Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lots of BW Hate & Yet We Still Sub.....Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lots of BW Hate & Yet We Still Sub.....Why?

Jadescythe
03.24.2014 , 08:45 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevor_the_Bruce View Post
I never could understand why people hate BW. I guess there are lots of immature kids on these forums that have all the time in the day to complain about stuff and that is why WS is the perfect place for them, since they can finally go play with cartoon characters just like they see on TV every saturday morning. Now onto the reasons why I love this game and I have been subing for a long time:

1. Its Star Wars
2. I love playing PVP and I find that it is really fun on this MMO. I appreciate that bioware is working on fixing balance issues and that we are getting new content. Huttball is my favorite pvp experience of any MMO I've ever played. I have tons of fun playing PVP with my friends and it is my main activity I do when I'm logged on. 1000's of hours of entertainment is money well spent in my opinion.
3. I love the stroy lines for all the classes. BW really did a good job creating interesting story and dialogue for characters in this game. The voice acting is really good to. I have fun going through most of the worlds and doing the class missions.
4. The graphics in this game are pretty good. When I first subed, I was so used to Knights of the old republic graphics, so i was kinda turned off at first. But as teh game progressed I actually came to like the graphics in this game. Its much better than WoW and WS (which are so cartooninsh I don't see why any adult would be seen caught playing those).
5. I like the class leveling progression and how characters have their own unique feel and play style.
You're playing a Star Wars MMO and calling other people immature kids at the same time. And apparently posting on the forums means you have too much time on your hands (which you're doing as well ironically), but 1000's of hours of PvP makes you cool!

This game lasted this long because it's Star Wars. I'm glad that Bioware attempting class balance 2 years into the game is god news for you. And there are things Bioware did well with this game which you've listed here. Unfortunately, none of them are PvP related and this happens to be the PvP section of the forums.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Joesixxpack
03.24.2014 , 08:58 AM | #42
It's SW and a pretty good game due to how they handled the IP story-wise. However PVP (which tops my why I play games reasons) has been languishing, low prioritized, and shat on despite it's tremendous potential. Reskin the IP and I would never have touched this game to begin with.

Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
You just need a game that you actually like to come out. That's what did it for me. Hell; it isn't even out yet, but I have been busy planning what I'm going to do first rather than log into this game. 1 more week for me. Some have a few weeks and others may be a couple more years. Then there are some who so far have no hope to look forward to.
Hail!

WickedImage
03.24.2014 , 09:19 AM | #43
I "re-subbed" because I ran out of other games to occupy my time and I still love the star wars franchise. PS2, GW2, and all other interests have been played with at this point. I enjoyed some but not enough to continue them....just like when I was playing swtor a year or so ago.
I left swtor last year for other game pursuits because pvp was out of whack. I came back to swtor knowing I only "intended" on playing the pve portion. I enjoy the pve portion and have few qualms with it. The problem is...pve bores me rather quickly. So I ended up pvping again. Just like last time, I will be leaving again soon due to the lack of pvp interest by EAWARE. My sub ends in a month or 2. If there were something else out now of interest I'd already have left again.
The "pvp faq" thread basically cements my leaving again, and according to what Ive been reading, I'm not the only one.
Ohhhhh Eric....I appreciate you trying to satiate and appease the player base with the long post. However when every answer ends up being "no" it just comes out VERY off-putting. As you saw, it brought out a ton of middle fingers. Customers hate "no". Unless you can answer some of the faq's with some positive responses I recommend you not saying anything in the future.
(by "positive", I do NOT mean "upbeat". I mean you actually say "yes" to some of the faq's)
Many of the faq's are merely qol things.
It's very sad eaware is not interested in or is simply choosing not to improve the QoL for the pvp segment.....especially since that segment helps make up part of their pve segment......
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

AlrikFassbauer
03.24.2014 , 10:59 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by WickedImage View Post
I "re-subbed" because I ran out of other games to occupy my time and I still love the star wars franchise. PS2, GW2, and all other interests have been played with at this point.
There do exist offline games as well, you know ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

malachyg
03.24.2014 , 11:08 AM | #45
I don't hate Bioware but they do come across as having nothing but disdain for their customers. I will probably sub to WildStar however I participated in the WildStar beta this weekend, and if it's any indication of where the game is currently at, it will not be ready for release in June. Should they go ahead with the original schedule, it will be an unmitigated disaster. I really missed the absence of voice acting in the game to be honest.

SWTOR could have been epic if Bioware had listened to customers, I think it's annoyance more than anything else. I still dip in and out of the game.

Zoom_VI
03.24.2014 , 12:09 PM | #46
Because real men bash and threaten to unsub from games they like.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

WickedImage
03.24.2014 , 12:30 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
There do exist offline games as well, you know ...

all other interests have been played with at this point.
if there were something else out now of interest I'd already have left again.
I hardly play anything that's offline these days. Rarely worth the money for me since they dont hold my interest more than a week. No real people = no real challenge = stale gameplay. "My opinion".
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%