The Alliance must disband...Now.

Rhys_lightning

Clans Ordo, Itera, Kelborn, and Cadera all opposed Mandalore the Vindicated's decision join the Empire and all wanted to join with the Republic and fight against the Empire. It was a big enough deal that it got its own name, the Crusader's Schism, and was called the war between the clans. You don't think that justifies saying that support for the Empire among the Mandalorian clans was far from universal? Saying that Shae only supports either peace or the Empire, but not the Republic, is a bit of a reach. Especially since Shae has no problem working with, and later joining, a Republic character; a meeting that only occurs after it is set up by a former Republic SIS agent. From what little we've seen of 6.0 so far seems to suggest that that relationship only deepens, too. Further, Shae expresses her desire to be done with war. Something that would never happen if the clans remained allied with the Empire, and her comments seem to reflect that she is well aware of that fact.

Also, don't forget that Mandalore the Vindicated never defeated Jicoln. He failed repeatedly. All of his numerous bounties failed repeatedly. It took plot armor to bring down Jicoln.

I completly agree with you, As to mandalore the avenger ( Visla) in lore she actually started working with the Jedi...so technically a mandalorian bh, is obliged under mando rules to follow. She is our new warrior queen. The old king is dead. Where mandalore goes..we follow. Its why my Mando Bh's all went and helped the pubs. Plus, she is a merc..she really doesn't care about politics..she did care about Torian's ( her husband) clan and why he fought Vindicated. So its a matter of honour. Plus the Alliance is a good thing...why put in all the work just to have it busted up ><. Although really..my hunter really doesn't care about leading the galaxy..she would give it to Shae Visla if she could. :):D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completly agree with you, As to mandalore the avenger ( Visla) in lore she actually started working with the Jedi...so technically a mandalorian bh, is obliged under mando rules to follow. She is our new warrior queen. The old king is dead. Where mandalore goes..we follow. Its why my Mando Bh's all went and helped the pubs. Plus, she is a merc..she really doesn't care about politics..she did care about Torian's ( her husband) clan and why he fought Vindicated. So its a matter of honour. Plus the Alliance is a good thing...why put in all the work just to have it busted up ><. Although really..my hunter really doesn't care about leading the galaxy..she would give it to Shae Visla if she could. :):D

lmao if that's the way you want to play it let us challenge her for the helmet.

Op you do not speak for everyone, you may not want the Alliance around to be a third faction but some others disagree and quite like the idea of not rejoining the Empire or Republic but staying in the Alliance. I for one like the Alliance and I have a few characters from both sides who are quite happy being in the alliance a third faction and they have no intention of rejoining the Republic or Empire

Alliance is nothing but the "Inqusition of SWTOR". And as Inquisition had gone after it became needless, so must Alliance. For the only purpose of the Alliance was to end tyranny of Eternal Throne.

My personal Alliance should be disbanded right after Zakuul said to it's own Empress (dark side eding) that they want to go on their own (which is ridiculous, BioWare, whereis your logic?). TO EMPRESS! O Stars, BioWare, wat a hell was that.

I'm sorry for perfet english.

fine, if we are stuck with that USELESS Alliance ******** , can we at least stop being called COMMANDER ?

This isn't Mass effect . We had TITLES. Bring them back . we earned those by BLOOD, by working and being back stabbed .

I find the alliance pretty useless . We are supposed to be a 'Faction'', but really . What do we do ? Run around doing errand for the side we decided to join ? God..it suck .

I want to keep my alliance, thank you very much. And this is coming from someone that didn't particularly like it at first. But, even if I still didn't like it, I definitely wouldn't suggest forcing others from having their alliance. I also love the saboteur story-line. I have a ds sith warrior who, after everything the empire/emperor has put him through, just wants to see its destruction. He'll use the republic to get it there, he don't care. So long as it dies. I've also played him as being kind of fascinated with republic ideology. If I couldn't be a saboteur his character would feel amiss and probably be unplayable. Same for my ls agent considering she was alrdy a double agent for the republic. I would like it if she eventually got to switch sides completely and 'retire' with Theron or something. I suggest giving saboteur a try, instead of just condemning it, particularly with a ds character. It's incredibly entertaining and I honestly feel saboteur had more freedom with their decisions. Its a lot of fun! I have yet to play a republic saboteur so I can't attest to that, but the empire version was awesome.

