Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lots of BW Hate & Yet We Still Sub.....Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lots of BW Hate & Yet We Still Sub.....Why?

foxmob
03.23.2014 , 11:10 AM | #11
NAVY SEALS!
Krack

Katsuragisama
03.23.2014 , 11:31 AM | #12
IMO The only reason this game has survived past launch was because of the Star Wars IP. If it wasnt for that I doubt this game would have lasted a year without dropping below 100k subscriptions. If it wasnt for the SW skinned WoW clone that it is with light sabers and blaster pistols it would probably be below Rift. Though atleast I was able to play this to end game when it first came out due to story lines and voice overs >.<
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

MotorCityMan
03.23.2014 , 11:34 AM | #13
No hate here. I had the most fun in SWTOR leveling. I still like to level characters. I am not a big raider, but what I have seen, the pve content is fun and well done. The total amount of content in this game for as young as it is and the cut backs they have had is pretty impressive.
But it is true also that the pvp is very limited. I have not done space so can't comment. I should try it.
I do play other games, most notably The Secret World, and will continue to do so.

Kerensk
03.23.2014 , 11:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
Duran'del here:

1. Dude, Star Wars
2. Its fun.
3. I've got 3 55s and I'm working on leveling all my alt to at least 50.
4. No other MMO has voice-acting like this game.
5. I don't like any of the other MMOs.
Agreed.

And I'm not mad at the answers, mostly because none of its news. They just condensed 2 years of rare Dev comments into one post.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

Trixdope
03.23.2014 , 11:57 AM | #15
I'm unsubbing finally. But I'll still play as f2P until this game dies or they actually start implementing **** that's worth my money.

Simbr
03.23.2014 , 01:47 PM | #16
STAR WARS

If it wasn't I know I wouldn't be here.

Metalenceladus
03.23.2014 , 02:29 PM | #17
1. Star Wars MMO
2.Continuation of a timeline I really loved since KotOR
3.Operations are challenging and fun, even if the players can be tedious
4.PVP is a team-based sport-like experience I can really get behind. Not a complete Spam war, clusterfuk that WoW is. Honestly, they could do ranked Huttball matches, especially with multiple maps, and turn this game into a legitimate E-Sport. Same thing with their Arena's.
5.More involving story lines than i have seen in any MMO's to date.

Look it has it's issues, but really, I have got my moneys worth out of this game ten fold, and I recommend it to all my friends constantly.
"Beware The Military Industrial Complex, War is thier bread and butter, War they will have"

MidichIorian
03.23.2014 , 02:35 PM | #18
1. Lack of, IMO, interesting options. I guess I could stop playing games althogether but what it really comes down to is my work schedule. I work nights and I can't just go home and jump straight in bed in the mornings. So I play. The options at those hours are very limited because other people are either heading to work or at sleep. I post on the forums from work btw, in lack of better things to do there.

2. Laziness. Even if I came across a game that I considered to be on par I'd probably be too lazy to just give up on swtor and start on something new. I know that I'll never play a MMO again, that's for sure, because leveling really isnt my thing.

Oh and I didnt start playing this game because it has the SW logo. SW is probably the reason to why I discovered it (ads, commercials etc) but not why I play it. Hell, I'm not even a big fan of SW and from the little I've watched of the story cinematics I'd have to say that it doesnt feel particulary SW. The game doesnt look like I imagined a SW game to look either. I think they should have created much darker settings a la' Gears of War to capture the feeling of it being a war.

sithBracer
03.23.2014 , 03:05 PM | #19
1. I'm actually not a star wars fan-to me it's just meh-but I really like the individual and planet stories in this game. AFAIK no other mmo goes into so much dept and detail for every single class.
2. I've seen and read about the pvp on other games, there is not as much difference there. Some of them are even worse.
3. I don't really hate the pvp in this game. There are a lot of issues, but none that I absolutely can't forgive or look past.
4. I really like some of the new outfits.
5. I like the design of many planets.
6. ops are fun.

The only thing I hate about this game are some of the people. But that would happen in any game.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Ren_simp
03.23.2014 , 03:14 PM | #20
Although I'm Exrtemely disgruntled with biowares attitude and ability to get pvp
Working on the level of say wow for example the 1thing that keeps me loggin in each day is
My guild mates.

We have a damn good time carrying on in Ts and if this is the game that keeps us altogether
Then so be it.
Republic Diehard