Why is there no kill option for Lana?

Avashnea

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only play human and cyborg warriors. One time is with Cada Bliss. I think his henchman calls us an "ugly sith woman". The other time happens when you're speaking to the neimoidian scientist guy on Nar Shaddaa where she says something like "I prefer to be terrible" instead of beautiful.

So, you can interpret these lines however you'd like, Cada Bliss may just be smack talking and the warrior describes her own indifference towards physical beauty so it could mean anything. I personally feel like she might be plain, especially in context of someone like the agent who seduces men all the time. It's easier to believe the agent is physically attractive.

Hm, that could also be interpreted as different alien species having different beauty standards. Like realistically it would be weird for a Wookie or a Nemoidian or a Rodian or other less human looking species to find a Human, Chiss, Mirialan, and other more human looking species attractive. I don't remember Cada Bliss calling the SW ugly though, only him calling Vette ugly and I don't think I picked whatever option that is with the other NPC so as far as I'm concerned my SW is fabulous AF :D

Will there be a kill option for Lana in 5.10 or beyond?

Let's be real, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a kill or leave option for her in 6.0 since people have moaned about it so much. And then all the people who want her gone will get to celebrate that the devs have bricked yet another companion and hurt even more players.

I hope they stop with the "kill" options all-together and instead go with "attack" or some such option that gives the character a chance to attempt escape or fight back, rather than just stand here and accept the blade.

Let's be real, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a kill or leave option for her in 6.0 since people have moaned about it so much. And then all the people who want her gone will get to celebrate that the devs have bricked yet another companion and hurt even more players.

I don't think it'll happen to be honest. I feel like if there was any point, it would have been in kotfe+

Unless she randomly goes rogue, which I doubt even more.

We've been given the option for Theron and Koth (both of which didn't REALLY deserve it and I would never chose to do so). Why is there no option for Lana? She HAS deserved it a few times.

Maybe she'll be important in next expansions. Maybe in future we will decide.

Quinn has deserved in origianl story, and die on Iokath after KotFE

I hope they stop with the "kill" options all-together and instead go with "attack" or some such option that gives the character a chance to attempt escape or fight back, rather than just stand here and accept the blade.

That, and I also hope they will give her the same courtesy that people want for Theron and Arcann and keep her around for those who want her there. But I doubt it.

I don't think it'll happen to be honest. I feel like if there was any point, it would have been in kotfe+

Unless she randomly goes rogue, which I doubt even more.

I hope you're right, but Charles already said something about her being driven away if the player commits war crimes against Imperials. :( I think whatever is left of any of the class or KOTFE-era the companions is going to be hacked away, badly, in 6.0, since Bioware really doesn't seem to care that people might want them around.

I'm hoping they've learned their lesson from all the love threads and requests to bring companions back from the dead, etc. They obviously can't or don't want to maintain diverging companion storylines so it shouldn't be an option at all going forward.

That, and I also hope they will give her the same courtesy that people want for Theron and Arcann and keep her around for those who want her there. But I doubt it.

I really wish they'd keep the companions around when they're not dead in one's story, even if they're killable, and just remove them when they're dead.

I'd be fine with a few lines here and there, a mail from times to times and some private time in custscenes to continue any romance. All that would be better than just watching them stand behind you like nothing happens.

I really wish they'd keep the companions around when they're not dead in one's story, even if they're killable, and just remove them when they're dead.

I'd be fine with a few lines here and there, a mail from times to times and some private time in custscenes to continue any romance. All that would be better than just watching them stand behind you like nothing happens.

In 6.0, everyone, but everyone will chose to kill Zenith,except me. Why remove him if he's dead? I care about him deeply, why should you be allowed to keep your beloved companions while I lose mine?

I hope you're right, but Charles already said something about her being driven away if the player commits war crimes against Imperials. :( I think whatever is left of any of the class or KOTFE-era the companions is going to be hacked away, badly, in 6.0, since Bioware really doesn't seem to care that people might want them around.

I hope I'm right too!! I'm sick of companions dying as well. I don't hate any enough to want them dead anyway. With the exception of Skadge, but even he's alive in my story... /shrugs

Why can't Zenith get the same mercy as Arcann and Skadge?

Non romanceable companion, he isn't even back yet, the desire for him seems to be almost nonexistent. Also he's voiced by Theron's voice actor who isn't exactly cheap. Their priorities probably lie elsewhere.

