Bug List the CM's and Devs

Duceman

Hello SWTOR Team,

Since we are in the process of being more open I would like to bring attention to a few things that I have found in the game to be a bug or problem. All bugs that I mention will be bugs that are mostly easily to replicate. Here is to hoping that the new communication will bring about good times.

Flashpoints have not been rewarding our daily BH comms. When we get a group of 4 people together and then queue for a daily Hard Mode Flashpoint we will get the message to "Travel Now". When we click the travel now button it puts us into the instance and then the next thing we see is the "Travel Now" button again and our quest log will be filled with all of the Flashpoints quests. Once we complete the instance we will never get our BH daily rewards. Then we will have the "Travel Now" button appear again. When we leave the group after completing the instance we get the timer that says we cannot enter another flashpoint. We have to put a ticket in to get our BH comms and that ususally takes about a week. Can we please get this fixed quickly?

When someone disconnects during a Flashpoint we will also have the problem with not getting our BH comms. Even if the person that disconnected gets reconnected to continue and finish the run we will not get our BH comms and have to put a ticket in. Then we have a week of waiting for our BH comms. This should not be a problem. When will this issue get resolved?

We have noticed during Eternity Vault when someone gets disconnected during Gharj that this boss will bug out and either he will reset or the platforms will reset and kill us all. Then the next fight the platforms will not even bother to spawn during the fight with Gharj. This is a bug we have seen since the launch of the game. Granted it will not happen everytime but it does happen enough to where we have figured out what causes the problem. When will this issue be resolved?

Since patch 1.3.4 (I think this is when it started but I could be wrong) we have noticed that during OPS or Flashpoints there has been lag. When I say lag that does not just mean me. Everyone in a group and across instances of the Flashpoints/Ops have the problem at the sametime. We have verified this while using vent/mumble and by talking in general chat to other groups in Explosive Conflict. When we see the lag EVERYONE sees it at the sametime. This is easy to recreate by just spending sometime in a flashpoint or Ops. Our theory on what is causing the problem is that it happens when a new instance is created and/or when a group wipes and runs back in. We do not have a way to prove that but I assume that you guys have the tools to see if that is what is happening. When will this problem be fixed?

Miralukas (not sure if other species) are still not able to show the headslot item. We can show our hoods (if available) by turning off the head slot item but still not show the head slot item when turning the hoods back on again. This is taking a very long time to get fixed. I chose this species as a main with my class and am really bothered by how long it is taking to resolve this issue. Where do we stand with this?

Added by Drudenfusz

The Codex is in bad shape right now. What items exist and do not? The Codex getting a pass/cleaned would add content for people like me that like to complete everything. The codex has been in bad shape since the game launched. Is there any plan to resolve this? When can we expect this?

If anyone has anything they would like to add please let them know and make sure to give the bug as much detail as you can. Thanks guys and lets keep this going until we have some answers. Please keep it civil.

Edited by Duceman

If anyone has anything they would like to add please let them know and make sure to give the bug as much detail as you can. Thanks guys and lets keep this going until we have some answers. Please keep it civil.

The codex needs some work, fixing all the codex entries which should be available and remove entirely from the lists those which aren't.

The codex needs some work, fixing all the codex entries which should be available and remove entirely from the lists those which aren't.

OMG YES....how did I forget that one. I am a completionist (sp) and cannot believe I forgot that one. I want so bad to be able to go through my codex and find/complete everything but cannot because so many things do not exist that are in the codex. You know how much time and content this by itself would add for at least me and I am sure several other people? Where does this stand?

Would be nice if they could fix when the instances depopulate....

Quote from a post i have had up for over 2 months....

"BioWare are you ever going to fix when the instance depopulates and we get locked out for a 1/2 hour then have to re-clear EC trash?

This error "[server Admin]: Permission to enter on he1036, access denied: could not move player to selected area"

This has been a problem for months and nothing is ever said or done about it. I would think this is a major issue...."

Would be nice if they could fix when the instances depopulate....

