Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestions for PvP Grinding, uh Gearing*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Suggestions for PvP Grinding, uh Gearing*

cycao
03.24.2014 , 03:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kcon View Post
So how is it that you could possible understand the grind to get full Obroan if your still rocking partisan gear?
Because I have done the grind quite a few times already?

waterboytkd
03.24.2014 , 05:12 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
When 2.7 comes out we have to grind out 7000 ranked comms for weapons-something that could've been avoided. Something that takes a lot of time (especially for those of us who have many characters) and is overall worthless. And it will happen again and again. But it's ok your world because "that's how the devs intended it and it was causing meteors to rain in africa and kittens to be slaughtered in asia".
Let me preface by saying I hate the idea that gear level matters at all for PvP. If I had my way, gear would work this way.

When 2.7 comes out, you don't have to grind out 7000 ranked comms for weapons. Just get the Obroan ones for regular comms. It's way faster and cheaper, and in the end, pretty much just as effective. I only rock Conqueror now, and if and when I lose to someone, I always feel like it's because of skill (or just the natural flow of the game), not because of gear discrepancy. Unless healers are involved. Then I come to the forums and cry like a B.
The Harbinger - The Grimprophet Legacy
Pubs: An'dru // Azule'ana // Gae'bryal // Jesi'ka // Ae'zryal
Imps: Jon'nee // Rae'zyal // Ma'rya // Kad'ija

Zoom_VI
03.24.2014 , 05:17 PM | #23
I don't even have full obroan on my main, but I don't care if they release another teir. Ranked gear is barely 2% better than what you buy with regular comms and what you buy with regular comms isn't even a upgrade over bolster.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Vaerah
03.24.2014 , 07:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
While PvP gear need to be BiS, all 2.7 does is decrease viability of PvE gear everyone has already been using, not by making it not BiS, but by making it unviable. You can't afford losing losing 82 expertise for 20 bonus damage or so. The problem (while seems coming out of the blue) is that everyone now has to rinvest in WH crystals. Example, I am using white hawk eye crystal. It costs 5-7 million credits. For me to buy a white white hero crystal I will need to dish 3-5 million credits. This is a huge credit investment. Though I can afford it will consume about 50% of credits on all my toons, and that's just one toon.
You knew that one day they'd close the loop holes. You still chose to spend money AND you also got the advantage for months. So your investment has been actually bringing in fruit for all this current expansion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Blue 46s should have never been a viable option, but I do not see why instead of making PvP weapons provide better stats (all BW needed to do is make bolster read WH crystals as if they are hawk eye) they made PvE weapons unviable, because it requires no work on their end. As usual, they resolve to laziness by either making options unviable or deleting content.
You can't expect a company whose PvP FAQ consists of a "NO CAN DO" and that finds everything "too much technically challenging" to work well and do what they could.
They pick what's the lowest hanging fruit and are happy with that.

Anyway I and many others found it was a slap in face grinding weapons and then see guys out-doing them by spending few hours farming planets PvE.
Vaerah Shadow | Aykis Sentinel | Vaerah Vahrokha Sage | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | TRE server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm | Anthotyl Marauders | TRE server.

So-low
03.24.2014 , 07:35 PM | #25
Everyone should just go into pvp naked, then theres no need to grind gear.