This. If you haven't killed a companion then they should be part of your story. If you have killed them then remove them from your story. If you haven't killed them then what some one else does should not affect your story, but it has and that what makes most unhappy.

I hope it wouldn't be for something we didn't know we did or would have thought it would affect her, like the Elara return. I've never had the chance to romance her but I would have been royally P.O.'d if my favorite companion was taken away for something I did a long time ago that I might not have done if I'd known it would have that far-reaching of a consequence. That seems like a perverted take on the "choices matter" theme. They write a bunch of stuff for two years that literally DOESN'T matter, and because people are angry about the joke that that has become, they petulantly throw that in there for content two years later "because you asked for it!"

On a semi-related note--I feel a lot of Bioware's reactions to companions (and this can go for almost anything else in the game) are always way too overdone.

"These guys love their original companions A LOT. Let's take them all away and give them a thousand of them to love!"

"These guys hate it when their choices don't matter. Let's make them matter two years later using unrelated situations that should never have crossed anyone's mind! [sing-song voice] But ChOiCeS MaTtEr :D :rak_01:"

"These guys love their LI's and most of the other companions very much. LET'S KILL THEM ALL because they didn't like 4 of them out of 40!"

"These guys seem to want SGR options, but the outside world :mad: frowns :mad: on that. Let's put them in there but they must all be killable! (except Lana, of course, but boy, [sing-song voice]do we have a surprise for you LaTeR :rak_01:)"

"These guys like companions, but the players that hate them (non-story players) don't like it when needless grinds aren't present. Let's put in some dumb grinds to get some of them back, because those "this a MMO!1!11!" crowds will surely flock to the story when grinding is involved!"

I can't wait for my fiance to leave me because she was not amused at my joke on the Gravestone that one time when I was trying to lighten the mood.

Edited by aerockyul

I hope it wouldn't be for something we didn't know we did or would have thought it would affect her, like the Elara return. I've never had the chance to romance her but I would have been royally P.O.'d if my favorite companion was taken away for something I did a long time ago that I might not have done if I'd known it would have that far-reaching of a consequence. That seems like a perverted take on the "choices matter" theme. They write a bunch of stuff for two years that literally DOESN'T matter, and because people are angry about the joke that that has become, they petulantly throw that in there for content two years later "because you asked for it!"

On a semi-related note--I feel a lot of Bioware's reactions to companions (and this can go for almost anything else in the game) are always way too overdone.

"These guys love their original companions A LOT. Let's take them all away and give them a thousand of them to love!"

"These guys hate it when their choices don't matter. Let's make them matter two years later using unrelated situations that should never have crossed anyone's mind! [sing-song voice] But ChOiCeS MaTtEr :D :rak_01:"

"These guys love their LI's and most of the other companions very much. LET'S KILL THEM ALL because they didn't like 4 of them out of 40!"

"These guys seem to want SGR options, but the outside world :mad: frowns :mad: on that. Let's put them in there but they must all be killable! (except Lana, of course, but boy, [sing-song voice]do we have a surprise for you LaTeR :rak_01:)"

These guys like companions, but the players that hate them (non-story players) don't like it when needless grinds aren't present. Let's put in some dumb grinds to get some of them back, because those "this a MMO!1!11!" crowds will surely flock to the story when grinding is involved!"

I can't wait for my fiance to leave me because she was not amused at my joke on the Gravestone that one time when I was trying to lighten the mood.

It's just with Elara, people always seem to ask that they want choices to matter. In that case, it did. But some weren't happy with it.

Sometimes, and I don't mean you! It seems like people just can't be happy with anything or know what they want.

It's just with Elara, people always seem to ask that they want choices to matter. In that case, it did. But some weren't happy with it.

Sometimes, and I don't mean you! It seems like people just can't be happy with anything or know what they want.

We all want choices to matter. But to take away someone's LI or favorite companion for something that happened two years ago? It makes as much sense as the Quinn kill option years later. They should have made the choices matter when it was still relevant, not out of the blue without telling anyone that might happen.

EDIT: It doesn't need to be super obvious like they need to tell us in a pop-up what might happen in the future. Like, killing Quinn during the Quinncident, makes sense, and anyone whining about that action AT THAT MOMENT has no ground to stand on to complain about having him taken away. That's a choice that matters. Giving the option 6-7 years later and then bricking him for the people that willingly chose to keep him alive is poor judgement and it's led to this landslide (along with Koth) of killing anyone and anything because they looked at us funny.

