Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3: Didn't fix the graphical issues! (Hood Clipping, Big Butt Robes, etc...)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3: Didn't fix the graphical issues! (Hood Clipping, Big Butt Robes, etc...)

GIF_Bluehawk
06.26.2012 , 03:50 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ClavisN View Post
What is that ability for Qyzen?
Alright, so I looked Qyzen up, and the abilities you'll want to deactivate whenever you want his weapons to function normally are Trandoshan Regeneration and Combat Stance.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU.

ChillWinterheart
06.26.2012 , 04:00 PM | #42
I facepalm whenever I see threads like this.

If they didn't say they'll fix it, why would you expect them to be fixed? Seriously?

Is it so im-freakingly-possible to comprehend the idea behind "we didn't say we're gonna do this, so we won't do this."

They stated that they can only do this much for 1.3: ranked warzones, LFG tool, improved graphics, fixed a few minor bugs, rebalanced class skills, add augmentation options, allow for free PVP gear.

The game patches, loads, and you log in and say "why didn't they fix the big butt robes?"

<_<; I don't defend BioWare, I am merely puzzled by your faculties of observation. It's like hearing someone say "I'm going to jump", and you watch him jump and you ask "why didn't you sing?"

DPCummerbund
06.26.2012 , 04:14 PM | #43
I think that some of you are taking the OP too literally.

Rather than saying "Why weren't these bugs fixed in 1.3?", he could have asked "Why were other bugs fixed and other features added, but these bugs weren't on the list?"

I agree that all of these are problems, and all of them bug me more than anything they fixed or added in 1.3. I skimmed through the patch notes, and never thought that these things would be fixed, but I'm still bothered that they're NOT fixed. Now, they've added a whole new batch of features that will probably also have bugs, and just add to the list of things that need to be de-bugged. That bothers me.

Like the lightsaber thing- your companions are supposed to be similar to real people. They look as real as your toon, have their own dialogue, and their own stories. And when you see them running around with their lightsabers out when they shouldn't be, it just reminds you that they're one big, walking computer bug. It's annoying, and it's annoying EVERY SINGLE TIME you log in, quick travel, take a speeder, or relocate in any way.

Dubaco
06.26.2012 , 09:15 PM | #44
I just uploaded the "walking hand" video on youtube.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg3HU...ature=youtu.be

Dubaco
06.27.2012 , 06:33 PM | #45
Just uploaded the "big butt" video on youtube. I ask that if you watch the videos, do so in full screen since I couldn't manage to make it in higher quality.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ6Uu...ature=youtu.be

SikrouDeco
07.13.2012 , 04:48 PM | #46
It's true bugs are important, but fixing a graphic issue such as this is the simplest function they can preform. It seems clear to me the image file is corrupted and needs to be reloaded. They should've addressed this in an earlier patch and moved on. Clearly since it has been known of for quite some time, they are either unable or unwilling to do so. One of the rarest drops in game and they blatantly seem not to care how it looks.

Sad, and further reason why many are leaving daily. Not because of the improper look of the said robe, but the lack of interest BW/EA displays with regards to quality control. It may not be BW themselves as EA has the reputation of pushing things out well before they should be.
"I have a bad feeling about this.." Member since 2008

laslaya
07.24.2012 , 06:21 PM | #47
My marauders robe CLIPS ITSELF, seriously?!?! I have never in all my years of MMO's ever seen a piece of armor clip itself...

Sadly, from the speed at which they seem to be fixing graphical issues, I doubt we'll see any fixes for quite some time. Unlike WoW where they fix their jacked up armor sets next patch.

Does Bioware even have an armor design team, or are they temps they hire then let go when they aren't needed for new armor?

SikrouDeco
07.24.2012 , 10:31 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by laslaya View Post
My marauders robe CLIPS ITSELF, seriously?!?! I have never in all my years of MMO's ever seen a piece of armor clip itself...

Sadly, from the speed at which they seem to be fixing graphical issues, I doubt we'll see any fixes for quite some time. Unlike WoW where they fix their jacked up armor sets next patch.

Does Bioware even have an armor design team, or are they temps they hire then let go when they aren't needed for new armor?
I wonder if the armor designs are 3rd party?
"I have a bad feeling about this.." Member since 2008

Dubaco
10.12.2014 , 12:21 PM | #49
Hello Again. I`m glad to realize that at least the big butt problem has been addressed. The hood clipping however, is worse than ever, with so many different hooded robes sharing the clipping problem.

Darth_Wicked
10.12.2014 , 12:22 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Dubaco View Post
Hello Again. I`m glad to realize that at least the big butt problem has been addressed. The hood clipping however, is worse than ever, with so many different hooded robes sharing the clipping problem.
Welcome back?

Also, the big butt problem has reappeared, depending on the chest piece.

EDIT:

Same with this.

EDIT: (2)

This one too. Darth Marr is plagued by that one in the latest announcement trailer and even before that.

In fact, I dare say that most have either reappeared or remain untouched since then.