Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Server Complaints About PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvE Server Complaints About PvP

howieloader
03.23.2014 , 03:42 PM | #1
How many people that complain about PvP play on a PvE server... I see so much "I'm so mad at this, I can't believe PvP is in this state, blah blah blah..." then their sig will show 6 characters on a PvE server... It just seems derp to me... Maybe I'm derp and it's just me... Just something I was wondering about...

sithBracer
03.23.2014 , 03:58 PM | #2
It doesn't matter what server you are on. The only difference is that you can't gank lowbies on a PvE server. There are decent players and horrible players on both PvP and PvE servers.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

AxeDragoneth
03.23.2014 , 06:35 PM | #3
There are skilled PvPers on all servers, and spending money to move a toon for content the devs don't care about isn't really a smart move at this point.. Diminishing someone's opinion based on what server they're on is pretty ridiculous. Are people on Bastion/Pot5 not allowed to complain about the alleged lack in PvE content?

I know what this game needs: More RP content! Yeah! That'll bring in the subs!

Rahc, All-Galaxy Powertech [when top3 PT mattered]
Ignore me, I'm just washed up and salty.

nitroyoshi
03.23.2014 , 06:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AxeDragoneth View Post
There are skilled PvPers on all servers, and spending money to move a toon for content the devs don't care about isn't really a smart move at this point.. Diminishing someone's opinion based on what server they're on is pretty ridiculous. Are people on Bastion/Pot5 not allowed to complain about the alleged lack in PvE content?

I know what this game needs: More RP content! Yeah! That'll bring in the subs!
dont make me smahc you
Jedi Covenant: ✮Ootar✮ | Ootaria | Lunarios | Heliara | Ootard | Uutar
The Bastion: ✮Photar✮ | Ootar | Ootard
The Harbinger: ✮Uutar✮ | Brotar | Teymari
Mostly Harmless | white girl problems | w/e 10% xp guild i can find

AxeDragoneth
03.23.2014 , 06:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by nitroyoshi View Post
dont make me smahc you
Ootar I will fahcing smahc you down and wahc your gahd dahm head off.

Rahc, All-Galaxy Powertech [when top3 PT mattered]
Ignore me, I'm just washed up and salty.

Qwurdilu
03.23.2014 , 09:09 PM | #6
And on my "pvp" server more ppl do actually play pve. Raiding 3:00 am? np. Warzones? no way.

Thats why i dont understand why pvp and pve servers cant be merged. Everyone would profit, including bw for needing less infrastructure.

Juithtin
03.23.2014 , 09:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Qwurdilu View Post
Thats why i dont understand why pvp and pve servers cant be merged. Everyone would profit, including bw for needing less infrastructure.
You'll probably end up with the same answer we got when the APAC servers were shutdown instead of merged into one: "We don't want to force people into a certain play style."
Hoshou // Jedi Sentinel || Tesala // Sith Marauder
The Deathstalker Legacy
Harbinger

<One Last Stand> R.I.P Dalborra. It's been fun.

nitroyoshi
03.24.2014 , 12:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AxeDragoneth View Post
Ootar I will fahcing smahc you down and wahc your gahd dahm head off.
put a sahc in it, rahc
ur just a tank hahrdly anything to worry abouht when I'm lahcing down ur healer
Jedi Covenant: ✮Ootar✮ | Ootaria | Lunarios | Heliara | Ootard | Uutar
The Bastion: ✮Photar✮ | Ootar | Ootard
The Harbinger: ✮Uutar✮ | Brotar | Teymari
Mostly Harmless | white girl problems | w/e 10% xp guild i can find

chillshock
03.24.2014 , 04:12 AM | #9
There is a simple reason why I chose a PvE realm: I've played on many a PvP server before. And open-World-Pvp has so far mostly been about griefing and ganking. People who are totally overgeared and/or experienced in the played game and it's 'exploits' killing people who are eating dinner, watching tv and questing away. (Yes, I've done it too... killing players as a nude-rogue with level 1 daggers in wow classic was just sooooo ... ok, lame. Everyone and their mother did it).

So:
PvE realm => PvP if I want to.
PvP realm => PvP if I don't want to and nothing can be done about griefers.

owpvp is basically PvP players camping lowbies.

When was the last time YOU've seen a fair openworld pvp fight?

Master-Nala
03.24.2014 , 04:20 AM | #10
I followed my old guild from EQ2 to Harbinger. About 5 (of about 30) who came here PvP, so we headed to a PvE server. Since I'm a really sick altoholic, I now have 22 characters, 18 are level 55. Would cost far too much to move and heck at least the regular pops are 1-2 min.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link