Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3....i dont get it

Darth_Bond
05.17.2012 , 08:37 AM | #1
Whats the point of a server only LFD when im on a non fatman server thats dead.....

at peak hours id be lucky to find 40 ppl online... say 15 of those are 50.....

that means 25 non 50s....

out of those 25 non 50 lets say 3 or 4 are my level range...and 1 hasnt queued up for random flashpoints.....there goes that.....

server only LFD finder is like trying to extinguish a blazing fire aboard the Hindenburg with a water pistol.....

ofcourse who knows what server mergers/ transfers are bringing....or even when they will get here....

Why on earth isnt a game breaking issue taken seriously? Isnt this what hotfixes are for? To fix game breaking issues asap?
Story is so important i sold starwars to disney and asked jj abrams to direct the new star wars film....and that is why we cant have faction change!

TUXs
05.17.2012 , 08:47 AM | #2
You'll also be able to add an augment slot on ur armor! Won't that be cool?! That's gonna give you like a days worth of content alone. And be honest, how many of those 25%+ of the people that have left the game, do you think left the game because they couldn't add augment slots?! EXACTLY! That's why 1.3 is gunna be so awesome!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Frostvein
05.17.2012 , 08:52 AM | #3
I've said this exact same thing more or less. Its going to be useless on a ton of servers, and only moderately successful on the handful that have a decent pop. Its still going to be largely useless for low levels and anytime outside of prime time.
Meanwhile, in Tera general chat -

"The sad thing is, arguing with fanbois on the forums was more entertaining than their 300 million dollar single player MMO from 2008"

Zhauric
05.17.2012 , 08:55 AM | #4
Most likely because they stated a few times now that character transfers are coming. I believe the time-table had it no later than next month but can't say for certain. Either way it should probably be done before 1.3 even hits. At least logic would have that approach. Granted I also believe mergers are better than just giving transfers because then you'll end up with a bunch of useless servers *shrugs*

Thorlas
05.17.2012 , 08:56 AM | #5
I'm leaning more and more towards thinking that EA has given up on this game and is looking to squeeze every penny it can before it goes f2p. Patch 1.3 is proof of that, no operation or FP, heck no news on even NM EC.
| Pureblood | Sith Warrior | Marauder | Annihilation |
| Pureblood | Sith Warrior | Juggernaut | Immortal |

Kthx
05.17.2012 , 08:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
I'm leaning more and more towards thinking that EA has given up on this game and is looking to squeeze every penny it can before it goes f2p. Patch 1.3 is proof of that, no operation or FP, heck no news on even NM EC.
Sorry, did I miss an announcement on what is going to be included in 1.3?

Thorlas
05.17.2012 , 09:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Sorry, did I miss an announcement on what is going to be included in 1.3?
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...ate-1-3-primer

Quote:
Although no new Operation or Flashpoint content is currently slated to be released with this patch, the addition of the Group Finder should make it easier to find groups for existing instances.
| Pureblood | Sith Warrior | Marauder | Annihilation |
| Pureblood | Sith Warrior | Juggernaut | Immortal |

Kthx
05.17.2012 , 09:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Bond View Post
Whats the point of a server only LFD when im on a non fatman server thats dead.....
It has to be viewed in conjunction with character transfers: The demand for an LFD or LFG tool goes back to way before population was an issue.

I'm on a standard non-RP PVE server that is not Fatman and that is somewhere in the top-20 and it is decidedly not dead, so the implication that every other server is dead is a bit of a hyperbole.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Bond View Post
Why on earth isnt a game breaking issue taken seriously? Isnt this what hotfixes are for? To fix game breaking issues asap?
No, this is not what hot fixes are for. Hot fixes are for fixing high-impact bugs (programming errors).

Stoicraven
05.17.2012 , 09:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
You'll also be able to add an augment slot on ur armor! Won't that be cool?! That's gonna give you like a days worth of content alone. And be honest, how many of those 25%+ of the people that have left the game, do you think left the game because they couldn't add augment slots?! EXACTLY! That's why 1.3 is gunna be so awesome!
Bioware has just destroyed crafting and ensured a player driven economy will never happen -faceroll-

Celebrus
05.17.2012 , 09:05 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
It has to be viewed in conjunction with character transfers: The demand for an LFD or LFG tool goes back to way before population was an issue.

I'm on a standard non-RP PVE server that is not Fatman and that is somewhere in the top-20 and it is decidedly not dead, so the implication that every other server is dead is a bit of a hyperbole.

No, this is not what hot fixes are for. Hot fixes are for fixing high-impact bugs (programming errors).
How did he imply that every server other than fatman is dead. He implied that he is on a server that isn't fatman, and that server happens to also be dead.

Man, fanboys will argue anything, regardless of how pointless and circular the argument may be.