Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Repair files after every patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Repair files after every patch

habbidasher
11.14.2019 , 06:37 PM | #1
I'm curious how many people are still having this problem. Every time the game is patched or expanded, I have to repair files before I play. Usually twice, with different files getting repaired. It takes quite a long time. It's awesome.

Anyway, suggestions? Opinions? Pro advice?

DreadtechSavant
11.14.2019 , 06:47 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by habbidasher View Post
I'm curious how many people are still having this problem. Every time the game is patched or expanded, I have to repair files before I play. Usually twice, with different files getting repaired. It takes quite a long time. It's awesome.

Not had to repair for some time, not sure when but was around the time Starfighter came out. That really sucks if you need to repair every time there's a patch. Have you removed bitraider? Just a thought many seem to and have some success in doing so.

habbidasher
11.14.2019 , 06:51 PM | #3
Bit raider has been removed for some time now, yes.

DreadtechSavant
11.14.2019 , 07:16 PM | #4
Bit raider has been removed for some time now, yes.
Ok, then I guess that leave your PC, I know I have less issues on my desktop than I do on my laptop. By that I mean download is a lot quicker. It may not help you but if not already done so make sure that the PC drivers are all up to date, you have regular system defragmentation's done. If none of that helps then I'll let more experienced players who have better tech knowledge say more. Other than that I hope someone can help you here on the forums.

Good luck.

ObscureEmpyre
11.14.2019 , 08:40 PM | #5
I feel like I could use the repair feature, but it's grayed out. Since today's patch, a lot of my skills become grayed out in combat. It's confusing whether or not I can actually use them, when in fact most of the time I still can. Found out about this glitch the hard way by PvPing, and thinking "huh?!" Dead 2 seconds later as a result.

JediQuaker
11.15.2019 , 08:20 AM | #6

It is most likely a problem with your PC. It could be that your hard drive (or SSD) is flakey, particularly when there's a large write sequence.
Depending upon your system you could replace the hard drive or add an SSD to store SWTOR on. But, of course, the problem could be with your USB controller, or it could just be heat. I'd need hands on to check. 🙂
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

OwenBrooks
11.15.2019 , 08:46 AM | #7

Have seen repair loops occur for some people using SSN , solution is switch to bitraider its why it exists as a different patcher .....

OwenBrooks
11.15.2019 , 08:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ObscureEmpyre View Post
I feel like I could use the repair feature, but it's grayed out. Since today's patch, a lot of my skills become grayed out in combat. It's confusing whether or not I can actually use them, when in fact most of the time I still can. Found out about this glitch the hard way by PvPing, and thinking "huh?!" Dead 2 seconds later as a result.
if using bitraider the repair on the launcher is permanently disabled, the repair is per https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troublesho...unread-message

your issue is likely this in the known issues sticky https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...4886775#M40174

Quickbar abilities are not correctly highlighted

did you see my last post about gsync ? and 23-24 fps

Lhancelot
11.15.2019 , 11:25 AM | #9

I started having serious issues with the Bitraider launcher with 6.0, prior to that I have never had much issue with the "ST" Bitraider version launcher.

No explanation given by anyone to explain how this inexplicably started with 6.0, and I doubt any acknowledgement by BW will ever happen, let alone a fix on their end. That's their MO.

They really ought to tweak their launcher. Bitraider, no Bitraider, delete this file, move that file there, etc. etc. Why are players left having to do all this extra crap just to play the game?

How hard is it for BW to set it up so that you can choose either the Bitraider launcher download or the non-Bitraider launcher download? How hard is it for THEM to fix it?

Since some people have no issues with Bitraider, while others do, why not have on the official SWTOR website a way to choose which launcher we install and operate with?
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.