Dark Jedi Shadow with red saber possible?

Berdelsan

Hello guys

Im looking forward to this as much as the rest of you and my cusin is pursuading me to join the light side. This is a bit hard as ive allways favoured the dark side and had plans to become a sith inquisitor assassin with the red saber as ive allways loved

However his new argument is that i can join the republic but go the dark side jedi way. This is appealing to me but only if i can get my red saber.

So my question is, will a republic jedi be able to use a lightsaber with a red color crystal?

Thanks in advance!

From my experience in the weekend beta stress test, this is possible... once I attained a rank 1 on the light side of my moral choices, I lost the ability to use a saber with a red crystal in it (which I specifically bought modified cause I liked the idea of being a red saber user on the side of the good guys.)

yes. but you'll first have to earn enough dark side points in your early leveling. red lightsaber color crystals are restricted to anybody with a certain amount of light side points. playing a dark jedi shadow will give you a double bladed saber which you can make red (ala darth maul) probably around level 10 or 11. just keep in mind though, that you'll still have the "light-er side" force powers like telekinetic throw, and not use of any lightening attacks.

You can also use it if netural so you don't have to wait till you hit dark one to get a red colour crystal, just make sure you dont hit light 1 :).

This is exactly right. You just need to make enough dark side choices (or, rather, avoid making too many light side ones) to keep yourself under Light 1.

To answer the poster immediately above this, the only thing you lose by going dark is the ability to use blue and green crystals, which sitting at dark 1 or deeper will prevent you from equipping.

Yes, easily. Just get to Dark I and buy a red crystal on the market, or get one from crafting, or take one out of a blaster with red crystal in it.

Not only this ^.

But you can get a great (red I think it was) double bladed lightsabre from the first flaskpoint you do, The Esseless if you have some luck with you and it drops.

Still have to have the darkside points though cause of the restriction.

Like these people said. Just make all Dark Side choices. The only difference between going light and dark is cosmetic. You can only use blue/green crystals as light, red as dark. Also, you get a different set of titles. Light V = (name) the Benevolent. Dark V = (name) the Malevolent.