster. Sure it needs to be tweeked and fixed some, but Bioware admits they are working on it.

2. I agree with cross-servers in WZ's. Like to see that happen.

3. PvP gear is a far cry from being a grind, sorry, but compared to other games, easy to get in SWTOR.

4. I would like to see ranked WZs extended to 8v8 style, and allow for 8 man OP groups to que. This would allow for the better players to have the competition they crave against other good PvPer's. Also would decrease the bad experiences new players have in Reg WZs from being stomped on.

5. Would love to see a couple more new 8v8 WZs. Huttball Quesh coming up, well, nice but not too many pugs can compete well in that style without being in a talk program.

6. I would love to see an actual PvP Simulation room, that would actually simulate fighting against another player, also providing tips after each fight, providing at least some basic information that would teach you about your different spells and trees. The WZ dummy on your ship, is just a dps meter. Need something that moves around like a player and hits back. I would love Bioware with all my heart if they made something like that.

All in all, I would have to say that I am very pleased with with the game as a whole. No game is without their problems, but this one I really enjoy. I am on an RP PVP server, and the RP is very rich, and I also enjoy that as well. Keep up the good work Bioware

Warhrs
03.24.2014 , 12:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
I actually have a few great ideas.

2. Remove Expertise, make PvP and PvE use same gear: PvP stats never really work out in the end, Expertise isn't that useful anyway, just trash it. It would make fights more interesting because some people may have 69 gear while others have 78 or even in 2.7 the new 81 gear.
I'll second this idea, in a big way. I'm caught in the worst possible situation with my toon: A level 55 that, while maxed out against NPCs, can't land a single hit in PvP. Got a full suite of gear, all epic, but based on what I saw in PvP yesterday, it's all completely worthless against players 15-20 levels below me.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm getting penalized by the game because I stayed out of PvP early on, and just focused on leveling. So the game puts players into a sort-of Catch-22 situation: You have to PvP from the start to get the gear, but you get mangled by higher levels if you do and don't get the success necessary to gain better gear, OR---you grind up your level, but still don't have the gear to PvP, and then get subjected to public humiliation by levels that are way lower than you but have---apparently---have better gear.

This could be solved if the gear was simply the gear. In other words, higher levels get better stuff, lower levels don't. Then it would just come down to a contest of who's higher, OR---in the case of dueling 55's---it would come down to who can rack up the DPS faster.

I give up. No way to win on this scenario. I guess I just won't PvP anymore.

waterboytkd
03.24.2014 , 12:32 PM | #24
1: Fix bolster this way: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=730617

2: Allow for queuing in both Reg WZs and Ranked WZs simultaneously.

3: More 4v4 game types besides Arena. This is partly because it feels like with 4v4s, you get less degenerate teams compositions (ie stacking too many copies of one class or role), but mostly to make items #4 and #6 below work better. So at least 2 more 4v4 game types that aren't deathmatch.

4: Get rid of the distinction between Ranked and Unranked PvP. Make it all Ranked. The more people playing, the better an ELO system works. Hide the Ranks if epeen problems arise.

5: As far as what queues we can go into, change it to Solo and Grouped. Solo is just you (weird, huh?). Grouped is a team of 2-4 players. If it's an 8v8 game, then it'll take at least 2 teams to make up a side.
EDIT: The more I think about this, the less I like it. Really, to get ELO working at its peak, one queue. If the PUG v Premade is really an issue, well, the ELO should "fix" it.

6: Allow a game voting system, like Halo 3 had. Once teams are made, give the option of 3 different games that players can vote on. Assign the games a "priority order" that is used in the case of ties (so the game in slot 1 would be played if game 1 and game 2 or 3 tied for votes), but otherwise whichever of the 3 games gets the most votes is the one that gets played. The way it works with 4v4 and 8v8 is it first decides the size of the game, then gives you game types for that size (I asked for at least 2 more 4v4 game types in item #3 so that a 4v4 game type isn't guaranteed to be an Arena).
The Harbinger - The Grimprophet Legacy
Pubs: An'dru // Azule'ana // Gae'bryal // Jesi'ka // Ae'zryal
Imps: Jon'nee // Rae'zyal // Ma'rya // Kad'ija

JediMasterSLC
03.24.2014 , 01:52 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Remove Expertise, make PvP and PvE use same gear: PvP stats never really work out in the end, Expertise isn't that useful anyway, just trash it. It would make fights more interesting because some people may have 69 gear while others have 78 or even in 2.7 the new 81 gear.
Horrible idea: then you could PvP to get the best raid gear and vice versa. You might reply with "well what would be so bad about that?" If you do, you're clueless.

Devilk
03.24.2014 , 02:22 PM | #26
The responses to this thread make me facepalm. Give players a way to find out what classes can do at 55? Yeah, google does that. Remove the group function from regular warzones? Yeah this game is not an MMO at all, you cannot group with your friends for PvP but you can do so for PvE? Makes a lot of sense.

cashogy_reborn
03.24.2014 , 02:44 PM | #27
Removing Expertise does nothing.

If you have 2018 Expertise and your opponent has 2018 Expertise, the bonuses cancel out.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

TUXs
03.24.2014 , 02:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Arcadius-Fett View Post
Firing the combat team.
Brilliant start!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

TheSupaCoopa
03.24.2014 , 03:09 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by waterboytkd View Post
1: Fix bolster this way: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=730617

2: Allow for queuing in both Reg WZs and Ranked WZs simultaneously.

3: More 4v4 game types besides Arena. This is partly because it feels like with 4v4s, you get less degenerate teams compositions (ie stacking too many copies of one class or role), but mostly to make items #4 and #6 below work better. So at least 2 more 4v4 game types that aren't deathmatch.

4: Get rid of the distinction between Ranked and Unranked PvP. Make it all Ranked. The more people playing, the better an ELO system works. Hide the Ranks if epeen problems arise.

5: As far as what queues we can go into, change it to Solo and Grouped. Solo is just you (weird, huh?). Grouped is a team of 2-4 players. If it's an 8v8 game, then it'll take at least 2 teams to make up a side.

6: Allow a game voting system, like Halo 3 had. Once teams are made, give the option of 3 different games that players can vote on. Assign the games a "priority order" that is used in the case of ties (so the game in slot 1 would be played if game 1 and game 2 or 3 tied for votes), but otherwise whichever of the 3 games gets the most votes is the one that gets played. The way it works with 4v4 and 8v8 is it first decides the size of the game, then gives you game types for that size (I asked for at least 2 more 4v4 game types in item #3 so that a 4v4 game type isn't guaranteed to be an Arena).
I've been lobbying for more 4v4 game types, buy I'd like to see more focus on the War and WZs focusing in the war. Halo 3 had a veto system, not a vote.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

waterboytkd
03.24.2014 , 03:24 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
I've been lobbying for more 4v4 game types, buy I'd like to see more focus on the War and WZs focusing in the war. Halo 3 had a veto system, not a vote.
Maybe I was thinking of Halo: Reach? I know there was a Halo that would put up 3 games (a game being a Map + Game Type), and the players would vote for the one they wanted. Either way, that's the system that at least gives players some say over what WZs they do, but keeps queue times as short as possible.
The Harbinger - The Grimprophet Legacy
Pubs: An'dru // Azule'ana // Gae'bryal // Jesi'ka // Ae'zryal
Imps: Jon'nee // Rae'zyal // Ma'rya // Kad'ija