Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 will make or break this game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 will make or break this game

thomasgallant
05.28.2012 , 06:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
What is dead may never die
dont you mean...how can you kill that which is already dead?
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

-Pi-
05.28.2012 , 06:27 AM | #12
Deja vu? Now 1.3 is the Jesus patch? ... Time stil running ... D3 Easy Mode done, ... checks swtor ... still the same .. next level .... see ya.
... and there was him ...

Valperion
05.28.2012 , 06:27 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Saiaku View Post
Can we stop with the "make or break" topics now? They have been out from the start, and swtor is still alive.
You wish.
ii▀▀ V. A. L. ▀▀▀▀ii‾δ‾‾Pך██████████▓▒░Loyal Servant of the Sith Empire░▒▓██████████ị

xandax
05.28.2012 , 06:29 AM | #14
Can we stop with the "make or break" topics now? They have been out from the start, and swtor is still alive.
The game might not be shut down; but for many people - alive is not really the right word to use at the moment.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

Medjay
05.28.2012 , 06:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Games in a lot worse shape than this one still exist or lasted for years. SWTOR isn't going anywhere, don't fool yourself.
Such as....DAOC, Star Trek Online or Lotro?
These games are still there but you know, they kinda suck and not many people play them.
That's why they are f2p, and you buy stuff online with real money.
Certainly not worth being called massively multiplayer online games.

So yeah you are right to a degree, there are games out there that are in a worse shape than SWTOR.
But! They can't go anywhere because they are already as bad as an MMO can possibly get.

Laris_Rai
05.28.2012 , 06:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by thomasgallant View Post
dont you mean...how can you kill that which is already dead?
With obsidian. But I don't have that much faith in the Elder Scrolls MMO.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Medjay
05.28.2012 , 06:34 AM | #17
'Alive' is the wrong word.
I'd use 'survive' in the MMO field.

Lurchy
05.28.2012 , 06:36 AM | #18
Games in a lot worse shape than this one still exist or lasted for years. SWTOR isn't going anywhere, don't fool yourself.
QFT

But that is what a lot of guys are complaining about is'nt it?
Originally Posted by ErisktheRed
my suggestion, the empire creates the death star early and blows up Illum instead of Alderaan. Problem solved.

Altair
05.28.2012 , 06:38 AM | #19
Proably true but the fact that this game is even in this situation is an epic disappointment. You dont spend what is it 5 + years in development and whatever dollar amount developing and not have something as simple as a LFG tool or have a plan/method to offer character transfers at launch. I dont give a damn that WoW didnt have features like this untill it was out several years. The precedent was already there as far as what MMO to strive to compete against. You dont spend 300 million plus on an MMO to compete with the likes of all those other 2nd tier MMO's. Honestly I think it too late. 1.3 will save some but it affect will be just like the rackghoul plauge.... you will see an influx of players for a week or 2 then back to the same old stuff. If I had not paid for 6 months out of the gate I would not be subbed now. what a disappointment this game is.

rawfox
05.28.2012 , 06:50 AM | #20
While that is true, they are all without me.
I expected SWTOR somewhat like Eve or even like Rift, not something like Allods.
Even Fallen Earth is better then this.

How i am so angry ?
Let me tall you my "i hate it" for today.
I was logged out in Balmorra or better in the little departure thing before you enter the Balmorra Spacestation that let you enter Balmorra.
I thought i'd use my Fleetpass, but "Not usable in this area".
Then i thought "k ill take my ship" and then zone ship -> zone Fleet, while Fleetpass is only Zone Fleet, but wasnt able to use in this area.

I thought "why am i here ?!" and logged off.

It is totally pointless.
My main is on wrong server, my alt is 10 levels more to go in a redundant world, im bored down to the bones.

My expectations about this game have been completely others.
I tried it 6 months and i cannot wait for another game, launching in 4 weeks, by a company that could entertain me successfull for years.

1.3 will not make a difference.
In my book, there is nothing what could be changed to drag me in again.
Maybe its just not my turf anymore.

hf ^^