What a joke!

themasterofevil

So, i've been playing extensively my Sentinel since 3.0 came out. I find that PvE content is very easy and simple and my watchman sent has great damage and such.

But then PvP happened... And, Im a HUGE pvp'er. I have around 17 toons and all of them pvp except 1.

In case none of you know, this is what happens when a level 59 sentinel jumps at a sorc that is the same level or lower: (me) - Jump (Sorc) - insta-stun

(me) - starts rotation (Sorc) - Knockback, Rooted (Me) - Uses transcendence for root cleanse...

But usually by this point im at 20% HP or less and that's pretty much 5 seconds of pvp combat Vs. Any class in the game. Pt's just stun and if they're AP they burst you down to 0% in less than 5 GCD's along with assassins.

Not to mention that most DPS sorcs in pvp take bubble stun and electric bindings. So basically, they're invunerable.

Sentinel survivability is such a joke right now. My sage who has ZERO pvp gear survives longer than my sentinel that has full 55 pvp gear in mid tier bracket... That tells me something. I join a pvp match and within the first 3 minutes, i already know if i can play or not, because before i even start playing im dead and respawning.

All Sentinel got for a buff in 3.0.1 was a slightly increased damage on twin saber throw. Because you know, that will help us???

Anyways, i want to hear what you guys have to say and possibly we should come up with some utilities and/or abilities to help us! And really, this L2P your class crap is really sad, because i know how to play my sentinel, but if im always stunlocked and knocked back and all that jazz, how CAN i even play when that happens and i die in less than 4 seconds?

Seriously you leap on a sorc? :eek:

If you really do leap at least pop a DCD before landing.

Sentinels are in a good shape they only need a little more mobility to be ok.

Both damage and dcd are good it's the lack of some sort of short immunity to 30000 sorc/assasins roots/cc that's missing.

There is too much rooting, with us loosing our root throw and our below 35% throw is now increased to 10 secs (not hug but annoying for carnage/combat) just feels like kiting mar/sent is too easy, i say do something drastic like have force camo include root breaker & immunity then lower it to 25 sec cooldown, so instead of an escape it is something to catch up.

There is too much rooting, with us loosing our root throw and our below 35% throw is now increased to 10 secs (not hug but annoying for carnage/combat) just feels like kiting mar/sent is too easy, i say do something drastic like have force camo include root breaker & immunity then lower it to 25 sec cooldown, so instead of an escape it is something to catch up.

Camo already breaks roots without expunging camo. Or at least, mine does. I popped it after being rooted by a sniper and was instantly unrooted and i dont even have the expunging camo utility because it's pretty useless imo. But they just need to buff sents and maras because it's completely stupid how in 4-5 GCDs any class can completely kill you.

Hell, my sage lasts longer than my sent and my sent has full 55 pvp gear from pre-3.0 and my sage has old 186/180 armor. It's really sad :/

Camo already breaks roots without expunging camo. Or at least, mine does. I popped it after being rooted by a sniper and was instantly unrooted and i dont even have the expunging camo utility because it's pretty useless imo. But they just need to buff sents and maras because it's completely stupid how in 4-5 GCDs any class can completely kill you.

Hell, my sage lasts longer than my sent and my sent has full 55 pvp gear from pre-3.0 and my sage has old 186/180 armor. It's really sad :/

You probably had a DoT or were hit by an AoE which removed the root, since all sniper roots break upon damage (as far as I know, been ages since I played mine.) As far as Expunging Camo goes; I've never had it work as intended. Lost count of how many times I get rooted by a sorc, pop it and just sit there rooted and invisible..

You most likely had the Fleetfooted utility (which makes Trans/Pred break roots). There's a known bug where that utility also causes Force Camo to break roots even though it shouldn't. Meanwhile, Expunging Camo is bugged the other way and fails to remove roots (or even PvE dots). Expunging Camo does still work on some very specific things such as Diversion, but it's practically useless until BW fixes it (and even after they fix it, it'll still arguably be useless for PvP).

In case you're interested, there's more details on it here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=780334

You most likely had the Fleetfooted utility (which makes Trans/Pred break roots). There's a known bug where that utility also causes Force Camo to break roots even though it shouldn't. Meanwhile, Expunging Camo is bugged the other way and fails to remove roots (or even PvE dots). Expunging Camo does still work on some very specific things such as Diversion, but it's practically useless until BW fixes it (and even after they fix it, it'll still arguably be useless for PvP).

In case you're interested, there's more details on it here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=780334

Ah makes more sense, as i do have fleetfooted :). But yea, this class needs a buff :/ to match other classes

Also to add on, so many people are playing sorc and assassin its so funny.

Just was in a game where whenever i would attack anything i was immediately stunned or knocked back and instantly killed.

80% i am alone in Wz only maruader around lol

Prime your skills and struggle vs the windmills, until the time either sorcs are nerfed or maras are buffed.Then you will be a pvp god.

Never leave a class just cus it's not fotm. That's the gosu moto.

