Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

merc pyro


Cempa's Avatar


Cempa
03.23.2014 , 03:31 AM | #1
I've never played Merc before and was wanting to ask how well does the build stand up to melee in WZ? Are they a liability in arena like some say or not? I play PT Pyro and love the build..love the control, burst, mobility and mitigation.
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Aetideus's Avatar


Aetideus
03.23.2014 , 04:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
I've never played Merc before and was wanting to ask how well does the build stand up to melee in WZ? Are they a liability in arena like some say or not? I play PT Pyro and love the build..love the control, burst, mobility and mitigation.
Fun in 8x8, no 'problems' with melee, circumstantial in Arenas.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
03.23.2014 , 09:16 AM | #3
Personally I'd rather see a pyro than a arsenal merc in arenas. Arsenal is more bursty but its also a turret. Pyro is way more mobile.

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
03.23.2014 , 09:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Personally I'd rather see a pyro than a arsenal merc in arenas. Arsenal is more bursty but its also a turret. Pyro is way more mobile.
*Well, pyro has burst if lined up. Sticky Grenade into Assault Plastique into HIB into Full Auto into HIB

Into, into, into









*May contain too much 'into'

AngusFTW's Avatar


AngusFTW
03.23.2014 , 10:15 AM | #5
pyro merc is pretty good these days but its reliance on white dmg casted attacks to proc the railshot hurt it a bit compared to vg/pt pyro though overall its pretty fun. Electronet, offheals and cleanse are pretty nice to have. I'd say its probably a pretty good solo queue spec for regstaring my favourite for that purpose along with sorc dps. (i main sentinel but much prefer these kinda classes without pocket healing )

i have a merc, i'm leveling a vg and i keep on pressing my kolto bomb keybind on my vg when kiting with hold the line because of habit from merc
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.23.2014 , 10:16 AM | #6
Skill cap is high. You can have success in Arenas, but if you get crap teammates prepare to be destroyed.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
03.23.2014 , 11:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Skill cap is high. You can have success in Arenas, but if you get crap teammates prepare to be destroyed.
Indeed... I've got to face this brutal Reality for myself...

Lost 150+ rating in a day! while I only gained 70... So I can wave 1500 goodbye. (The worst thing is that I was 7 (!!!!) rating away. 7! Now I'm at 1402)

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.23.2014 , 11:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Indeed... I've got to face this brutal Reality for myself...

Lost 150+ rating in a day! while I only gained 70... So I can wave 1500 goodbye. (The worst thing is that I was 7 (!!!!) rating away. 7! Now I'm at 1402)
Its very frustrating to say the least lol.

My max so far is 1415, and I had dropped all the way to 1300 and am now back to 1400.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
03.23.2014 , 11:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Indeed... I've got to face this brutal Reality for myself...

Lost 150+ rating in a day! while I only gained 70... So I can wave 1500 goodbye. (The worst thing is that I was 7 (!!!!) rating away. 7! Now I'm at 1402)
For me if I lose more than two in a row I stop queuing for a bit then go back to it later in hopes to get away from the rotation of bad players. Usually works out.

Kerensk's Avatar


Kerensk
03.23.2014 , 11:34 AM | #10
It's shocking how squishy the class is. For all the heavy armor and tough looks the survivability is still only a hair above sorc/sages, and even they get their invincibility bubble.

But if your team can keep the enemy off your back for a few GCDs (or a healer pump health into you) then you can decimate enemies with your burst.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”