Quote from a post i have had up for over 2 months....

"BioWare are you ever going to fix when the instance depopulates and we get locked out for a 1/2 hour then have to re-clear EC trash?

This error "[server Admin]: Permission to enter on he1036, access denied: could not move player to selected area"

This has been a problem for months and nothing is ever said or done about it. I would think this is a major issue...."

Thanks...anyone got anything? We need responses please active CM's.

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! I just wanted to step in and comment about some of these. We are always working on fixing bugs, and with large and complex projects such as an MMO, there will inevitably be issues that affect gameplay. Your reports are truly important, so please remember to use the in-game /bug feature to report problems you find, and when doing so, please be as specific and detailed as possible. Also, keep the Known Issues list in mind when you're wondering about a specific bug, but also please know that the list is not meant to be comprehensive of everything being worked on.

Flashpoints have not been rewarding our daily BH comms. When we get a group of 4 people together and then queue for a daily Hard Mode Flashpoint we will get the message to "Travel Now". When we click the travel now button it puts us into the instance and then the next thing we see is the "Travel Now" button again and our quest log will be filled with all of the Flashpoints quests. Once we complete the instance we will never get our BH daily rewards. Then we will have the "Travel Now" button appear again. When we leave the group after completing the instance we get the timer that says we cannot enter another flashpoint. We have to put a ticket in to get our BH comms and that ususally takes about a week. Can we please get this fixed quickly?

We are very aware of this recent issue with premade groups of 4 and are working on fixing it. Because it manifests in a few ways, including not giving commendations correctly, multiple popups, and incorrectly filling the Mission Log, we are spending extra time to test fixes before they are implemented.

When someone disconnects during a Flashpoint we will also have the problem with not getting our BH comms. Even if the person that disconnected gets reconnected to continue and finish the run we will not get our BH comms and have to put a ticket in. Then we have a week of waiting for our BH comms. This should not be a problem. When will this issue get resolved?

This is an issue that we are currently investigating. However, we are not able to provide an estimation about when it will be resolved. We understand it's frustrating to have to contact Customer Support to have your commendations, so as more information becomes available as to the status of this, we'll be sure to give you an update.

We have noticed during Eternity Vault when someone gets disconnected during Gharj that this boss will bug out and either he will reset or the platforms will reset and kill us all. Then the next fight the platforms will not even bother to spawn during the fight with Gharj. This is a bug we have seen since the launch of the game. Granted it will not happen everytime but it does happen enough to where we have figured out what causes the problem. When will this issue be resolved?

Thanks for this report! We've sent your details along to add to this issue's investigation. If you have more details about this please post them here. Does this only happen when someone is disconnected during the encounter? You mentioned it doesn’t happen every time, but can you give more of an estimate of how often it happens? Does it happen > 50% of the time, for instance?

Since patch 1.3.4 (I think this is when it started but I could be wrong) we have noticed that during OPS or Flashpoints there has been lag. When I say lag that does not just mean me. Everyone in a group and across instances of the Flashpoints/Ops have the problem at the sametime. We have verified this while using vent/mumble and by talking in general chat to other groups in Explosive Conflict. When we see the lag EVERYONE sees it at the sametime. This is easy to recreate by just spending sometime in a flashpoint or Ops. Our theory on what is causing the problem is that it happens when a new instance is created and/or when a group wipes and runs back in. We do not have a way to prove that but I assume that you guys have the tools to see if that is what is happening. When will this problem be fixed?

We have seen an increase in reports of lag spikes happening for groups as a whole during Operations and Flashpoints since 1.3 was released and it's been a top priority to identify the causes and resolve them. We have already identified a few optimizations and are looking at implementing them after they're fully tested, but unfortunately I can't provide a specific patch when they'll be ready to go in at this time.

We have been investigating the reports of instances either resetting or not allowing players back in, and we’ve found a couple of bugs in the system. We had rolled out a configuration change that should have mitigated one of them, but we have more permanent fixes coming during future maintenance periods.

