Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best path to 1500 - solo or team?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best path to 1500 - solo or team?

Valdinar
03.23.2014 , 01:37 PM | #1
Can a decent player solo rating their way to 1500? Or generally people hit that through team?

I'm not looking for "omg I'm swag MLG yolo afro so good SO YES OF COURSE" BS brag posts, I'm asking, legitimately, can decent players get to this rating if they are worthy of it, or is it done generally through team? I find myself hovering around 1300 and consistently getting derps that offset each victory, and I'm wondering essentially am I doing it wrong by going solo.

Virus_Bot
03.23.2014 , 02:55 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Valdinar View Post
Can a decent player solo rating their way to 1500? Or generally people hit that through team?

I'm not looking for "omg I'm swag MLG yolo afro so good SO YES OF COURSE" BS brag posts, I'm asking, legitimately, can decent players get to this rating if they are worthy of it, or is it done generally through team? I find myself hovering around 1300 and consistently getting derps that offset each victory, and I'm wondering essentially am I doing it wrong by going solo.
people generally just trade in 4's when there's no one else on Q. Usually done at past midnight to avoid getting other teams.
That's how i got mine anyways.

cashogy_reborn
03.23.2014 , 03:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Virus_Bot View Post
people generally just trade in 4's when there's no one else on Q. Usually done at past midnight to avoid getting other teams.
So you cheated. Good to know.

You probably have to do Solo Queue, since 4s dont pop often and when they do the teams are very good. Solo Queue is frustrating. There are too many idiots that think they are really good in it.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

foxmob
03.23.2014 , 03:12 PM | #4
without cheating, solo queue. and queue dodge. if there are bad players on your faction, particularly healers, and you know the other faction is getting pops, then you absolutely must not queue. I happen to love the fact that solo queue prevents the same 4 ppl from dominating the queue and pushing ppl away from queueing. BUT, when your faction is always going to have the bad healer or the handicap...then you need to recognize this and stop queueing.

solo is obviously the way to go. as already stated, 4s is dominated by very good teams. it's a venue for the best teams to face off. unless you already have such a team, it's not at all worth your bother. there's a healer for the best/one of the best teams on my server. he's 43-1. FOURTY-THREE wins with just ONE loss. and his high rating is 1640-something. that's insane. it's because he can only get rating off of one other team on the server. the rest of the team who queue just get rolled and don't even bother getting a rating. so yeah. if you have a GOOD 4m, go right ahead. but you'll still likely lose a good deal of matches. and the way this rating system works, those first 10 matches seriously outweigh all others.
Krack

Ren_simp
03.23.2014 , 03:56 PM | #5
I got to 1700 preseason 1410 in season one
I've had shocking luck over the season it's been a real roller coaster
Solo you are subjected to rng from teammates and composition
In the last few week my rating has dropped 200 pts just from bad teammates ie; players that have leveled
in the bolster system have know real idea how to prepare their toons
I say if you can organise in house ranked go for t bioware has shown us recently how it feels about pvp in this game
I don't condone cheating in any form but... That rancour would be nice
Republic Diehard

Virus_Bot
03.23.2014 , 04:13 PM | #6
Listen kid.. do you want the rancor or not?

Hei_Atzfel
03.23.2014 , 04:26 PM | #7
Listen kid.. do you want the rancor or not?
After seeing the run animation, honestly, no, I don't. It looks absurdly stupid. I prefer my varactyl.

SOULCASTER
03.23.2014 , 04:48 PM | #8
^ LOL that's how those bastion kids do it huh?

OP, Solo's is the way to go regardless of server. Hardly anyone queues teams anymore, and if they do, they likely won't be a team you will be farming for 1500 ELO.

The best way to get 1500 ELO is have legacy gear with a few toons. As you do solo queues, you have to see what your'e up against and what classes/specs your faction is also running. And switch gear or toons accordingly to better compliment your team. That's what I do. I play prime time 6pm-midnight every night on Pot5 and that's how I got mine.

Don't queue dodge or ELO trade. That **** is laughable lol.

The Soulcaster Legacy
Port Nowhere | Prophecy of the Five | Star Forge

foxmob
03.23.2014 , 06:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
^
The best way to get 1500 ELO is have legacy gear with a few toons. As you do solo queues, you have to see what your'e up against and what classes/specs your faction is also running. And switch gear or toons accordingly to better compliment your team. That's what I do. I play prime time 6pm-midnight every night on Pot5 and that's how I got mine.

Don't queue dodge or ELO trade. That **** is laughable lol.
that is queue dodging. or what I meant by it. you're clearly talking about messing around with various toons. not playing certain toons because of what's out there. I mean...potato potahto, dude.
Krack

SOULCASTER
03.23.2014 , 06:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
that is queue dodging. or what I meant by it. you're clearly talking about messing around with various toons. not playing certain toons because of what's out there. I mean...potato potahto, dude.
So because I have access to multiple toons, and am able to get off certain classes when I see my faction has too many of them (often times which helps me not sit in the queue for 30+minutes), you're implying I'm queue-dodging?

Playing and queueing on multiple toons isn't queue dodging. Queue dodging is what some people do, which is adding friends that they get paired with that BLOW and have 800 elo. Then wait until they are in a match to queue.

The Soulcaster Legacy
Port Nowhere | Prophecy of the Five | Star Forge