Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chapter/Story Order/Timeline?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Chapter/Story Order/Timeline?

LukeTheGeek
08.04.2016 , 06:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaiddyn View Post
In no rush on my Smuggler here. I've done the "core" for Rep on my Knight and I'm working on the "core" for Imp side on my SI.

I'm doing it slow on my Smuggler to get all the side-stuff done. And yep, got my Exploration quests enabled.

Very helpful information though! Thank you!
He too, full on Atton Rand RP, the only class with a non one path story and lore

Walkerlang
08.04.2016 , 09:30 AM | #12
First off, this thread is awesome, and has answers alot of the questions I've had since starting back with the DvL event.

My question is what events could I skip in the timeline for sole DvL completion. Also, must everything post- main story quest be done in order?

Thanks

MACharlieV
08.04.2016 , 09:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Walkerlang View Post
First off, this thread is awesome, and has answers alot of the questions I've had since starting back with the DvL event.

My question is what events could I skip in the timeline for sole DvL completion. Also, must everything post- main story quest be done in order?

Thanks
Post main story, you'll only have to worry about SOR, Ziost and KOtFE. So because SOR and Ziost are unavailable after starting KOTFE, yes. You have to do those three in order.

You don't even have to do the main storyline. Just get your character up to level 60-65 to start Forged Alliance on the fleet. Everything else are flashpoints and can be done at any point.

Strazzen
05.29.2018 , 02:43 AM | #14
Ok,

This is nice , and I'm glad for all the replies that spell out the exact order of things . What I truly want to know is , what are the actual 'Galactic Years ; I.E. - is it 3861 B.B.Y. for Knights of the Fallen , or 3911 B.B.Y. ??
I want to know j=not just the order of the SW:TOR chapters , I'd like to know what Galactic Years they occur in as well so that I can make my Role Play , my characters Back Stories just a little bit better and more believable . If anyone can help with this then I would be most grateful .

Thanks so much for any who have Info. I do appreciate it.

The Sir Strazzen
"The only thing that has ever mattered in Battle & War is
'The W' . Winning is not everything , it is the only thing. "
http://www.swtor.com/r/dyZ5v8<--Click for Referral Free Stuff

SteveTheCynic
05.29.2018 , 02:57 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Strazzen View Post
Ok,

This is nice , and I'm glad for all the replies that spell out the exact order of things . What I truly want to know is , what are the actual 'Galactic Years ; I.E. - is it 3861 B.B.Y. for Knights of the Fallen , or 3911 B.B.Y. ??
I want to know j=not just the order of the SW:TOR chapters , I'd like to know what Galactic Years they occur in as well so that I can make my Role Play , my characters Back Stories just a little bit better and more believable . If anyone can help with this then I would be most grateful .

Thanks so much for any who have Info. I do appreciate it.

The Sir Strazzen
Wookieepedia says that the class stories start in 3643 BBY, so KotFE Chapter I begins about 5 years later, 3638 BBY, and KotFE Chapter III begins five years after that, 3633 BBY.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/3643_BBY
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Goreshaga
05.29.2018 , 03:39 AM | #16
Yeah what we get from Wookiepedia is that the game starts in 3643 BBY.
Which would give (if i'm not mistaken somewhere) :
- 3643 BBY = prolog + chapter 1 of the class stories + the Lost Suns comic book
- 3642 BBY = chapter 2
- 3641 BBY = chapter 3 + Ilum
- 3640 BBY = events from the Annihilation novel
- 3639 BBY = Makeb + Oricon
- 3638 BBY = Forged Alliances + SoR
- 3637 BBY = Ziost + KOTFE Chapter 1

- 3632 BBY = KOTFE Chapter 2

There's one thing i'd like to know though : that is the exact timeline between the events of the different class stories.
We know that the SW goes to Voss before the JK for example, or that the BH is probably the 1 of the 8 characters to arrive on Corelia.

Kiesu
05.29.2018 , 04:09 AM | #17
The actual years in the timeline are a little fishy and different sources seem to have different opinions on what happened and when in SWTOR. We should really get an official statement on these rather than having to rely on a bunch of community made calculations most wikis and community sites are displaying. So take all the "dates" with a grain of salt and just assume they happened somewhere around the stated year, take or give a few.

TORcommunity has the most detailed date calculations if you wish to look at them more closely.

A lot of the time I feel like big operations like the first 3 class chapters happen way too fast, taken all the space-travel and planet travel and "breaks" in between the chapters. Wars and operations take a long time to plan out and coordinate but our superhuman player characters always seem to have everything planned and done for in like a month if not even weeks upon arriving on a planet.
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

taxidermis
05.29.2018 , 04:35 AM | #18
With the last patch the story intros to bh and section x were also re added !!
check out my youtube for SWTOR content @Swtor-Nerd Gaming!
Click for 7 day sub and more! link
Swtor-Nerd's Facebook or Twitter!

Nee-Elder
11.14.2019 , 10:28 PM | #19
So i think i did something very stupid ...

On my ALT toon i haven't played in months, i had 'Rise of the Hutt Cartel' as technically my next purple-quest in-order to do , but for some odd reason ( i can't remember why ) i started KOTFE and now i'm in the midst of 'Chapter 5' of KOTFE .... but yet i still see the purple 'Rise of the Hutt Cartel' mission waiting in my log.

Which means, i presume , i just basically have to finish KOTFE and KOTET before even trying 'Rise of the Hutt Cartel' ? Or , i'm wondering, once i finish KOTET , will the game even allow me to start 'Rise of the Hutt Cartel' ?

hmm.... Any thoughts from those who might've had the same type of out-of-order (accidental) problem?
Never tell me the odds!