Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.3 to fix tha game? Nope.


Kthx's Avatar


Kthx
05.28.2012 , 06:06 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by lbdave View Post
This game is dead.
People have been proclaiming the death of SWTOR since pre-launch. I am willing to bet you $100 that the game will still be around after 1.3, and after 1.4, and after 1.5. PM me for details.

Lord_Ravenhurst's Avatar


Lord_Ravenhurst
05.28.2012 , 06:54 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by kriegheld View Post
Because it's discrimination otherwise. And not being a "big deal" is hate.
Vocal minorities again? Well I'm a vocal minority too and want off rails space combat, so I decide from now on to feel discriminated, because this has been requested long before launch. Also, this is an actual feature and not a flirt option with cartoon characters.

Shadezilla's Avatar


Shadezilla
05.28.2012 , 07:03 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by kriegheld View Post
SGRAs have been asked for long before LFG or transfers.

I better see, no, I demand that SGRA content be added in 1.3 in preparation for the 1.4 SGRA patch.

Or else........
Yep this is whats going to save the game, along with speech bubbles, day/night cycles and all the rest of the little things. Don't get me wrong they all should get added eventually but there are much bigger fish to fry. Transfers are not the sole solution but its going to do a lot more for the game than SGRA would at this point.
Asani - Sorcerer / Kishira - Mercenary / Liexa - Sniper
Dead Server Refugee - Empire - Jedi Covenant (EST/PVE)

Love, like or hate the game try to remember that Opinion != Fact.

veyl's Avatar


veyl
05.28.2012 , 07:18 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelAnne View Post
I dont get you people sometimes. Are you never happy?
Since day 1 you cry for LFG, Addons, 8men only pvp etc.
Now that BW screwed all those players that bought the game because these wow typical features were not in, you still complain?
I just dont get it, maybe BW does realise now that changing the game to your desire was wrong. They should had stick with their first design choice, its obvious that people like you are never happy.
Forum dwellers are usually never happy.

However, to your point: LFG, Addons, 8 men only PvP and SGRA were things demanded and desired since B E T A. You know, where the developer is supposed to take the feedback of their selected player base and change their plans to implement systems that are desirable along with fixing bugs and working out the kinks of their terrible Hero engine. (All areas that they failed at miserably).

Their "original" design choice was a bad one in beta, that's the problem here. You're dealing with a development team who waited too long to let go of their stubborn "vision" of what the game should be and it has cost them 500k+ subscriptions. (at this point I'm willing to bet that number is at the million mark.) "Wow features" has nothing to do with a lot of the anger because not all of the features demanded are WOW related. Please stop thinking that.

The Issue simply falls on the development team who still have their blinders on to the current state of the game.

Wait wait wait wait, soon soon soon, wall of crazy , soon soon soon , cant talk about that yet cant talk about that yet, big plans in future patches = THE PROBLEM. It's extremely unfortunate.

On a side note: I'll gladly resub if this game does actually make a big turn around. I think an entire new development team is needed for that thought.

ItsMattsFault's Avatar


ItsMattsFault
05.28.2012 , 07:22 PM | #35
Didn't read because the title says "tha" instead of "the"

Arasys's Avatar


Arasys
05.28.2012 , 07:27 PM | #36
Quote:
I have been as patient as I can be, but I refuse to be patient anymore. You took my money, now deliver us a game that we can play.
^^^ this is exactly how I feel, I even reported bugs and tried to keep bug report threads up for months but no one cared to respond or do anything other than sending me copy+paste emails. You cannot find more supportive community than this if you are claiming to be a major mmo. Look at fan boys, they are like crusaders lol, a lot of people even the frustrated criticize mostly so Bioware can fix the problems but instead mods close the threads . They are not doing anything and took our money, it drives me insane.

BurningChick's Avatar


BurningChick
05.28.2012 , 07:29 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradivus View Post
I am an MMO gamer and I do both of those things, gladly, infact. I enjoy being a part of a game from the very start and see it evolve, experience all its stages, not just the "done and waiting to slowly die" part.
There aren't that many players like you left (and, note, I recently chucked my beta CDs for both UO and EQ 1, so I've been around the block, also).

FWIW, Cryptic's CEO owned up to having made the mistake of assuming players would pay it forward. If you're interested, there are a couple interviews with him that touch on how the market has changed since WoW was released.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...a_.php?print=1

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/08...winter-and-a/4

Jack is ... ummm ... well, yeah. But it took stones to admit that his assumptions were wrong and that gamers' expectations have changed.

Sibonk's Avatar


Sibonk
05.28.2012 , 07:34 PM | #38
Hello!

A thread about this topic already exists, meaning we'll be closing this thread in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion here:

1.3 will make or break this game

Thanks!