White and Black dye from the Cartel Market

Vodamin

Yeah.... 1000 coins for something like that... No thank you...

BioWare, why you make the dyes we want random drop out of packs? Why? That's cruel and mean and gambling!

We demand that you give us a way to buy them outright from the CM, even if it's a bit pricey! RAWR!

BioWare implements that request...

BioWare, WHY are the good dyes so expensive to buy outright? WHY?

BioWare producers facepalm.

Edited by DarthTHC

The question should rather be why they implemented the Dye Slot system in the first place when instead they could have implemented a coloring terminal similiar to the Appearance Designer where one can change colors on their items via a slide. People would then have to pay per color, but at least every color would be available to them, in whatever combination they wanted instead of having fixed color packs. This would have been so much easier. Even DC Universe Online has this for Christ's sake.

A single use for 10 dollars :ph_lol:

Thanks for the info tho.

I bought one which I will subsequently sell on the GTN when they become rare again.

It was a simple investment of real cash for in-game money.

On the other hand, there are plenty of times when there have been no white/black, black/white, white/white or black/black dyes available on my server so I can understand why some would buy them to use them.

Also, some have jobs that take up alot of their time and that means that grinding for the millions of credits that you have to pay for one on the GTN pales in comparison to paying 10$ for one :)

The question should rather be why they implemented the Dye Slot system in the first place when instead they could have implemented a coloring terminal similiar to the Appearance Designer where one can change colors on their items via a slide. People would then have to pay per color, but at least every color would be available to them, in whatever combination they wanted instead of having fixed color packs. This would have been so much easier. Even DC Universe Online has this for Christ's sake.

I agree that the Dye system is flawed because of the rarity of some of the colours.

Unfortunately I also forsee a s**tstorm if they ever change it because of the people who have spent millions of credits on buying that one rare dye (Because you know that there are alot of people out there who only buy stuff because it is rare so they can show off)

I bought one which I will subsequently sell on the GTN when they become rare again.

It was a simple investment of real cash for in-game money.

On the other hand, there are plenty of times when there have been no white/black, black/white, white/white or black/black dyes available on my server so I can understand why some would buy them to use them.

Also, some have jobs that take up alot of their time and that means that grinding for the millions of credits that you have to pay for one on the GTN pales in comparison to paying 10$ for one :)

Agreed, having the option to grind for creds or use real cash is good.

BioWare, why you make the dyes we want random drop out of packs? Why? That's cruel and mean and gambling!

We demand that you give us a way to buy them outright from the CM, even if it's a bit pricey! RAWR!

Isn't that expected from this community? :t_eek:

The single use dye costs more than the game.

End of argument.

Pretty sure that doesn't end the debate. People pay for convenience. Don't want to pay 1,000 CCs for a dye pack? Just don't. If enough people don't, they will drop the price eventually.

They can't.

They've painted themselves in a corner. They can't drastically reduce the costs without pissing off the 4 people who bought them at an arm and a leg.

The single use dye costs more than the game.

End of argument.

Not really. You can play the game for free and you can download the game for free, but the game actually has a price if you go to a store...

Not to mention the fact that you could count the subscription fee as the price of the game since F2P do not get access to the complete features of the game...

They can't.

They've painted themselves in a corner. They can't drastically reduce the costs without pissing off the 4 people who bought them at an arm and a leg.

Sure they can. Early adapters pay more. I paid $50 for this game at retail. Now it's a free download. Even if I find one of those mystical retail boxes again, they only cost $10-15.

I also bought the DDE. It cost me $5. I don't remember what it cost originally, but it was more than $5.

I paid $10 for RotHC. That's free now.

Items get marked down in the CM all the time.

Adjustments happen. Things aren't set in stone once they are implemented. If this scheme proves unpopular, they will either stop doing it, or drop prices. If it has worked well for them, we will know, because they will offer the deal again later at the same price.

Not really. You can play the game for free and you can download the game for free, but the game actually has a price if you go to a store...

Not to mention the fact that you could count the subscription fee as the price of the game since F2P do not get access to the complete features of the game...

There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription.

Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

By comparison, with the gold conversion rate in GW2, a black or white dye(both colors are similarly rare when compared with SWTOR) is about 50 cents, a single use consumable, but unlocks that color for repeated use in a palette on that character that used it into perpetuity.

Oh, and you could actually obtain it in game as a random drop or thru crafting, though very rare.

Edited by ImpactHound

There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription.

Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

<insert luxury item argument here>

Being bored, I was perusing the forums while waiting on my 5:30 class to convene when I ran across this gem of a post. In it is so much silly bias that it has to be a troll as I can't imagine anyone actually being this arrogant in truth.

So. I'm saving it for all of posterity. Congratulations.

Being bored, I was perusing the forums while waiting on my 5:30 class to convene when I ran across this gem of a post. In it is so much silly bias that it has to be a troll as I can't imagine anyone actually being this arrogant in truth.

So. I'm saving it for all of posterity. Congratulations.

Hey, I could do one better and come up with an Andryah-like sig....

"I'm a super genius!" Stephen Hawking

"So am I!" CosmicKat

• 10 months later...

As a subscriber, if I was to decide I wanted that dye, I would simply wait two months to get the free CCs and buy it with those. Alternately, I could use the 10k CCs I already have saved up.