Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 Surprise or really "lean"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Surprise or really "lean"

Aricus
04.29.2012 , 01:47 PM | #11
I am guessing it'll be Legacy features expanded, LFG, and Pre-season of ranked WZ. Along with a few fix its here and there.

pmeeps
04.29.2012 , 01:59 PM | #12
we get HK in 1.3?
is space exploration out of the question?
how about new or customizable personal ships?

Suzina
04.29.2012 , 02:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AerynSung View Post
Considering that the 1.2 patch that they touted as "the mother of all patches" did not add much...

I would expect 1.3 to be very lean.
I'm curious if this is sarcasm or not? I've played MMOs a long time, and perhaps my memory is failing me after all this time, but I don't remember a patch in any MMO that changed as much as 1.2. Let me list the features that I personally noticed were added in 1.2.

1.2 added:
- A New warzone
- Some PVP stat tracking including total number of wins
- Same-faction vs same-faction version of voidstar
- Stat re-balancing including expertise diminishing returns re-balancing
- A new world boss that's challenging to raid guilds.
- A new 4-boss raid with 2 difficulty settings that's very finely tuned to be a challenge to raid guilds.
- New loot for nightmare mode Karagga's Palace
- The customizable built-in user interface which is my favorite of any MMO
- A new exciting live-event complete with new voice-over, cut scenes, social gear, vanity pets, level 50 "infected" versions of old world-bosses, dailys and great world-building design
- At least 3 new armor sets for every class
- Two of the new armor sets per class have swappable set-piece bonuses (a new tech I haven't seen in an MMO)
- The ability to remove all armoring mods from all end-game sets
- An expansion of the Orange augmented moddable quality gear sets, along with giving crafters a place in end-game itemization
- New dailys on corellia including heroic dailys
- Tons of bug and exploit fixes.
- Class balance fixes. Nerfs to all the most powerful builds and buffs to the weakest ones. Healing re-balanced.
- A new quest for a vanity pet bird and everyone got a pet in the mail.
- Training dummies Combat Logging that is self-only to help you compare your builds.
- Mailing to alts, even accross faction
- New vehicle rewards for "achivement style" quests.
- New credit-sinks in the form of Legacy unlocks - amenities on your ship, race unlocks, ect...
- Guild banks
- New rewards for fleet comms like new tier-8 crafting materials
- Engine optimization. Remember when opening your inventory/char sheet lagged you for a full second? Not anymore!
- Sprint at level 1 to make alt leveling faster
EDIT cuz' I forgot: - A new flashpoint with two difficulty settings

Those are the things I can personally remember. If anyone, anywhere, is aware of any patch for any MMO that added more than that, please go ahead and post here. I know of paid-expansions that have added more, but I have never seen a quarterly patch add so much.
Member of Bane Fleet

Bigbozo
04.29.2012 , 02:48 PM | #14
With the "coming soon" legacy lockouts, and what little I've heard. I think 1.3 is going to be more like the second half of 1.2 rather than a major patch. But one can always hope.

erei
04.29.2012 , 02:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
I
- Two of the new armor sets per class have swappable set-piece bonuses (a new tech I haven't seen in an MMO)
I just drop by to answer this (many stuff I want to answer, but I'm not in the mood for a wall of text) :
No. They use "appearance/vanity slots". Far more easy to use. Far more useful. Far more skins available for a better customization. But you're probably right. I've never seen this.

janne_josefsson
04.29.2012 , 02:59 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
I'm curious if this is sarcasm or not? I've played MMOs a long time, and perhaps my memory is failing me after all this time, but I don't remember a patch in any MMO that changed as much as 1.2. Let me list the features that I personally noticed were added in 1.2.

1.2 added:
- A New warzone
- Some PVP stat tracking including total number of wins
- Same-faction vs same-faction version of voidstar
- Stat re-balancing including expertise diminishing returns re-balancing
- A new world boss that's challenging to raid guilds.
- A new 4-boss raid with 2 difficulty settings that's very finely tuned to be a challenge to raid guilds.
- New loot for nightmare mode Karagga's Palace
- The customizable built-in user interface which is my favorite of any MMO
- A new exciting live-event complete with new voice-over, cut scenes, social gear, vanity pets, level 50 "infected" versions of old world-bosses, dailys and great world-building design
- At least 3 new armor sets for every class
- The ability to remove all armoring mods from all end-game sets
- An expansion of the Orange augmented moddable quality gear sets, along with giving crafters a place in end-game itemization
- New dailys on corellia including heroic dailys
- Tons of bug and exploit fixes.
- Class balance fixes. Nerfs to all the most powerful builds and buffs to the weakest ones. Healing re-balanced.
- A new quest for a vanity pet bird and everyone got a pet in the mail.
- Training dummies Combat Logging that is self-only to help you compare your builds.
- Mailing to alts, even accross faction
- New vehicle rewards for "achivement style" quests.
- New credit-sinks in the form of Legacy unlocks - amenities on your ship, race unlocks, ect...
- Guild banks
- New rewards for fleet comms like new tier-8 crafting materials
- Engine optimization. Remember when opening your inventory/char sheet lagged you for a full second? Not anymore!
- Sprint at level 1 to make alt leveling faster
EDIT cuz' I forgot: - A new flashpoint with two difficulty settings

Those are the things I can personally remember. If anyone, anywhere, is aware of any patch for any MMO that added more than that, please go ahead and post here. I know of paid-expansions that have added more, but I have never seen a quarterly patch add so much.

They delivered content for pve, rp and pvp...but as you can see, they did not add content for the kind of players that are never satisfied with anything no matter what
http://www.myspace.com/ostermalmboys

Music straight from the rock-bottom of society

BenjaminminU
04.29.2012 , 03:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by pmeeps View Post
we get HK in 1.3?
Thats what the legend says. TORhead says so anyways.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Zocat
04.29.2012 , 03:13 PM | #18
Probably something from the event team as well.
Rakghoul part 2.

Aus_Jedi
04.29.2012 , 03:25 PM | #19
I believe that torheads leak on what is going to be in 1.3 is outdate. That there was a lot of legacy features that didn't make 1.2, plus Warzones didn't make 1.2. These items along with the LFG tool that is needed in the game I believe will make up the bulk of 1.3. If they are going to release it in May - which I really hope, but not counting on then I don't believe there will be any new operations, flashpoints or new dailies.

It is going to be lean and like someone said it is 1.2 part 2 more than 1.3

Costello
04.29.2012 , 03:54 PM | #20
I would expect 1.3 is going to have to have something big. The secret world is going to be launching in June, Tera has just launchedn and GW2 is coming soon.

A few new options costing a million credits each isn't likely to cut it and BW and EA must know it, they have to look at what players have been asking for expecially those that have filled in the cancelled subs survey and get it in. Personally I think they have to address the feeling that TOR doesn't feel that massive, it is don't get me wrong. But because of all the hand holding and the planet/level progression they have lost the feeling of exploration and being part of a living dynamic world. This needs to be address sooner rather than later and lean patches which we still wait months on isn't going to do it.