Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

People leaving wz is now out of control.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People leaving wz is now out of control.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vydor_HC's Avatar


Vydor_HC
02.17.2012 , 11:16 AM | #991
Quote: Originally Posted by GaryCartel View Post
I've been getting disconnected alot in PVP. Don't know whats going on there. Could be happening to other people aswell.
Yes, unfortunately people that get disconnected will be casualties of war so to speak and treated as deserters. I think the thought process behind that is that there are not enough people that fall into this category to merit concern.


"And we don't need the ladies crying cuz the story's sad."

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
02.17.2012 , 11:16 AM | #992
Quote: Originally Posted by DasWsup View Post
lol wow...

btw its moot, not mute
LOL yea, it was inevitable that someone would pull out the intarwebz interpretation of the 1st Amendment.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

DasWsup's Avatar


DasWsup
02.17.2012 , 11:18 AM | #993
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Free speech protects you against the government, not against private industry.
This ^

don't believe him? go ahead and type anything u want on these boards see how far your freedom of speech gets you!
Ghetto Smurf - Mercenary
Prophecy of the five

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
02.17.2012 , 11:18 AM | #994
Quote: Originally Posted by Vydor_HC View Post
Yes, unfortunately people that get disconnected will be casualties of war so to speak and treated as deserters. I think the thought process behind that is that there are not enough people that fall into this category to merit concern.
...and not just the thought process, but I'm fairly certain that plenty of measurements have been taken to see just how many people are manually leaving a warzone via the button, or disconnects.

BW knows what they are doing.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

richardya's Avatar


richardya
02.17.2012 , 11:23 AM | #995
Quote: Originally Posted by drdarpa View Post
You didn't answer my question, kid. I asked you why you expect me to put forth effort that you and other players like you refuse to put forth?

"Because you are wrong" is not an answer to that question. I didn't expect you to be able to stand your ground with that question because your position is a losing one. You're here to cry because someone isn't holding your hand, and you're selfish.

You've proven my point for me. Thanks.
Dude, are you for real, your question has a ridiculous assumption in it. You are assuming people arent putting in an effort, because that explains to your warped sense of reality why you are losing. The fact that you are losing is not because everyone else is bad.

Imagine if god played a cruel joke on the world and made two of you and they played eachother in a WZ. Never mind then the losing one would blame his teammates. Imagine god made 16 of you and they played a match. Then who do you blame for losing? Bioware?

DasWsup's Avatar


DasWsup
02.17.2012 , 11:23 AM | #996
Quote: Originally Posted by Vydor_HC View Post
Yes, unfortunately people that get disconnected will be casualties of war so to speak and treated as deserters. I think the thought process behind that is that there are not enough people that fall into this category to merit concern.
indeed.
I've disconnected maybe 4-5 times since launch and once in a WZ. if you excuse everyone that disconnects that will be the next thing people will abuse. alt+f4 to close the program! remove the cable from your pc, ctrl+alt Del close program.

it happens very little.

If you DC so much then you shouldn't Qeue up and you should fix your pc problem or contact your isp.
Ghetto Smurf - Mercenary
Prophecy of the five

Vydor_HC's Avatar


Vydor_HC
02.17.2012 , 11:23 AM | #997
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
...and not just the thought process, but I'm fairly certain that plenty of measurements have been taken to see just how many people are manually leaving a warzone via the button, or disconnects.

BW knows what they are doing.
-shrugs-

I don't blindly give BW credit for anything. It's their entire coding system that has put us in this situation to begin with.


"And we don't need the ladies crying cuz the story's sad."

Bloodtau's Avatar


Bloodtau
02.17.2012 , 11:25 AM | #998
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Free speech protects you against the government, not against private industry.
No it allows you to say what you want, when you want.

If people want to complain about stuff, they are allowed too.

Vydor_HC's Avatar


Vydor_HC
02.17.2012 , 11:26 AM | #999
Quote: Originally Posted by DasWsup View Post
indeed.
I've disconnected maybe 4-5 times since launch and once in a WZ. if you excuse everyone that disconnects that will be the next thing people will abuse. alt+f4 to close the program! remove the cable from your pc, ctrl+alt Del close program.

it happens very little.

If you DC so much then you shouldn't Qeue up and you should fix your pc problem or contact your isp.
I don't know, it's all random for me, and SWTOR is the only game I have trouble with. I disconnect probably 1 or 2 times per game playing session, unless I go to Ilum when there is a zerg then it's much more.

But I am not going to stop playing the game simply because I randomly disconnect or crash.


"And we don't need the ladies crying cuz the story's sad."

drdarpa's Avatar


drdarpa
02.17.2012 , 11:28 AM | #1000
Quote: Originally Posted by richardya View Post
Dude, are you for real, your question has a ridiculous assumption in it. You are assuming people arent putting in an effort, because that explains to your warped sense of reality why you are losing. The fact that you are losing is not because everyone else is bad.

Imagine if god played a cruel joke on the world and made to of you and they played eachother in a WZ. Never mind then the losing one would blame his teammates. Imagine god made 16 of you and they played a match. Then who do you blame for losing? Bioware?
Who says I'm losing? My premades win about 95% of all games. As for the pugs, if more than 3 people are ignoring the objectives, I quit the game, I don't even waste my time. Therefore, I rarely ever lose.