The bug that prevents travel, either because of the “Server Admin” error or just being bounced back to character select with no error should be resolved with the next patch deploy. Unfortunately, there’s no workaround for that one, although it should be rare now that we’ve made configuration changes. If you do encounter it after the next patch, definitely let us know and we’ll look into it.

The other bug is with the way the instancing system works which would cause the instance to reset, but travel would appear to work fine. We’re going to try to get that fix out as soon as possible. In the meantime, as long as one member of the team stays in the instance (even if dead, just not released to the medical center) then your group shouldn’t be hit by this bug.

Edited by AmberGreen
color clean up :)

I just wanted to jump in and say... These lag spikes, and choppy play are happening in PvP as well (not just operations/flashpoints) at peak hours- ever since the server transfers took place. Confirmed through Vent with other group members from across the world.

We have seen an increase in reports of lag spikes happening for groups as a whole during Operations and Flashpoints since 1.3 was released and it's been a top priority to identify the causes and resolve them. We have already identified a few optimizations and are looking at implementing them after they're fully tested, but unfortunately I can't provide a specific patch when they'll be ready to go in at this time.

Hello everyone! I just wanted to step in and comment about some of these. We are always working on fixing bugs, and with large and complex projects such as an MMO, there will inevitably be issues that affect gameplay. Your reports are truly important, so please remember to use the in-game /bug feature to report problems you find, and when doing so, please be as specific and detailed as possible. Also, keep the Known Issues list in mind when you're wondering about a specific bug, but also please know that the list is not meant to be comprehensive of everything being worked on.

We are very aware of this recent issue with premade groups of 4 and are working on fixing it. Because it manifests in a few ways, including not giving commendations correctly, multiple popups, and incorrectly filling the Mission Log, we are spending extra time to test fixes before they are implemented.

This is an issue that we are currently investigating. However, we are not able to provide an estimation about when it will be resolved. We understand it's frustrating to have to contact Customer Support to have your commendations, so as more information becomes available as to the status of this, we'll be sure to give you an update.

Thanks for this report! We've sent your details along to add to this issue's investigation. If you have more details about this please post them here. Does this only happen when someone is disconnected during the encounter? You mentioned it doesn’t happen every time, but can you give more of an estimate of how often it happens? Does it happen > 50% of the time, for instance?

We have been investigating the reports of instances either resetting or not allowing players back in, and we’ve found a couple of bugs in the system. We had rolled out a configuration change that should have mitigated one of them, but we have more permanent fixes coming during future maintenance periods.

The bug that prevents travel, either because of the “Server Admin” error or just being bounced back to character select with no error should be resolved with the next patch deploy. Unfortunately, there’s no workaround for that one, although it should be rare now that we’ve made configuration changes. If you do encounter it after the next patch, definitely let us know and we’ll look into it.

The other bug is with the way the instancing system works which would cause the instance to reset, but travel would appear to work fine. We’re going to try to get that fix out as soon as possible. In the meantime, as long as one member of the team stays in the instance (even if dead, just not released to the medical center) then your group shouldn’t be hit by this bug.

Either the Sky is falling and im seeing fire rain down upon us, Or im seeing the infamous Yellow Text once more :p

Hey Amber,

I've got a quick question for you.... does the /bug tool now automatically record basic information requested in the how to submit a bug report instructions located here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=257#anchor4, or do players still need to input that information manually?

For ease of reference, the relevant portion of the instructions from that page...

4) Reporting bugs

You can report the bug from within the game by clicking on the "?" icon at the top of your screen or by typing ctrl+/ and creating a bug ticket.

To create a bug ticket you should select the following options once you’ve opened the Help Center:

Click on Request Help – then click on Create Ticket. On the pop-up that appears, please select the Bug Report Category.

Please note that this category should only be used to report bugs and not to report a serious problem that is stopping you from progressing in the game.

