Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 to fix tha game? Nope.

Angel_of_Cain
05.28.2012 , 05:03 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kriegheld View Post
I heard Ranked Warzones will be in 1.2
This made me laugh...
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
The community itself ended any chance at open world pvp by rolling imperial in mass.

Lochhi
05.28.2012 , 05:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by lbdave View Post
I'm just chiming in for a +1 here.

This game is dead. Maybe not completely dead, but at least on life support. The ONLY thing that is going to potentially fix it at this point is to merge realms together. There are a whole 21 people on my server in the Spacedock right now. I have a level 50 and I cannot find a group. I have been in two guilds at this point and both have withered away because there is nothing to keep players engaged. The endgame content is not enough to keep people around it seems. I am leveling an alt, but what is the point? Once they hit 50 there will be nothing to do.

If 1.3 does not introduce free character transfers so that we can move onto active servers, I am canceling my subscription. There is no point in paying $15 a month to log onto a dead server.
Forget new content. Forget lowbie content. Figure out how to handle the technical challenges of merging servers. Build the community up. 21 people on a holiday weekend is terrible.
I completely agree with Dave. My sub expires in mid August and unless I see some MAJOR changes in what is going on, I will not be re-subbing.

I should have known better than to get involved with anything that EA is running.

BurningChick
05.28.2012 , 05:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelAnne View Post
I just dont get it, maybe BW does realise now that changing the game to your desire was wrong. They should had stick with their first design choice, its obvious that people like you are never happy.
What was their first design choice?

To me, it looks an awful lot like the dev team implemented all the main features of an MMO (PvE, PvP, factions, a market, crafting, guilds), but never really went above and beyond "good" for anything beyond voice acting.

What would've kicked PvE beyond "good," for instance, is making it easier to put teams together. It's simply dreadful to try and get a guildie to help you; the travel times make getting some help so annoying few people bother.

The devs bungled teaming. It's really that easy. And, while a dungeon finder might be a kludge, it's based on something already in game (PvP queue) that people use.

FWIW, you can look at the bucket list of gameplay features the devs have delivered and find all sorts of niggling annoyances that keep these features from being "exceptional". And the problem is that this game, SWTOR, does not exist in a vacuum. It has well-established competition competing for your $15 a month, and those games have smoothed out their bumps and hiccups already. MMO gamers no longer pay it forward -- when an MMO is released, it's judged against how well it stacks up on day 1 to games that have been under constant development since their release.

Face it, gamers no longer play their subscription fees under the anticipation that things will get better. 'Cause the things that they're looking for -- PvP with no subscription fees? Robust crafting? Marketeering? Easy teaming? Some game already has them.

The market's changed, dramatically, since SWTOR's development started. But I don't think EA / BioWare really noticed that until recently.

Gradivus
05.28.2012 , 05:21 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BurningChick View Post
[...] MMO gamers no longer pay it forward [...]

Face it, gamers no longer play their subscription fees under the anticipation that things will get better. [...]
I am an MMO gamer and I do both of those things, gladly, infact. I enjoy being a part of a game from the very start and see it evolve, experience all its stages, not just the "done and waiting to slowly die" part.

Daethorz
05.28.2012 , 05:35 PM | #25
SGRAs have been asked for long before LFG or transfers.

I better see, no, I demand that SGRA content be added in 1.3 in preparation for the 1.4 SGRA patch.

Or else........
Sure, aslong as it has a checkbox to enable, disable and starts disabled when you install the game and begin playing.

Also, if you ask the average player would you rather have SGRAs or LFF in 1.3, an Extreamly Vast Majority (Almost Everyone with Minor Exceptions) would say LFF hands down.
Daethz Anoseff The Bastion
Intel i5 3570k ::: Asus P8Z77-V LK ::: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 Mhz ::: Crucial M4 256GB SSD ::: EVGA Superclocked 550ti 1GB ::: Corsair 750w Semi-Modular PSU
My List of Suggestions

kriegheld
05.28.2012 , 05:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Daethorz View Post
Sure, aslong as it has a checkbox to enable, disable and starts disabled when you install the game and begin playing.
Nope. Welcome to 2012.

We already addressed this and decided. We said no, so that is that. End of story. Join us in 2012 or unsub.

Daethorz
05.28.2012 , 05:45 PM | #27
Nope. Welcome to 2012.

We already addressed this and decided. We said no, so that is that. End of story. Join us in 2012 or unsub.
Really, lets have ingame required votes during login.
If people can demand features for getting rid of "Discrimination", then i want all classes to be 100% balanced, same exact damage %, same healing % in all situations otherwise they are discriminating against that class!

These are Important by scale
  1. LFF
  2. Rated Warzones
  3. New FP's, Ops, and Warzones
  4. Swoop Racing Feature
  5. Pazzak & Other Minigame Features
  6. Expansion
Intel i5 3570k ::: Asus P8Z77-V LK ::: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 Mhz ::: Crucial M4 256GB SSD ::: EVGA Superclocked 550ti 1GB ::: Corsair 750w Semi-Modular PSU
My List of Suggestions

Kubernetic
05.28.2012 , 05:45 PM | #28
Another person who thinks the LFG tool is being released before server transfers?

Seriously? LOL
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

kriegheld
05.28.2012 , 05:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Daethorz View Post
Really, lets have ingame required votes during login.
If people can demand features for getting rid of "Discrimination", then i want all classes to be 100% balanced, same exact damage %, same healing % in all situations otherwise they are discriminating against that class!
No. It's done.

Daethorz
05.28.2012 , 05:48 PM | #30
No. It's done.
If indeed it is "done", bioware is spending valuable resources on non-important things not many people will ever nor want to use, and a videogame company is not "required" to add game content to make some people feel better, if they have enough people in a percentage to make a impact, then yes it would be worth doing.
My List of Suggestions