The Current Solo Queue Bug...Am I considered a cheater now?

JerevFalar

why is it lame on his part. For bioware yes it is very lame for this to happen. For him its no different then any of the other L2P pugs who camp at a turret and farm defender medals.

Let's play fair, here. PUGers call out incs in a timely manner! Always!

Let's play fair, here. PUGers call out incs in a timely manner! Always!

lol the hell they do, they dont even respond to them. Was in a voidstar today. I was solo guarding west with my Sage, I get attacked by a sniper so I start to call inc west when I see stealther pop out to cap. so I hit him with project finish typing inc west 2 hit enter. then another stealther pops out so I type now 3 hit enter. A little latter I die get lucky when respawn door is open. I run out break up cap attempt, die a 2nd time (this time there was 4 of them) I sit their dead watching them cap and not one person from my team had responded to my inc call (and I died twice) They were too busy getting their stat on 7 vs 4

Edited by Ssfbistimg

The bug is a little complicated. Basically you queue for solo and enter Novare Coast. You get an ops frame with 9 nameplates all containing numerical mumbo jumbo where people's names should be. However, you are in the WZ by yourself, and are free to cap every objective, and, if you are a healer like me, do some self-heals for 3 extra medals, un-hindered by any enemies.

Even when you exit you retain the ops group, and it takes a combination of loggin in and out, exiting the game, and luck to leave it. Usually you are thrown right back into the same situation. Luckily, I am now free of the bug, but I think Bioware will patch it soon (Hopefully not adding even more bugs to the mix.)

I haven't seen this yet outside of a video post, but I would say no.

It's obvious BW has said nothing about this and hasn't fixed it as an exploit so go for it. Honestly, you'd have to ban me to keep me out of these warzones. My time is limited and if I wait in queue for a wz to pop and this broken **** happens, I am NOT coming out and re-queuing to waste more time.

If it's broken they should fix it, but players should not be expected to waste more time because devs are too slow for fixes.

Depends on your definition. In the eyes of bioware specifically.... I don't think they'll have any way to levy any kind of action against those that participated. Frankly that would involve punitive action against such a huge swath of the playerbase that it would make no financial sense.

In the eyes of the playerbase I think you ask 10 people you'll get just as many different opinions from "you aren't affecting anyone else so why not?" and "they screwed up, you are just taking advantage of what is Bio's fault" to a more grey "it's a bit cheeseball but not really cheating" to the "yes you are getting free comms (or weekly credit) for essentially afking".

So at the end of the day I'd say you are entirely unlikely to be punished in any manner for it, but you'll have to decide for yourself if you deem it unfair or not.

By entering Novare Coast solo and farming the comms from it, am I considered a cheater? It is literally the only way to gain comms for me now, and I would have been doing these games anyway. Thoughts?

No it isn't cheating. It's Biowares way to shorten the PvP queue times and lessen the premade QQ. On a serious note I do suspect that you are causing backfill issues on another wz ops. Since the game probably thinks you are a part of another ops. That would explain why I had games with 5-7 players the entire warzone the past weekend.

Edited by Theodulus

And bug reports about these stayed unanswered, while they let this problem resolve itself every restart, only for it to pop up again in random servers.

And no, Bioware gets your toon bugged so that you can't even turn in your pvp daily or group for other types group content, and killed off a lot of pvp warzones in those servers. They should FIX the problem rather than look for players to punish.

Edited by forumname

Its clearly a shady method to get comms. You prolly dont want to advertise that you are doing it. Its basically a double comms exploit. You get 140 free comms in 8 mins instead of earning the same amount in 10-20 mins.

Yes I tried it once when I found myself in that situation, but I decided I'd rather do other things. They do need to fix that asap tho.

I'm confused. What's the bug? Are you queuing solo and then entering a novarre with no one in it, then capping all three turrets and sitting getting defender medals till you win in under 8 minutes?

OP is confusing.

Yes that's what he is doing... And it's an exploit... So yes it's considered cheating.

Plenty of websites explain how to use this exploit.

But it matters not, BW doesn't give a **** anyways...

To the OP: Yes it's cheating... but I don't give a ****... nor does Biowizard.

Yes that's what he is doing... And it's an exploit... So yes it's considered cheating.

Plenty of websites explain how to use this exploit.

But it matters not, BW doesn't give a **** anyways...

To the OP: Yes it's cheating... but I don't give a ****... nor does Biowizard.

You might be thinking of some other bug, I don't know.

It isn't correct to call it an exploit because the players don't trigger the bug by themselves although saying they are "exploiting" may be correct when they take advantage of the situation.

However, the toon is bugged no matter if they exploit the situation or not.