Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?

Dawginole

Was it so we wouldn't bail for 6 months so you could continue to use subscription dollars to finance building up your cartel market and F2P system?

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge.

That couldn't have been written any more clearly. All additions to the game, even after the implementation of F2P, would remain free to subscribers. This was written to subscribers to belay our fears in the transition. It was done so to maintain our trust. Your 2.1 update is in violation of this guarantee and you have violated the trust established between you and your subscribers when you decided to move to F2P.

p.s. Guess who met Eric Musco at the Dallas meet? This guy. And he didn't kill me. We had a good talk. Meetings are underway to figure out some ways to make sure subs are feeling the love. They really wanted to drive home that F2P is all about vanity and that you will never ever be able to "buy power" from the CM. And I was guaranteed that something like the ship parts fiasco will never happen again. I'm still bothered by the fact that the barber shop is an in game feature and not really used through the cartel market, but is rather an in game station that accepts Cartel Coins. But its implementation may have simply been easier that way that putting it directly in the CM.

The post did its job. We got their attention and renewed their drive to support subs and make sure power and content stays off the CM. I think we can all take a chill pill for a bit at this point.

Edited by Dawginole

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 months ago I told my mom I was planning on going to school to get an MBA. Now I changed my mind and don't think its worth the money. Does that make me a liar?

yes. According to the OP you should be crucified.

6 months ago I told my mom I was planning on going to school to get an MBA. Now I changed my mind and don't think its worth the money. Does that make me a liar?

When you manage a professional business and open a direct communication channel to paying customers and lie it tends to destroy your credibility. Your comparison is garbage but I wouldn't expect some dweeb living on your mothers *** to know any better.

Was it so we wouldn't bail for 6 months so you could continue to use subscription dollars to finance building up your cartel market and F2P system?

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

That couldn't have been written any more clearly. All additions to the game, even after the implementation of F2P, would remain free to subscribers. This was written to subscribers to belay our fears in the transition. It was done so to maintain our trust. Your 2.1 update is in violation of this guarantee and you have violated the trust established between you and your subscribers when you decided to move to F2P.

On another note, I like how you asked and answered your own question in the same post. It's almost as if you never intended to get an answer from Bioware but intentionally posted as that as a way to have a tantrum about life not being fair. oh....wait.... :rolleyes:

When you manage a professional business and open a direct communication channel to paying customers and lie it tends to destroy your credibility. Your comparison is garbage but I wouldn't expect some dweeb living on your mothers *** to know any better.

So, you are just angry and now you are attacking me as well as Bioware, but you really have no argument to make because deep down you know you are wrong.

Yep its okay for them to play bait and switch and lie etc.. we will just call it "changing their minds"

yes. According to the OP you should be crucified.

Your cell phone provider sells you a phone, you sign a contract. Cell phone provider tells you all future updates are free, update comes out and costs you money.

Would you not care? If so, you're an idiot.

It's much different than some twerp telling mommy he is going to school.

Edited by DesmoLegacy

Your cell phone provider sells you a phone, you sign a contract. Cell phone provider tells you all future updates are free, update comes out and costs you money.

Hey he believes it ok for BioWare to do that along with everyone else defending their lies, so why not

It's much different than some twerp telling mommy he is going to school.

There was no contract in this case.

But keep the personal attacks coming, it is really helping you make your point.

yeah no... cellphones have evolved into somewhat of a necessity. they are not merely a platform of entertainment. things were supposed to be one way, now they're another. it's how life works and if you can't understand that, you're an idiot.

Hey he believes it ok for BioWare to do that along with everyone else defending their lies, so why not

Most of them do, just look at how many are advocating it. leave them to it i say. What does it matter if you cant trust a word they say, its all good right... right ?

Edited by Shingara

Harsh but so true.

Having a change in plans is not a bait and switch.

Ya I know when they say something and change it regardless of how much they promote or promise it will always just be a "change in plans" I already know your script.

Edited by hobrogaming

There was no contract in this case.

But keep the personal attacks coming, it is really helping you make your point.

You maintain your subscription based on information they tell you. (example: free updates for subscribers)

Do you even comprehend what you read?

Most of them do, just look at how many are advocating it. leave them to it i say.

i never said it was okay. i have no stake in the CM so I don't personally care. Yeah I thinks it's a raw deal they're feeding the people who indulge in the CM but they keep choosing to use it so why shouldn't bioware take advantage of them? "Live like a guppy, get eaten by a shark."

I just invented that.

So, you are just angry and now you are attacking me as well as Bioware, but you really have no argument to make because deep down you know you are wrong.

I think he already made his argument. You compared running a business with a million customers to making a promise to your mommy...lol. You need a reality check.