Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.3 Was about PvP Balance at the expense of PvE Balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Was about PvP Balance at the expense of PvE Balance

kevlarto's Avatar


kevlarto
06.06.2012 , 05:50 PM | #11
Well I have found if something is op in either pvp or pve ir effects the other, so if somethng is a skill that can be used in both pve and pvp if it is over powered it will be over powered in pve, seems to go with out saying.. /shrug
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

Lt_Latency's Avatar


Lt_Latency
06.06.2012 , 06:08 PM | #12
It's because it's so much easier to balance PVE.

Can everyone do the same amount of damage over time and have unquie abilites that are useful. There your done PvE is pretty much balannced. It's easy because the players are supose to win and the CPU is supose to lose.


PvP is harder because 1/2 the players have to lose.

If you changed PvE so only the faster 1/2 of the raiders got the best rewards you would see more tears there as well about balance

NDiggy's Avatar


NDiggy
06.06.2012 , 06:30 PM | #13
If 1.3 was about PvP balance they'd have done something to buff DPS Commandos to be something more than a free kill.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

lokivoid's Avatar


lokivoid
06.13.2012 , 04:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Typeslice View Post
Why do people insist on knocking things until they've played through the changes? Are you a shadow tank? I feel most people complaining about the shadow nerf are not shadow tanks. I spoke to our MT (shadow!) and he is not concerned - was actually stoked for the threat increase. My suggestion is that people reign in the hate until the changes have played out on PTS for more than a couple of hours. Sage healers turned out OK didn't they???
Ok, i have a Jugg, PT and Assassin all at lv50 (infact i have played all but the sniper to max level) though the three mentioned are geared in rekata and up, I can tell you from experience in PVE tankasins are subpar across the board when it comes to mitigation, parsed data also shows this.

Shield mitigation questionable, as its a percentile chance (around 40 to 50% if you stacked shield chance, set bonus, and dark ward) for around 40% DR on a NON-TECH/force attack. If shield chance effected all damage then yes they would be balanced, however this is not the case. Almost all major attacks are Tech/force thus your overall mitigation from shield chance is less than 10% wile with armor DR effects all damage.

I have also stated that the healing from Harness and dark charge is minor at most only rounding to around 220HPS (this does not make up for the differences in mitigation). The only thing the self heals effect is solo queue pvp, the second you throw a backpack healer into the mix, the heavy armor tanks are going to run circles around the sin/shadow.

The only thing Assassin/shadow has going for it is the wither debuff. Nerfing the classes armor is not the way to go about fixing the issue. The two ways to fix the problem would be to 1. nerf or outright remove the healing and buff the armor (not reduce). The second option would be to change how shield mechanics work and allow it to mitigate all damage, however this would require the heavy armor tanks to have the shield chance tweeked aswell.

This is only accounting for Tanking, DPS aspects for Assassin/shadow are a complete joke compared to most other classes.

Jinxblog's Avatar


Jinxblog
06.13.2012 , 04:38 PM | #15
You know how it goes.

Cows go "moo", dogs go "woof", mmo players go "the pvp is unbalanced".

^_^
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

SAEforLife's Avatar


SAEforLife
06.13.2012 , 04:53 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NDiggy View Post
If 1.3 was about PvP balance they'd have done something to buff DPS Commandos to be something more than a free kill.
they absolutely buffed commando's in 5 attacks we can now do over 20k damage... commando is not a spike damager we are a ramp up damage, so if you are a free kill you arent playing the class correct/ should reroll
Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and Im awesome. Im your broIm Broda! -NPH

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
06.13.2012 , 05:01 PM | #17
this is why you cant pvp and pve in the same game unless you completely divide up pvp and pve into specs that act different in each. Wouldn't it be nice if they had a complete pve set of skills that only worked in pve scenarios? that way they could balance for pve without impeding on pvp which could have the same skill names etc but with different values and would only work when in pvp.
I just know that WOW was ruined for me when they started tinkering with balance between pve and pvp and screwed the entire system up.

lokivoid's Avatar


lokivoid
06.13.2012 , 06:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
this is why you cant pvp and pve in the same game unless you completely divide up pvp and pve into specs that act different in each. Wouldn't it be nice if they had a complete pve set of skills that only worked in pve scenarios? that way they could balance for pve without impeding on pvp which could have the same skill names etc but with different values and would only work when in pvp.
I just know that WOW was ruined for me when they started tinkering with balance between pve and pvp and screwed the entire system up.
or take the unlazy route of giving everything duel effects, and stat caps in pvp. This way abilities can be balanced and tweek in pvp without effect pve.

Rogoo's Avatar


Rogoo
06.13.2012 , 06:07 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
I propose that 1.3 Was about PvP Balance at the expense of PvE Balance.
There is no such term as a "PvE balance". Simple as that.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

CrunkShizzle's Avatar


CrunkShizzle
06.13.2012 , 06:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jederix View Post
PvP in this game has the very same problem it has in every other game with PvP.

PvPers.
pvers whine about as much as pvpers

"i want my loot,lets argue like children over this colored drop from this boss"