Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RStaves
11.14.2019 , 04:15 PM | #71
In the Gathering Part of Crafting, you did put listing what was gathered into the chat window, but if your person is Gathering and Not the Companion you don't get the list, Now in your bag you can choose what leaves the bag the lowest to go to storage is White, but you can choose everything Gold and lower, The request form many is that what you gather stays in your bag until you choose what to do with the gatherings, finally the list in the Storage bag is Much better it does need the ability the list by Grade of material added though.

TrixxieTriss
11.14.2019 , 07:28 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
This has probably already been mentioned, however please fix the display bug in the crew skills window which currently fails to correctly show or update how many items can be made. Example: in the following screenshot I should be able to make x1 Artifact Curious Cell Craft but it's listing I can make 0:
https://imgur.com/a/ZMe2pCE
I've seen this on all my crafters and so far it only seems to be affecting the new crafting items from 6.0.
Yes, that is bugging the crap out of me. All I’m doing is making dyes at the moment till changes come through, but that bug is soooooo annoying.

And so is the one that often scrolls the mission window back to the top after you select a mission down the list. So many times I’ve accidentally clicked the wrong one as it flicks back to the top.

TrixxieTriss
11.14.2019 , 07:29 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post
The flash point mat is dropping enough as I have nearly 400 of them, but they should drop for every pvp match that you do.
I’ve got 6 after doing 200 FPS. How the heck did you get 400 just doing FPs.

Edit: I should clarify, do you mean the gold mat or the blue isotope mat?

TrixxieTriss
11.14.2019 , 09:12 PM | #74
Crafting idea

Could we please have an extra 2 or more comps (than the 8 we already) for crafting and gathering missions.
8 was fine when we only had 8 comps years ago and it was fine when things didn’t take 30+ mins to craft.

It might be time to reconsider the number now because most people will have more than 10 comps when they hit 700 crafting and things take longer to craft too.

Maybe you could add the extra comps as part of the lvl 11 upgrade. That would help off set the 500,000 cost to go from 600 to 700.

Void_Singer
11.14.2019 , 11:40 PM | #75
@TrixxieTriss
The The mission list resetting is caused by any craft completion, andy new new pending rewards, and for some reason, the buff change on Krall's Accord tactical.

The Gold Mat (Legendary Embers I assume you mean) mainly drops from Wealthy missions,, the deconstruction of gold set pieces is just a bonus. (pretty sure the guy meant the blue siotope, which drop like rain)

AND OMG PLZ YES Moar Deployable Companions... I could easily send out 18+ on my crafting toons... and with increased times for everything, would need to just to keep up with requirements
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

SgtJeremy
11.15.2019 , 12:06 AM | #76
Yay, some changes. I want to get into crafting but boy is it in a rough spot. Some more schematics would be nice too but I won't hold my breath.
"Victory at all costs, Victory inspite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, their is no peace."
http://www.swtor.com/r/pqwT9F Want free stuff, sure you do.

AllisonLightning
11.15.2019 , 01:07 AM | #77
You have to add the crafted tacticals into the general game outside of crafting- unlike 258 where you could earn the gear and not shortcut buy it- you have some of the best tacticals for respective classes or decent ones, locked behind the exact issue you're trying to stamp out in game.

All you have to do is add them as a drop chance in PvP crates and in NiM/MM operations. It'll balance things out so that the people who need them have a way (still your RNG which is still pretty bad) to get them.

Endgame main gear pieces should not be exclusively tied up in crafting.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

TrixxieTriss
11.15.2019 , 01:59 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
@TrixxieTriss
The The mission list resetting is caused by any craft completion, andy new new pending rewards, and for some reason, the buff change on Krall's Accord tactical.
Actually it’s happening to me without the pending completion. It usually happens when I try to scroll

DawnAskham
11.15.2019 , 07:08 AM | #79
Also vastly reduce or remove the grade 11 requirements from various war supplies (e.g. crystal capacitors).

The jump from previous materials requirements such as grade 10 materials requiring a quantity of 8 to grade 11 requiring a quantity of 160 (a 20X increase) is absurd.

Better still, return this to how it was originally designed with multiple schematics available for each war supply, with one requiring larger amounts of lower grade materials, one requiring average amounts of medium grade materials, and one requiting smaller amounts of high grade materials.

Other thoughts mostly echoing other posters....

Specifics regarding mission success and failure rates, along with the specific effects of the +success amplifiers, needs to be disclosed.

Specifics regarding mission / crafting crit rates, along with the effects of the +crit amplifiers, needs to be disclosed.

All grade 11 missions should provide green (premium) materials in ratios similar to crafting requirements, with more returned as the level of mission increases (e.g. moderate < abundant < bountiful < rich < wealthy), as well as on a critical success.

The addition of green materials and re-balancing of ratios should NOT result in blue and purple materials becoming substantially more rare than they are today.

Jawa junk needs a total rework (reduce costs by a factor of 10) as it is mostly pointless and just clutters up inventory (one full stack of junk - 9999 - doesn't even cover the price of 50 g11 materials, which even after the changes aren't enough to craft much of anything).

Nmyownworld
11.15.2019 , 10:08 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The materials required for “material combination” schematics was too high. We are making the following changes:
  • Premium and Prototype material requirements have been reduced to 6 each (down from 10).
  • Artifact material requirements have been reduced to 12 each (down from 15).
  • The requirements to convert Premium combination materials to Prototype has been reduced to 2 (down from 3).
I can't speak to crafting 6.0 items requiring Artifact mats because 6.0 crafting has been such a mess I have yet to pursue that with all of my crafters. I think requiring 6 instead of 10 Premium and Prototype mat requirements is a step in the right direction, but still high. Especially when tied with Jawa junk, if each piece of grade 11 mat purchased with Jawa junk still costs 200 pieces of Jawa junk for one piece of grade 11 material.
Getting crafting schematics when deconstructing gear was too hard with too low of a chance:
  • Broadly increased the chance to earn crafting schematics from deconstructing.
  • Sort of related, we are making a pass to ensure that deconstruction is giving the correct professions materials. Raise any specifics you have where this isn’t the case.
"Broadly" is a pretty vague description. But, yes, the chance of getting crafting schematics from deconstructing is currently far too low. And, deconstructing a crafted item and then randomly getting grade 11 mats never used to make the item has been ... strange. I really don't need or want Underworld Trading grade 11 cloth dropping when I deconstruct an Armstech assembly component.
Too high of a requirement for Matrixes when crafting:
  • The Matrix material requirement has been removed from all schematics below Artifact quality.
Are Processed Isotopes considered Matrixes? If so, yes please remove the need for them in below Artifact quality items! If Processed Isotopes are not considered Matrixes, then please remove the need for them in below Artifact quality items.

If the tone of my post seems grumpy, well ... that's an accurate assessment. However, I do appreciate that you all are reading what's said about 6.0 crafting, and making some changes now instead of far down the road. Please keep listening, and implementing changes sooner, rather than later.