Edited by aerockyul

We all want choices to matter. But to take away someone's LI or favorite companion for something that happened two years ago? It makes as much sense as the Quinn kill option years later. They should have made the choices matter when it was still relevant, not out of the blue without telling anyone that might happen.

I get it and in terms of Quinn, they should have removed the betrayal then or let him remain as a companion you can kill. But Elara is a "good" character, I can see her not wanting to be with the player that has gone crazy, it's just not in her nature. Saying sorry doesn't really cut it so her leaving, as sad as it is for said person, is the appropriate course, imo anyway.

I get it and in terms of Quinn, they should have removed the betrayal then or let him remain as a companion you can kill. But Elara is a "good" character, I can see her not wanting to be with the player that has gone crazy, it's just not in her nature. Saying sorry doesn't really cut it so her leaving, as sad as it is for said person, is the appropriate course, imo anyway.

As I mentioned, I haven't romanced her and I only have one trooper anyway, that hasn't touched KOTXX. Just hearing how that went down is not cool. But anyway, if someone was a DS trooper anyway, and Elara went along with them up until that point, I don't think it was good to just make a sudden change like that with no chance to overcome it.

As I mentioned, I haven't romanced her and I only have one trooper anyway, that hasn't touched KOTXX. Just hearing how that went down is not cool. But anyway, if someone was a DS trooper anyway, and Elara went along with them up until that point, I don't think it was good to just make a sudden change like that with no chance to overcome it.

Eh, fair enough! We're of different opinions, which is totally cool! I'm not trying to say your view is wrong. :)

Reasons Lana deserve a kill option:

1 -Rishi -proving she can't actually be trusted.

2- Lana only cared about you so she could use you as a puppet to lead the Alliance. You make it very clear that you didn't want to lead the Alliance and she didn't really care. Lana only cares about what Lana wants.

3- Constantly threatening to kill Theron after Umbara, even though you've told her you trust him. I'm sorry, but if you made it VERY clear that you trust your LI and someone KEEPS saying they want to kill him when you find him, my less than perfect LS character will kill them before they do.

Also, Theron NEVER betrayed your trust. Everything he did was to protect you and the Alliance. He even told you WHY he couldn't tell you, but he was dropping clues for you the entire time.

Theron didn't betray my trust ? then what was that all about. Oh here my beloved I'm going to help these people kill you and ask for your forgiveness.

Sorry all my characters are dark side ALL OF THEM, Theron and Koth should have and did both die for treason

I've always said, they should have given warriors the chance to talk him out of it, which they give dialogue options to do. But no matter how high your influence, no matter if he agreed with everything you ever said, no matter if he was freaking in love with you, he still did it. It was stupid.

At the very least they should have let romanced warriors talk him out of it, seriously. I mean the mental gymnastics I've had to do to forgive my rp husband of trying to murder me.. because I happen to like the character and I happen to want an LI just like every other class gets to have.

I understand why the betrayal was there. The warrior is a bad*** throughout their entire story, there are no complications in the plot other than the betrayals. But we could have had our story cake and eaten it too if they'd just let us make him see reason. If they just wanted a fight there, fine, make the droids malfunction - we could have had the fight regardless.

What I'm trying to say is, BW done f'd up the Quinncident. And we're still feeling the repercussions.

I've always said, they should have given warriors the chance to talk him out of it, which they give dialogue options to do. But no matter how high your influence, no matter if he agreed with everything you ever said, no matter if he was freaking in love with you, he still did it. It was stupid.

At the very least they should have let romanced warriors talk him out of it, seriously. I mean the mental gymnastics I've had to do to forgive my rp husband of trying to murder me.. because I happen to like the character and I happen to want an LI just like every other class gets to have.

I understand why the betrayal was there. The warrior is a bad*** throughout their entire story, there are no complications in the plot other than the betrayals. But we could have had our story cake and eaten it too if they'd just let us make him see reason. If they just wanted a fight there, fine, make the droids malfunction - we could have had the fight regardless.

What I'm trying to say is, BW done f'd up the Quinncident. And we're still feeling the repercussions.

I hear yah! But after they removed the option to let him be killed, I think the betrayal should have gone with it. I just don't see the point and it only added to the frustration of people for years, and leading to the decision to kill him years after, Weird.