emperor palpatine and order 66

has anyone though about this topic?like really REALLY THOUGH about it?

because there is one thing i would like to know,how does emperor palpatine trick the clones into order 66?

like do the clones know about ,and the order was emplanted in their mind during growth.and if they did,how did obi wan and all the other jedi not sense it?or was it like "(emperor palpatine speaking) now listen you pathic fools,the jedi are traders to the republic,and you will gain their trust, then when i give the command,you will kill them.all of them." or is there some thing else going on and i'm just really clueless and dumb enogh to figure it out?

because there is one thing i would like to know,how does emperor palpatine trick the clones into order 66?

like do the clones know about ,and the order was emplanted in their mind during growth.and if they did,how did obi wan and all the other jedi not sense it?or was it like "(emperor palpatine speaking) now listen you pathic fools,the jedi are traders to the republic,and you will gain their trust, then when i give the command,you will kill them.all of them." or is there some thing else going on and i'm just really clueless and dumb enogh to figure it out?

you don't know the power of the dark side!

There were "orders" for each possible problem that could arise. 65 I think it was, was the order given if the Supreme Chancellor betrayed the republic. So even though it was always his intention to use the command, he was smart to embed it in amongst all the other possible commands.

The question is, why didn't the Jedi use it first? Arrogant that they could take him alone?

Order 66 was a "general order." All modern militaries have them. They exist to deal with specific situations that a soldier may encounter and frequently supersede all other types of orders. Sidious simply had 66 added to the list. The Jedi either didn't know about the order or thought they would never have to worry about it. All Sidious did was invoke an order that was set-up to become an overriding prerogative once it was invoked. Edited by RobNightfall

The Jedi could not sense it because the clones did not have any dark intentions. As far as they knew the Jedi were enemies of the Republic. Also, yeah there were a lot of code orders. This one got overlooked.

Not to mention the dark force cloud that Yoda talked about all the time. No one listens to Yoda.

I don't think the clones had to be 'tricked' at all. The Jedi are terrible leaders. Since they're usually the focus of the story, it's easy to identify with them, but if you take a step back, you can see why the clones wouldn't be thrilled with them anyway.

It's a modern military, yet the Jedi have them doing cavalry charges and running en masse at enemy emplacements. The Jedi go too... but the Jedi are nigh-invulnerable, able to sweet blaster fire aside and dodge with uncanny foresight. The clones they lead just get shot.

In AotC, Mace Windu gets a squad of specially trained commandos. What does he do with them? Do they sneak around, and catch the enemy where they're not looking? Nope; he leads these stealthy demolition experts on a madcap charge to the front lines.

The Jedi are endlessly confident and endlessly reckless. Yoda himself says as much. They answer not to the people of the Republic or any other authority, but instead to a mystical power beyond non-Jedi comprehension. Why should they get to throw people's lives away just because they can make rocks float in the air? Why should they be given command of armies when they have no experience or training in leading them?

There were "orders" for each possible problem that could arise. 65 I think it was, was the order given if the Supreme Chancellor betrayed the republic. So even though it was always his intention to use the command, he was smart to embed it in amongst all the other possible commands.

The question is, why didn't the Jedi use it first? Arrogant that they could take him alone?

Well is order 65 G cannon or C cannon.

I don't think the clones had to be 'tricked' at all. The Jedi are terrible leaders. Since they're usually the focus of the story, it's easy to identify with them, but if you take a step back, you can see why the clones wouldn't be thrilled with them anyway.

It's a modern military, yet the Jedi have them doing cavalry charges and running en masse at enemy emplacements. The Jedi go too... but the Jedi are nigh-invulnerable, able to sweet blaster fire aside and dodge with uncanny foresight. The clones they lead just get shot.

In AotC, Mace Windu gets a squad of specially trained commandos. What does he do with them? Do they sneak around, and catch the enemy where they're not looking? Nope; he leads these stealthy demolition experts on a madcap charge to the front lines.

