Lack of Skill is Appalling

Choppaman

This game attracts (and rewards) horrifically bad players:

The melee who open with charge.

The ranged who just stand there and spam one button.

The players who don't interrupt ANYTHING.

The inflated population of the Empire because it is the cool thing to do because it's evil.

The complete lack of focus and team work.

And worst of all, they are granted access to the top level of gear. Are they good players? Absolutely not. But they will stomp your face in PvP because gear trumps skill in this game.

So where did Bioware go wrong? Was it by creating a faction that no introverted and angsty teenage boy could resist? Was it by failing hard and creating a PvP stat (resolviliexpertise) because of the attempt to copy WoW?

Or was it a combination of both? It seems that these are the questions that plague us all at this moment, and an answer couldn't seem to be any further from our grasp...

My favorite are the mercenaries who, after I go through my whole knockdown deal, stand up and use no cc, no defensive cooldowns, just start trying to missile me from melee range, or the sorcerers who run around without their shields on and stand there doing absolutely nothing when you interrupt their lightning.

Something tells me these are the same people who come to the forums in droves crying about how X class killed them in PvP so it must be overpowered.

Kinda late for you to be up

Oh wow. Snappy comeback there man. Absolutely on topic. You have no clue about PVP the abberations you posted reflect the perspective of a guy who turns assumptions into facts. Let's face it. This isn't about PVP, this is more republic whining about Imperials.

Yes, we get it, the factions are imbalanced. Now stop posting.

Edited by Bullsith

Opening up with charge is actually necessary to build up rage quickly. Nothing worse then having to spam assault to build up rage while ur opponent is bashing your head in with their high dmg abilities. With charge + battering assault I have enuf rage to do my usual rotation on someone, choke, then battering assault is off CD so i can start again. Without charge I find myself spamming slash which ruins my dps and often gets me killed.

Only exception is huttball, that warzone is so ridiculous with the knockbacks that u need to gimp ur dps abit by holding off on charge just to stay in the fight. I also save my charge when im the ball carrier to leap up to the end zone area when someone is up there range attacking me from the edge lol.

My point to the OP is, just cause someone opens up with charge that doesn't make them a bad player, its situational.

Edited by Paralassa
content

It's funny that you are trying to pretend to know about wow, when you probably started in wotlk.

It was possible to get gladiator on emberstorm at 1800 in BC.

But you wouldn't know that.

lol that's definitely not true unless it was season 3 when 50 million teams were made.

Oh wow. Snappy comeback there man. Absolutely on topic. You have no clue about PVP the abberations you posted reflect the perspective of a guy who turns assumptions into facts. Let's face it. This isn't about PVP, this is more republic whining about Imperials.

Yes, we get it, the factions are imbalanced. Now stop posting.

Been busy on thesaurus.com?

And you aren't assuming things? Like I have no clue about PvP, for instance?

lol that's definitely not true unless it was season 3 when 50 million teams were made.

Yeah, it is. I played on stormstrike and certain players transferred to emberstorm, got glad at low ratings, and came back to stormstrike trying to flaunt.

Been busy on thesaurus.com?

And you aren't assuming things? Like I have no clue about PvP, for instance?

Thanks to your post, I know you don't have a clue about PVP. And like I said, it's not about PVP. It's more boo-hoo about imps otnumbering the republic.

Nope, as the idiot a few posts back said, that was the starting team rating long before your time.

ok you're retarded.

The battlegroup merger happened less than a year ago unless you were talking about the formation of battle groups you're obviously full of **** and never did anything in arenas in the 1st place.

ok you're retarded.

The battlegroup merger happened less than a year ago unless you were talking about the formation of battle groups you're obviously full of **** and never did anything in arenas in the 1st place.

Man...you really don't know what you are talking about. How long have you been playing? Two years at most?

Yeah, it is. I played on stormstrike and certain players transferred to emberstorm, got glad at low ratings, and came back to stormstrike trying to flaunt.

See you're just repeating some ******** rumors. There was never an 1800 glad .

The only wow character i still have is named Discontinue on Illidan, i never got glad but you can see my 2200+ achievs...what's your characters name.

So you're assuming things

Not like you can assume much from a stupid post, other than it's stupid and that's not an assumption.

But sure, keep it up, they might brand you a troll eventuall, which is not as bad as being braded a scrub, I suppose.

This game attracts (and rewards) horrifically bad players:

The melee who open with charge.

The ranged who just stand there and spam one button.

The players who don't interrupt ANYTHING.

The inflated population of the Empire because it is the cool thing to do because it's evil.

The complete lack of focus and team work.

And worst of all, they are granted access to the top level of gear. Are they good players? Absolutely not. But they will stomp your face in PvP because gear trumps skill in this game.

So where did Bioware go wrong? Was it by creating a faction that no introverted and angsty teenage boy could resist? Was it by failing hard and creating a PvP stat (resolviliexpertise) because of the attempt to copy WoW?

Or was it a combination of both? It seems that these are the questions that plague us all at this moment, and an answer couldn't seem to be any further from our grasp...

Wait what? Since when was opening with charge a bad thing? Explain that to me. Honestly.

A lot of ranged classes in this game only NEED to spam one button (See Tracer Missle or just spamming lightning jolt and force lightning constantly at range) but I can see your point here.

I can see your point on the interrupts. I play a melee class (vanguard) so I do not see people interrupting me ever, but I also usually see me being the only one attacking/interrupting the damned healers.

As far as Empire population goes, I agree with you as well, but to be fair to the Empire people, their **** IS cooler. I play Republic. UNLIMITED POWAAAAH > Celibate monks Only reason I do (And still do) is because Troopers are still damn awesome. If they had some sort of trooper equivalent that was not a Bounty Hunter on the Empire side I'd be over there. Dunno why, I just like the whole 'Republic Commando' theme thing. (I play Vanguard though, cause Rifles are best.)

Since when was lack of teamwork and focus a Star Wars or any one specific game thing? I can log onto WoW and basically anything shy of an organized high-end raid and / or PVP thing is going to lack teamwork and focus, and this goes for ANY MMO. Yes. ANY of them. That's an issue with people, not the game.

To address the end of your post: **** Expertise, and **** you Bioware PVP designers for putting it in. Why would you betray us like that? I GAVE YOU MY MONEY WITHOUT CHECKING THE GAME FIRST, THAT IS HOW MUCH I TRUSTED YOU. WHY EXPERTISE?

On the off hand though, I actually still rather enjoy PvP. Even having very little in the way of Expertise at 50. =/

EDIT: In before pro-Expertise horrible arguments. JUST MAKE PVP GEAR = TO PVE GEAR IN STATS. Then we can all play the game our way and end up equivalent in gear. PVP stats are IRRELEVANT. I am pretty sure all the real PVPers are grownup enough that they don't need a stat to make them better than raiders.

Edited by NomineImperator