In order for us to be able to identify the issue causing the bug we would ask for you to provide as much of the following information as possible in the text box:•Client language (ie French/German/English)

•Server (ie Cosmic Turbine / Darth Malak)

•Planet/Area Name (Taris/ Nar Shaddaa)

•Coordinates (e.g. X: 23 Y: -175 Z: 200, you can get these by mousing over the arrow representing your character on the minimap)

•Character Name and Account Handle (Camaron, Camaronepixxx)

•Character Level / Class / Advanced class (Level 14, Sith Warrior, Juggernaut)

•Quest Name ( Gree: Hydro Supply)

•Quest stage (the quest text for the step you are currently on)

•Active Companion (Vette)

•Description of the bug.

Once you’ve provided all the information that you consider applicable, please click on Create Ticket. You’ll be provided with some related information on known bugs from the Help Center, if you don’t see the issue you are reporting there, please click on Submit Ticket again to confirm your report.

You can also report bugs via email to support@swtor.com – and you can include a screenshot (if applicable) with your mail. For email reports we ask that you provide the same level of detail as outlined above.

While we will not respond to a bug report except to acknowledge receipt, please be assured that we will investigate all bugs reported to us.

Your reports are truly important, so please remember to use the in-game /bug feature to report problems you find, and when doing so, please be as specific and detailed as possible.

Yeah well after reporting (about 3 times) my Tionese/Columi/Rakata Boots for sith inquisitor on alien races (Sith Pureblood, Rattakki, etc) showing corrupted graphics since patch 1.1.4, i feel like that is very much false..

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/EliteHunterDS/Screenshot_2012-07-03_17_22_30_513609.jpg

Screenshot to prove my point.

6 month old bug that could be fixed in less than 30min, piss me off.. and yes i do have knowledge of 3d modeling.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

THANK YOU for finally responding to this issue! It's nice to see all the communication this week from BioWare!

We usually do leave 1 person in the instance when we see the instance servers merging. but it never works. :(

On our server Corellian Run, our raid night would start off with 4-5 open instances and by the time we are locked out it is down to one.

We tried this last night before the servers went down.

Also we have reported this issue several times in game but the tickets get closed and deleted without any kind of human response.

Will you ever fix the bug that causes people to fall down around the reactor in The Esseles Flashpoint (Hard mode and Story mode) when using Force leap-type abilities (Force Leap, Guardian Leap, Zeleaous Leap, etc.)? If you fall down, you don't die and can't even use exit area as the game thinks you are moving and you are too far away to force leap back or have Sages pull you back up. Thus people are leaving group finder groups when that happens with no way to reinvite them (on a side note, it would be a good idea to allow group finder groups to manually invite replacements so they can re-invite people that had to leave the group because of bugs).

I know I have reported this bug multiple times in beta and live in the past year, and still nothing has been done about it.

Edited by Glzmo

From my perspective, the cause of the server lag is blatantly obvious. The server backbone cannot handle the population load. The server lag started before 1.3. It started when server transfers happened. Once the majority of the population of 11 servers were added to Drooga's(or other destination servers), the lag began.

It is always worse on nights of high server pop.

I'd love to eat crow on this issue and be proven that this, in fact, can be fixed with some type of optimization, but I fear it will be unfixable without a major upgrade to the server backbone, and may possibly get worse as an influx of F2P are added to server populations.

It is a game-killing issue and I pray it really is a top priority. Please keep us updated.

On the note of needing a CS to award your bh comms, I've had 2 guild-mates have their bh comms denied by a CS agent, while the rest of the guild got theirs from a different CS agent, after an OP which we failed to receive the comms. Since this is a known issue, it would be nice if there was some consistency in CS responses.

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

Yeah well after reporting (about 3 times) my Tionese/Columi/Rakata Boots for sith inquisitor on alien races (Sith Pureblood, Rattakki, etc) showing corrupted graphics since patch 1.1.4, i feel like that is very much false..

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/EliteHunterDS/Screenshot_2012-07-03_17_22_30_513609.jpg

Screenshot to prove my point.

