? for ppl actually playing the game.

badwin

Isn't there the issue, though, that with a console you aren't also having to see things that have to be transmitted via internet (and if they are being transmitted via ethernet like in online shooters, the graphics aren't as good as cutscenes on solo-player console games). Also, that the information is being read off of a disc rather than being loaded onto your computer as you move throughout the environment.

Again, not an expert, just seems intuitively that these factors would cater to consoles having an easier time producing better graphics.

Yes, it's rather obvious that your not an expert.

none of the imagery had to be transmitted, only locations for other players. everything else in done locally.

Cut scenes for most games are what's called pre rendered, they are basically a video of something done on an array of vastly powerful PC's in much slower than real time, they don't represent the graphical quality of anything.

Aye! I am not the gaming hardware expert, but I believe console games in general have technological advantages that allow better graphics than a PC, no?

I guess in my mind I've always separated MMO graphics from console graphics, so from an MMO mindset, I really enjoy the screenshots I've seen so far. Can't wait to see for myself!

Wrong. PC's in general have much better technological advantages than consoles due to the ability to upgrade pc's. Most consoles are the equivalent of a rather poor PC atm.

HOWEVER all consoles of a certain type have the same specs so a game can be optimized for that hardware and tested thoroughly, MMO takes in such a broad range of hardware levels, operating systems and the like. This would mean that an extremely graphics intensive game would render the poorer PC's unable to play and therefore cut into profits.