And, my hope, is that the alliance is a permanent thing for those that want it. It seemed like you were able to make some decisions that benefited your alliance rather than your allied faction. Which was great! Honestly this expansion was short, but I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for the next one. Too bad its not replayable like kotfe and kotet... I'd like to take my sith through again.

fine, if we are stuck with that USELESS Alliance ******** , can we at least stop being called COMMANDER ?

This isn't Mass effect . We had TITLES. Bring them back . we earned those by BLOOD, by working and being back stabbed .

I find the alliance pretty useless . We are supposed to be a 'Faction'', but really . What do we do ? Run around doing errand for the side we decided to join ? God..it suck .

I recommend that you play through Onslaught to the end.

because you are upset --

here is a little bit of info --

Only loyalists can rejoin their original faction. That said, saboteurs who DON'T sabotage their faction's Corellia mission can choose to stop being saboteurs; if they do, they also get the option to rejoin their original faction.

Did you do that ? If not -- IF you haven't played it yet -- this is a way to get back "to faction" --- good luck

No info on whether or not we will get this chance again -- so take if you want it, while you can

the story and the game are not over yet --- we will have to wait and see what happens ( who knows what will happen later on? )

I disagree. My agent hates the Empire and was happy to join the republic. And I just wish she actually could instead of being a double agent.

the title commander is appropriate because WE are the commander of the Alliance and I don't find the alliance lame, I like the alliance because we are not part of the Republic/Jedi/Empire/Sith. We are independent from both and answer to no one and are part of a different faction and those of us who likes the alliance should be allowed to continue to stay independent of the Republic/Jedi/Empire/Sith and not join if we don't want to. My mains the ones I focus on more SI/Jedi Knight/Jedi Consular/ Imperial Agent/Sith Warrior they refused to rejoin their respective governments and council and remained Independent and yet help when or if asked. I do not find the alliance useless and I'm probably not the only one to think so

Another reason I like the Alliance is that you can have and use companions that are not of your story ie from the jedi knight, trooper, imp agent, etc. I think it should be that way that we can use and keep all the companions from the different stories

Edited by Zeerastul

• 1 month later...

Well for me, I prefer to be commander more than Join The Republic or Sith For me I want to be a peacekeeper to stop both sides from raging a war that causes a million live. I want to be the middleman to prevent them from useless war.

But,well I have to choose with side I have to support during Onslaugh , but my choice to Sabatage will cause the alliance to be a part of empire to sabotage even I want to remain the alliance.

What a tragic

<<even Khomo in Chapter 14 FE would rather attack the Empire than fight for them).>>

This conversation only happens if you take an Imperial class character thru the story.

If you take a Pub character thru this chapter, the dialogue says "republic" bunker rather than "imperial" bunker.

I know, I've taken too many characters thru the whole schmeer.

:D

I would like to keep my Alliance, thank you very much. I loved KOTFE/KOTET, I love the Alliance, I love being a Commander, I love not having to be a pawn of the Republic or Empire, and I love that my Commander has brought people from both sides together. I hope the Alliance stays in future expansions (unless they come up with a really good reason for the Alliance to go away. But even then, I think that choice should be up to the player).

Please stop trying to speak for other players.

So far only my Jedi Knight played Onslaught. It was a hard choice, but at the end I decided to go Republic. Rebuilding the Jedi Order is a big deal for him. Head cannon has Lana take command of Odessen. Theron becomes Senator. Senya and Arcann go to Voss for sanctuary and help rebuild. Gault Rennow goes to work in SIS. Torian returns to the Mandalorians who aren't friends of the Republic but at least aren't enemies. The Commander earned their respect. Koth remains on Odessen as Lana's Second. When eventually my other characters play I see my Sith Warrior, Hunter, Smuggler, and Agent choose remaining independent. My Sith Sorcerer will return to the Dark Council. My Jedi Consular and Trooper will return to the Republic. I might change my mind for Trooper.

I would like to keep my Alliance, thank you very much. I loved KOTFE/KOTET, I love the Alliance, I love being a Commander, I love not having to be a pawn of the Republic or Empire, and I love that my Commander has brought people from both sides together. I hope the Alliance stays in future expansions (unless they come up with a really good reason for the Alliance to go away. But even then, I think that choice should be up to the player).

Please stop trying to speak for other players.

Ditto here as I like the idea of not having to bow to Acina or deal with the politics of the Senate. When I went through the class stories the first time, almost all of my toons were a bit rebellious to their respective factions, and with the Alliance, they can do things their way. I don't even mind the 'Commander' title.

