New lvl 60 crew skill issue

Shivalyn

So maybe someone knows the issue here,

I created a new lvl 60 and noticed that my crew skills were already picked for me. No where in the creation of the character did it say ( u have 3 skills to pick from what would you like to choose), instead I get synth weaving... bug or intended ? My problem with this is I already have a maxed out synth don't need two.... So I removed the underworld trading skill and tried to train another to see if it would be at 500... haha nope starts at lvl 1. I put a ticket in to CS and asked them to revert my Underworld trading back to 500, or gee give me the option to pick the 3 skills that I could use, not pick them for me. Anyone else run into this that has made a new lvl 60?

AFAIK with an instant 60, 3 crewskills are pre-determined depending on your class.

That's one of the downsides for skipping 60 levels, I guess.

But there's a cancel crewskill option if you want to change them for something else, but you'll have to level them from zero.

I think this was covered in the patch-notes and in the Crewskills forum section. I expect there'll be a look-up table at some point in the next few days.

It would appear that insta-60s are going to be on the Cartel Market, so if you have the cash, & slots you can pay for enough characters to cover all skills.

OTOH if you have a pre-made level 60 you can easily do end-game content to pay for any materials that you're lacking.

Hope this answers your Q.