Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lots of BW Hate & Yet We Still Sub.....Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lots of BW Hate & Yet We Still Sub.....Why?

Josewales
03.23.2014 , 09:03 AM | #1
Meh...

1. Casual friendly for us real lifers.
2. All new gen RvRs are still broken. Camelot Unchained still a few years away. There is still time for hope here.
3. I prefer light sticks over gnomes and elfs. It's still a lazy arse WoW clone...but hey, it's got charm.
4. Josey Wales for once in 14 years of pvping, gets to dual pistols in a cowboy hat.

You...

Xienive
03.23.2014 , 09:27 AM | #2
1. It's Star Wars
2. It's the only MMO I'm currently already level capped and geared on with multiple characters.

Master-Nala
03.23.2014 , 09:30 AM | #3
I was as disappointed in the answers as anyone, but when it comes right down to it, I like playing the game. I have fun. So I keep playing (and paying). I absolutely wish they would do more for PvP, at least basic stuff like let us pick what WZs we queue for. But when it comes to it, I prefer to play this game to others.

I would not go to the newer MMOs in any event, that's a fool's errand. Next month when I become a subscriber to all of SOE's titles for one sub price, I will play around in their library. DCUO is kinda fun, if a bit grindy.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Venjirai
03.23.2014 , 09:37 AM | #4
5. Wildstar hasn't been released yet.
Taten > Worte

Technohic
03.23.2014 , 09:43 AM | #5
You just need a game that you actually like to come out. That's what did it for me. Hell; it isn't even out yet, but I have been busy planning what I'm going to do first rather than log into this game. 1 more week for me. Some have a few weeks and others may be a couple more years. Then there are some who so far have no hope to look forward to.

TheSupaCoopa
03.23.2014 , 09:46 AM | #6
Duran'del here:

1. Dude, Star Wars
2. Its fun.
3. I've got 3 55s and I'm working on leveling all my alt to at least 50.
4. No other MMO has voice-acting like this game.
5. I don't like any of the other MMOs.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Josewales
03.23.2014 , 09:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Venjirai View Post
5. Wildstar hasn't been released yet.
Wrong time of the season for me to care about it. Warm weather incoming! If all we get is fluffy housing, new gear grinds and an increase to level cap. Then this fall I probably will check it out.

But one thing that will definitely make me not care about WS or EoS....are RvR events similar to the Bounty event model, where players are scattered all over the planets picking their poison (easy cure for SWTOR engine blues & pop imbalance). And pvping in the actual game for once in an actual carrot war...the sideshow instances has been old since BC.

Hei_Atzfel
03.23.2014 , 09:49 AM | #8
I don't hate bioware, just have annoyance towards them. On one hand I love them for the annoucement of strongholds and guild ships, on the other hand, I hate how they seem to just throw PvP to the dogs. But I still play because one way or another, I love this game.

Savej
03.23.2014 , 10:52 AM | #9
The hate is undeserved. They haven't done as good a job as they could have or probably should have or even as good a job as their marketing said they would (;>) but that's no reason to hate. The deck was stacked heavily against them and what they did deliver isn't nearly as bad as some very immature sorts have lamented here. Even if I move on soon and I probably will, I did get thousands of hours of fun here so I can't really complain (or "hate").

valeita
03.23.2014 , 10:56 AM | #10
It's SW *_*

/thread