I thought about it before the "Onslaught". Even wrote a similar post.

In my version:

Depending on who you sided with Empire, or Republic comes to attack you. Empire, if you are Republic loyalist, OR Imperial saboteur, and Republic, if you are Imperial loyalist, or Republic saboteur. At the end of it the opposite faction saves your life.

During the attack certain companions turns against you. Romanced Lana/Theron always remain loyal, and Lana stays no matter what. She knows, that the Empire will not forgive her. Ever.

After the attack the saboteur path ends. You become full member of your chosen faction.

After that it's kinda up to debate, but i would advance the whole galaxy. Basically whenever you try to land on a planet you can chose between 1. war, and 2. war phases.

Edited by irrevelant
expanding a bit

The next time someone calls Darth Nox "Commander", he should burn them with lighting.

It's weird how the story is so clearly tailored toward jedi/sith characters moreso than the criminals/soldiers/agents, yet they can't get a 'Darth', 'milord' and such in place of 'commander'

I like the alliance. for my main trooper character it's how he plans on making the republic a better place, a force for freedom and peace that helps out the needy and is perfectly willing to work alongside the republic to go with that goal.

For my main inquisitor it's to give him his own power base against other rivals and bring more equal opportunity to the empire for other species and using those reforms eventually rejoin with the empire proper with the alliance being his personal power base and eventually conquer the galaxy for himself and anyone loyal to him.

Plus for all intents and purposes you own odessen and I rather like that planet.

I thought about it before the "Onslaught". Even wrote a similar post.

In my version:

Depending on who you sided with Empire, or Republic comes to attack you. Empire, if you are imperial loyalist, OR Republic saboteur, and Republic, if you are Republic loyalist, or Imperial saboteur. At the end of it the opposite faction saves your life.

>Depending on who you sided with Empire, or Republic comes to attack you. Empire, if you are imperial loyalist

But it's make no sense, why would they attack my SW after all what he do for them? :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02: It even sounds ridiculous. You can say - the Empire is evil. I will answer. Firstly, I do not agree. Secondly, what you offer is the level of cartoon villains, not Asina, and even more so Vowrawn.

>Depending on who you sided with Empire, or Republic comes to attack you. Empire, if you are imperial loyalist

But it's make no sense, why would they attack my SW after all what he do for them? :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02: It even sounds ridiculous. You can say - the Empire is evil. I will answer. Firstly, I do not agree. Secondly, what you offer is the level of cartoon villains, not Asina, and even more so Vowrawn.

Messed up. I meant, that Empire attack if you are Imperial saboteur, or Republic loyalist. Point is, that you piss off one of the factions, and they wish to eliminate you for it. Either learning, that you are double playing as saboteur, or openly supporting the opposite faction.

I also believe the disbanding of the Alliance is far overdue. I main a Knight, I want to be a Jedi, the Battlemaster, do good work for the Order and the good of the galaxy. I would never keep the Alliance as it is if I had a choice.

Now, on to the "you peaked, now its only downhill" is actually a cool concept.

Imagine if the Alliance faces a crisis during the end of the war, ends up either disbanded or destroyed beyond repair. The PC gets the blame for it, or for some other ridiculous war crime and we end Onslaught as a pariah hated by everyone with few allies who still trust us. Next expansion we'll buid the trust between the PC and the Republic/Empire slowly, proving our innocence, and going back to the status quo post-Class storylines so I can go back to being a cool space monk and not the absolute leader of an entire faction I did not ask for

I also believe the disbanding of the Alliance is far overdue. I main a Knight, I want to be a Jedi, the Battlemaster, do good work for the Order and the good of the galaxy. I would never keep the Alliance as it is if I had a choice.

Now, on to the "you peaked, now its only downhill" is actually a cool concept.

Imagine if the Alliance faces a crisis during the end of the war, ends up either disbanded or destroyed beyond repair. The PC gets the blame for it, or for some other ridiculous war crime and we end Onslaught as a pariah hated by everyone with few allies who still trust us. Next expansion we'll buid the trust between the PC and the Republic/Empire slowly, proving our innocence, and going back to the status quo post-Class storylines so I can go back to being a cool space monk and not the absolute leader of an entire faction I did not ask for

To be honest i hate the force-lose scenarios. But it is entirely acceptable, that whichever faction you ***sed off would attack your little base, and the attack would force your alliance to disband.

After that you are no longer the commander, but more like whatever class you got. Where you go next is a different matter.