Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives need to be gutted

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives need to be gutted

cycao
03.20.2014 , 07:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by IsserWoloch View Post
Sig material, I think.
I'm running low on room tho.

Brunner_Venda
03.20.2014 , 08:08 AM | #22
I don't know if anyone has bothered to look at 2.7, but operatives are already nerfed.

No more KD or roll spamming.

Don't worry about them, because now nobody is going to want to play one.

kthunae
03.20.2014 , 08:21 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
Specifically because as a Commando the amount of counterplay against a Scoundrel or Operative is practically nil.

Here's every single encounter I've ever had against a Scoundrel/Operative DPS:

- Get knocked on my *** from them from stealth losing 1/3 my health from the first blow
- Get up from that cc, manage to turn around and try and defend myself
- **** that, immediately cc me again (Resolve bar still hasn't filled) and attack from behind again
- Lose another 1/3 - 2/3's of my health from that, so I'm either close to dead or fully dead now
- Assuming I'm alive, as soon as that CC wears off I get CC'd AGAIN (?!?) and from there it's an easy oneshot

Balanced my *** if the entire "fight" is just chain cc and often I don't even get a single shot off because of it: that's not balance that's a slaughter. Using the stun breaker only gives them the chance to stun me again immediately after I use it, so I'm pretty much dead if I do, dead if I don't.

Also had another example yesterday where in Alderaan Civil War one, just ONE Scoundrel/Op was able to defend a turret all by themselves by spamming their cc from stealth, then simply walking around the turret platform throwing grenades despite LOS'ing them. And this was 2 v 1 with myself and a Vangaurd, and they were only scared off by a 3rd person jumping in... and did they die finally after that long of being attacked?

Course not, triple roll away and they're practically at the middle turret already healing to full health.

Whenever a Scoundrel/Operative attacks there's basically no gameplay and I have no idea how this is allowed to exist. Maybe it wouldn't be such an issue if Stealth Scan wasn't completely awful, but hey, nobody seems to want to improve that either...
learn 2 play, QQtard.

TezMoney
03.20.2014 , 08:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
I don't know if anyone has bothered to look at 2.7, but operatives are already nerfed.

Threads like is why they are loosing their knock down. People get knocked down a few times and loose their cool, and then get blown up w/ little resistance. Personally I don't have an issue w/ it because I'm patient and use my pushback and stuns properly, but a lot of people apparently just throw their keyboard as soon as their face hits the dirt.

Not saying i never get blown up myself, especially if their is more than one stealth around, but dps/drels are far from uncounterable for a merc/mando.
Tebor - Mercenary
R E I G N

Sith Empire - Jung Ma
Official Guild Website

cycao
03.20.2014 , 08:49 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post

The changes to scamper is actually a buff and not a nerf. I mean 0 energy, can do it two times before it goes on a cooldown and slows don't effect it anymore seems like a buff to me.

IsserWoloch
03.20.2014 , 09:43 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
slows don't effect it anymore
Wait, what? Please tell me that's a joke. No-energy scamper is already a serious buff to op healers in arenas, where there's no reason to chain more then 2 rolls together anyway.
Bastion
WÓnter | Concealment Operative
Issere | Corruption Sorcerer

Capt_Beers
03.20.2014 , 10:16 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by IsserWoloch View Post
Wait, what? Please tell me that's a joke. No-energy scamper is already a serious buff to op healers in arenas, where there's no reason to chain more then 2 rolls together anyway.
At least they won't be able to get to the HB before I'm up the first ramp. #better?
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Asheris
03.20.2014 , 10:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
At least they won't be able to get to the HB before I'm up the first ramp. #better?
Yeah, now we will make it before you get up the second ramp

Capt_Beers
03.20.2014 , 11:06 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post
Yeah, now we will make it before you get up the second ramp
That's cool, should probably be able to get in Harpoon range then. They'll still be way out infornt of their team so it'll be easier to rope them and focus.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

chosonman
03.20.2014 , 11:35 AM | #30
I play a scoundrel and I love players that dont know how to counter. I hate good players who do though. Scoundrel are melee type characters. If you dont know how to handle melee attacks no one can help you. (Kite kite hint hint)