The Jedi are endlessly confident and endlessly reckless. Yoda himself says as much. They answer not to the people of the Republic or any other authority, but instead to a mystical power beyond non-Jedi comprehension. Why should they get to throw people's lives away just because they can make rocks float in the air? Why should they be given command of armies when they have no experience or training in leading them?

Your gonna get it now....inb4jediworshipers.

there clones are given it by a type of bran washing when they are being educated

He didn't trick them, only the chancellor had direct access to the Comm Channel he used in RotS to contact the clones, the clones were bred to follow orders without question from the chancellor, as such he was able to give the command without the Jedi even knowing.

Order 66: In the event of Jedi officers acting against the interests of the Republic, and after receiving specific orders verified as coming directly from the Supreme Commander (Chancellor), GAR commanders will remove those officers by lethal force, and command of the GAR will revert to the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) until a new command structure is established.

They were simply following orders...sort of like the mindless droids they'd spent 3 years fighting.

Quote from Wookieepedia: At 2100 hours local time, on the one thousandth, eighty-ninth day of the Clone Wars[1] (16:5:22), Palpatine retired to his private office in the Republic Executive Building, activated his comm unit and issued Order 66. He employed a channel that would make the authenticity of the order unquestionable, but ironically, the signal was encrypted using a Separatist code – one of the rare giveaways that he was in fact the hidden hand behind both sides of the war.

More info here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66

The oldest Survivors of Order 66 were K'kruhk who became a member of the High Council during the time of the New Jedi Order approximately 100 years following the Battle of Endor, and A'sharad Hett, a Jedi Knight turned Sith Lord Darth Krayt who founded the One Sith, killed by Cade Skywalker.

A Neti Jedi Master also survived and served on the High Council with K'kruhk.

Edited by pbraden

He didn't trick them, only the chancellor had direct access to the Comm Channel he used in RotS to contact the clones, the clones were bred to follow orders without question from the chancellor.

Correction: they were bred and trained to follow orders and the chain of command. At the top of the chain of command is the Supreme Commander. Through emergency powers gathered during the war, Palpatine ended up becoming the Supreme Commander of the GAR. Also, there is some debate over whether it was training, brain washing, or ingrained indoctrination through genetics.

It was bred-in. in the movies the kamino-ans(idk how you spell it) told obi-wan that the clones are made to perfectly follow orders. And because Palpatine is the official leader of the republic(remember, he was granted the emergency powers that gave him complete control over the republic) , the clones will follow his every command. Plus I believe that Palpatine was planning this even before episode one.(edit: made this post before the person above me editted his~~) Edited by TheLordNashtah

You know that nothing about that changed in the Empire, when Imperial Officers took command. (Well, the officers weren't at the front line, exept in heavy armored vehicles.) And the droids used exactly the same tactics.

It's not the Jedi's fault that military tactics in the Star Wars universe seem underdeveloped.

By the way the Jedi do answer to the Republic. They have sworn loyalty to the Republic long ago. You remember Obi-Wan? "Anakin, my allegience is with the Republic, with democracy!"

And who placed the Jedi in command of the clones? Who did it? Not the Jedi themselves. Either Palpatine or the Senate.

By the way the Jedi do answer to the Republic. They have sworn loyalty to the Republic long ago. You remember Obi-Wan? "Anakin, my allegience is with the Republic, with democracy!"

That, and after the New Sith Wars the Ruusan Reformations placed the Jedi Order under the purview of the Supreme Chancellor and the Judicial Department.

You know that nothing about that changed in the Empire, when Imperial Officers took command. (Well, the officers weren't at the front line, exept in heavy armored vehicles.) And the droids used exactly the same tactics.

The droids were marshaled by accountants, and the clones by religious leaders, but the clones had the benefit of human intellect to figure out that they were terrible bosses and not be upset to lose them.

Not much changed, in the end, but the sense that the clones would have all rebelled against their proper chain of command in order to support the religious nutjobs who had been incompetently middle-managing them in the trenches is affording the Jedi far more personal charisma than I think most ever demonstrated.

