Rep VS Rep huttball?

Mallorik

The last few days i have been getting alot of these, and ive never seen any of them before, today i got 3 republic vs republic huttballs.

Anyone else been getting alot of these? whats causing them? people leaving the game?, empire wont leave ilum? theres still a 4 or 5 to 1 imp zerg on my server so i dont know *** it is.

Two causes:

1. People have switched from Empire to Republic to balance out populations some (I imagine this is a tiny percentage of players).

2. All the Republic players are tired of facing BM geared Imperials that took advantage of BioWare's ****** PvP design team decisions with respect to Ilum, and they find the level 10-49 more enjoyable than gearing up at 50.

It might also be a case of people finishing their dailies/weeklies for warzones after the reset. After that they might be more inclined to do something else, or stick to Ilum because they want Valor more. Edited by Amp_

The last few days i have been getting alot of these, and ive never seen any of them before, today i got 3 republic vs republic huttballs.

Anyone else been getting alot of these? whats causing them? people leaving the game?, empire wont leave ilum? theres still a 4 or 5 to 1 imp zerg on my server so i dont know *** it is.

Ever play on the empire side? i think its just auto for them to play huttball against each other. i think the system i so used to it they ignore the republic ques and just wait for enough imps to match into huttball so they can play each other. Its pretty funny but im glad i enjoy huttball over the other 2, i know lots of them are upset about this.

Edited by trajic

It's been happening quite often on Vulkar Highway. Typically late at night.

While still vastly outnumbered, there is definetely a much stronger Republic PVP presence on Vulkar than there is on some of the other servers I've got toons on.

Edited by Direwolfe

I've had a fair few Rep v Rep Huttball games in the 50s bracket. I think it's just one of those statistical quirks - even if you average twice as many of one faction you'll still get spikes where the lesser side have more people wanting to PVP at a particular point.

Everyone states with zero proof that the pubs are outnumbered.

And yet when things like 2 full teams of pubs being available and no groups of imps happen they still state that there's a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio.

Somehow they see screenprints showing the pop of one zone on one server at one time as proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are 5 times as many imps and yet when equally circumstantial evidence like pub groups being the only groups you can find in one queue on one server at one time apparently mean nothing.

You get Republic vs Republic games occasionally (seriously, its lets than 1 in 25 WZs for me) but by all accounts on many servers Imperial vs Imperial games are closer to 50% (or more) of WZs. That's a pretty clear indication that there are more Imperials. As is the fact that at the same time the Imperial Fleet/Ilum can have twice as many people as on the Republic fleet.

You get Republic vs Republic games occasionally (seriously, its lets than 1 in 25 WZs for me) but by all accounts on many servers Imperial vs Imperial games are closer to 50% (or more) of WZs. That's a pretty clear indication that there are more Imperials. As is the fact that at the same time the Imperial Fleet/Ilum can have twice as many people as on the Republic fleet.

Offer something more than hearsay if you want it to be treated as anything else.

The pop on fleet @ 22:15 GMT on one particular server does not necessarily relate to the ratio of players on the server, characters on the server or indeed people in the queues. And even if it did, all it would say is that in that moment in time those were the pops.

Unless BW offers hard data on their servers (e.g. number of pub chars, number of imp chars, number of imp chars active in last 48 hours, etc, etc) it's just people thinking "i see lots of imps, it must be like this everywhere".

Empire is busy enjoying Ilum.

And, as is usually the case with games that feature such a desastrous faction imbalance, Republic hides on the fleet and chain queues for WZs where they are not outnumbered 4:1.

Are you talking about 50 or 1-49 though?

Because for the latter, see what the guy above wrote. Thanks to Ilum the gear advantage the dominating faction has is not compensable, people on the weak faction get frustrated, reroll alts, later they leave the game altogether or give in and join the zerg, the pvp scene dies.

happened many times before in other games, will happen much, much earlier in this one thanks to the absolutely catastrophic faction imbalance. But no worry, more same-faction WZ's are coming. That will REALLY fix things.

Edited by mufutiz

Empire is busy enjoying Ilum.

And, as is usually the case with games that feature such a desastrous faction imbalance, Republic hides on the fleet and chain queues for WZs where they are not outnumbered 4:1.

Even if I believe it's 24/7 republic base camping on your server, are you saying that in 24 hours the pubs cannot harpoon / force pull 30 imperials into range of the turret for easy kills?

The pubs on your server must be just plain awful.

:edit:

I'm talking in relation to dailies, not staying there all night for fun.

Edited by Jestunhi

Even worse we chain queue for WZs in the lower level bracket where either side has easy access to the same gear...

Even if I believe it's 24/7 republic base camping on your server, are you saying that in 24 hours the pubs cannot harpoon / force pull 30 imperials into range of the turret for easy kills?

I realize you're not talking about doing that for fun, but still, does it sound like a reasonable use of your time? I mean, this is a game. You pay money to have fun playing it. Why would you even go there if you can do something else that's not as just plain lame as pulling people to a turret to do a daily/weekly...

:edit:

I'm talking in relation to dailies, not staying there all night for fun.

of course they can do that. and as soon as they are done it's back to the fleet into hiding :)

It has happened on my server quite a bit lately too.

I think it's to do with the time of day. When the Imps are HARD in Ilum, Repubs leave and queue for Warzones. You'll have a surge of 20 Repubs queuing for warzones and 40 Imps roving Ilum, not queuing and hoping to find us when we're not there.

The end result: Repub vs. Repub huttball.

Edited by McVade