Edited by Kaedusz

So, i've been playing extensively my Sentinel since 3.0 came out. I find that PvE content is very easy and simple and my watchman sent has great damage and such.

But then PvP happened... And, Im a HUGE pvp'er. I have around 17 toons and all of them pvp except 1.

In case none of you know, this is what happens when a level 59 sentinel jumps at a sorc that is the same level or lower: (me) - Jump (Sorc) - insta-stun

(me) - starts rotation (Sorc) - Knockback, Rooted (Me) - Uses transcendence for root cleanse...

But usually by this point im at 20% HP or less and that's pretty much 5 seconds of pvp combat Vs. Any class in the game. Pt's just stun and if they're AP they burst you down to 0% in less than 5 GCD's along with assassins.

Not to mention that most DPS sorcs in pvp take bubble stun and electric bindings. So basically, they're invunerable.

Sentinel survivability is such a joke right now. My sage who has ZERO pvp gear survives longer than my sentinel that has full 55 pvp gear in mid tier bracket... That tells me something. I join a pvp match and within the first 3 minutes, i already know if i can play or not, because before i even start playing im dead and respawning.

All Sentinel got for a buff in 3.0.1 was a slightly increased damage on twin saber throw. Because you know, that will help us???

Anyways, i want to hear what you guys have to say and possibly we should come up with some utilities and/or abilities to help us! And really, this L2P your class crap is really sad, because i know how to play my sentinel, but if im always stunlocked and knocked back and all that jazz, how CAN i even play when that happens and i die in less than 4 seconds?

Sentinels are strong, my friend. I remember when the game came out and everyone and his mom was suggesting that it was useless to play the class. When I got to 50 all I could read about was how strong Watchman was and how it owned in--Nerf I can adjust. I will just move on to Combat. It is strong and the class itself still has positive synergy with healers--Nerf Well, there's Focus at least and it is ridiculous in arenas--Nerf. Well, Combat is still strong I will just--Nerf Shadow of Revan is coming out so--Nerf

But I--Nerf

just--Nerf

Nerf

Nerf

Nerf

.../sigh...

Sentinels are strong, my friend. I remember when the game came out and everyone and his mom was suggesting that it was useless to play the class. When I got to 50 all I could read about was how strong Watchman was and how it owned in--Nerf I can adjust. I will just move on to Combat. It is strong and the class itself still has positive synergy with healers--Nerf Well, there's Focus at least and it is ridiculous in arenas--Nerf. Well, Combat is still strong I will just--Nerf Shadow of Revan is coming out so--Nerf

But I--Nerf

just--Nerf

Nerf

Nerf

Nerf

.../sigh...

Ikr. I know that sentinels are still strong because if someone ignores me and just allows me to beat on em, i can take them down really fast. But as soon as i'm targeted, BOOM insta death in 4 gcds.

So yea, its just a matter of survivability issues. And i really think posting on the forums is useless because the devs havent even responded ONCE to any of these threads.. So what does that say about the devs?

Ikr. I know that sentinels are still strong because if someone ignores me and just allows me to beat on em, i can take them down really fast. But as soon as i'm targeted, BOOM insta death in 4 gcds.

So yea, its just a matter of survivability issues. And i really think posting on the forums is useless because the devs havent even responded ONCE to any of these threads.. So what does that say about the devs?

Actually, the whole thing was meant to be sardonic.

I agree with you. It tells me that the developers are either working furiously on it and won't respond until they have an answer, or that they simply don't care.

I am sure Sentinels will not remain like this forever. Nerfs THIS egregious are somewhat positive in that eventually the horrible decisions must be reversed--hopefully soon.

The oenophiles on the Scoundrel/Operative forums were always on about this or that, but at least they had a class that crushed 1v1 (except Shadows/Assassins). Shadows/Assassins would complain about their right tree, but at least they had two solid trees to work with. Sentinels/Marauders right now have only the Concentration discipline and that is done better in Guardians and Juggernauts.

Actually, the whole thing was meant to be sardonic.

I agree with you. It tells me that the developers are either working furiously on it and won't respond until they have an answer, or that they simply don't care.

I am sure Sentinels will not remain like this forever. Nerfs THIS egregious are somewhat positive in that eventually the horrible decisions must be reversed--hopefully soon.

The oenophiles on the Scoundrel/Operative forums were always on about this or that, but at least they had a class that crushed 1v1 (except Shadows/Assassins). Shadows/Assassins would complain about their right tree, but at least they had two solid trees to work with. Sentinels/Marauders right now have only the Concentration discipline and that is done better in Guardians and Juggernauts.

Yea but even in concentration you still die extremely fast. Using fleetfooted with concentrated slice gives you 20%-25% defense chance. Now, that's on par with AP PT's but its still useless :/

So true. I try to play my sentinel and he only works if i have a pocket healer :/

I have had a couple of matches with a healer and a tank and I really enjoy it. I actually pull off a whole rotation and can pop predation a few times. This is the problem though, we shouldn't need an extra 2 players to make us decent class to play, we should atleast be decent then made better by team players.

Edited by Zadtro
Typo