6 month old bug that could be fixed in less than 30min, piss me off.. and yes i do have knowledge of 3d modeling.

Please do not get angry with me because you have probably done this but do you run the repair after every patch?

I wish my sorcerer boots looked like that to be honest. It's unique.

From my perspective, the cause of the server lag is blatantly obvious. The server backbone cannot handle the population load. The server lag started before 1.3. It started when server transfers happened. Once the majority of the population of 11 servers were added to Drooga's(or other destination servers), the lag began.

It is always worse on nights of high server pop.

I'd love to eat crow on this issue and be proven that this, in fact, can be fixed with some type of optimization, but I fear it will be unfixable without a major upgrade to the server backbone, and may possibly get worse as an influx of F2P are added to server populations.

It is a game-killing issue and I pray it really is a top priority. Please keep us updated.

On the note of needing a CS to award your bh comms, I've had 2 guild-mates have their bh comms denied by a CS agent, while the rest of the guild got theirs from a different CS agent, after an OP which we failed to receive the comms. Since this is a known issue, it would be nice if there was some consistency in CS responses.

Maybe they should assign customer service reps to each server so it might be more consistent.

Please keep in mind Gharj's reset is also caused when a group of players pulls the dogs out of the cave before him and knocks them off the ledge instead of killing them. If you pull Gharj while still in combat from the dogs, if the reset occurs which CAN put some of the dogs back in the tunnel it will reset the boss as well. (This happened to my group last night).

Edited by Blaac

Amber I can't tell you how awesome it is that you are responding to these. I think there is a lot of ridiculous behavior going on in this forum and yes there are things I'm not happy with in this game but for the most part I love it. I won't be canceling my sub anytime soon and if responses like this keep happening I hope many others stick around as well.

Hugs!

To add to the list of bugs: your game engine still bogs down with more than 10 players on the screen at once. Because of this, player gatherings and social events, whether they are PvP or attempts to just hang out in a cantina, are not fun. Edited by RobNightfall

We are always working on fixing bugs, and with large and complex projects such as an MMO, there will inevitably be issues that affect gameplay. Your reports are truly important, so please remember to use the in-game /bug feature to report problems you find, and when doing so, please be as specific and detailed as possible.

You know, once upon a time I would've believed that my bug reports were important. However, in the past couple of days as I've started leveling some new alts, I've rediscovered some Tython bugs that I reported way back during closed beta. The issues are still not fixed.

I'm sorry, but 8 or 9 months is plenty long enough to fix these things, even in a complex project such as an MMO. I keep track of every bug I report and there are plenty of bugs that simply aren't being addressed. Some even impact the ability to play the game and yet I only get a "thanks, we've passed it on..." response and nothing ever comes of it.

I wish it weren't true, but inaction speaks louder than words. I read patch notes looking specifically for fixes to bugs I've reported. Sure, some bugs are (thankfully) addressed, but it is extremely frustrating for me as a player to keep encountering the same bugs time and again on every character I decide to level. 8, 9 months and nothing? To be honest, I feel like I've been paying to beta test the game all this time, so recently I decided it's just not worth my time to report bugs.

What about the issue where the actual selected target that you attack is DIFFERENT to the one you have visibly selected when using the TAB key. My friend complained a lot about this and I thought it was just because she was new to MMOs, but now it's happening to me, a lot. I press TAB, the enemy in front of me is targetted then I attack and it attacks a random mob off to the side or in a group I'm not even attacking. This doesn't happen every time, but it's now happening often enough to be very frustrating.

Hello everyone! I just wanted to step in and comment about some of these.

Amber, thank you (and the team) for taking the team to let us know what was happening with these issues. While they're in themselves frustrating, it really does help to know the current status, especially that they've been acknowledged and are being actively worked on.

I've got a fond dream of your bug tracking system being able to present a "public" view, allowing us to see the issues and provide additional data to help the issues be resolved. But I realise this probably way beyond practical, and providing the community with this kind of feedback really is the next best thing. :)