I agree with everything in this post! If you haven't, read all the Republic/Imperial Commando books by Karen Traviss. They are great reads, and really illustrate the plight of the clone spec forces, and give you a good point of view. This is why my sniper, while nearly all LS, takes DS to kill Sith, as often as he can. Some Jedi *Read: Bardan Jusik* are OK, but most of them are glory hounds. To quote Captain Ordo Skirata concerning Kenobi "Cody may think the sun shines out of his hear, but I think he's a glory hound who wastes to many men" (Not verbatim). The Jedi just need to get their heads out of their shebs and realize that they are leading a slave army. *End rant*

If you haven't, read all the Republic/Imperial Commando books by Karen Traviss.

What, you mean the author who created Jedi characters that weren't Jedi, but Mandalorian fetishists?

Who used her works to force her anti-Jedi agenda on the readers by having her characters all spout her anti-Jedi views.

They are great reads, and really illustrate the plight of the clone spec forces, and give you a good point of view.

They only give the Traviss point of view.

Some Jedi *Read: Bardan Jusik* are OK, but most of them are glory hounds.

I suppose the other Jedi whom you deem to be OK are, like Jusik, also creations of Traviss.

Traviss is the only one to have characters calling the Jedi "Glory Hounds", and doesn't actually provide any proof.

To quote Captain Ordo Skirata concerning Kenobi "Cody may think the sun shines out of his hear, but I think he's a glory hound who wastes to many men" (Not verbatim).

Skirata, another Traviss creation.

The only times Jedi are denegrated and misrepresented in a manner contrary to the truth (concerning their conduct and manner during the Clone Wars), is by Traviss and her characters, even when they're supposedly Jedi ones too.

The Jedi just need to get their heads out of their shebs and realize that they are leading a slave army. *End rant*

A "slave" army that they didn't know about, and actively encourage their individuality as living beings, instead of treating them as disposable cannon fodder.

Edited by Fyurii

I agree with everything in this post! If you haven't, read all the Republic/Imperial Commando books by Karen Traviss. They are great reads, and really illustrate the plight of the clone spec forces, and give you a good point of view. This is why my sniper, while nearly all LS, takes DS to kill Sith, as often as he can. Some Jedi *Read: Bardan Jusik* are OK, but most of them are glory hounds. To quote Captain Ordo Skirata concerning Kenobi "Cody may think the sun shines out of his hear, but I think he's a glory hound who wastes to many men" (Not verbatim). The Jedi just need to get their heads out of their shebs and realize that they are leading a slave army. *End rant*

You also have to take into account that the Council was in debate (even if we don't agree with it IRL , see it in that universe) that the clones weren't human and could be used as fodder to end the war fast. Some Jedi didn't take this view and actually cared about their clones , thus why some of the clones refused to follow the order. Others squandered their clones in sensless battles and were heavlily disliked by their clones ( Mundui was one of them with the worste death ratio of all Jedi commanders)

What, you mean the author who created Jedi characters that weren't Jedi, but Mandalorian fetishists?

Who used her works to force her anti-Jedi agenda on the readers by having her characters all spout her anti-Jedi views.

They only give the Traviss point of view.

Some Jedi *Read: Bardan Jusik* are OK, but most of them are glory hounds.

I suppose the other Jedi whom you deem to be OK are, like Jusik, also creations of Traviss.

Traviss is the only one to have characters calling the Jedi "Glory Hounds", and doesn't actually provide any proof.

Skirata, another Traviss creation.

The only times Jedi are denegrated and misrepresented in a manner contrary to the truth (concerning their conduct and manner during the Clone Wars), is by Traviss and her characters, even when they're supposedly Jedi ones too.

A "slave" army that they didn't know about, and actively encourage their individuality as living beings, instead of treating them as disposable cannon fodder.

Even if you don't like it much , the films show the Jedi in general show a certain care for their clones lives. In most cases they don't view the clones as sentient beings , but as tools "grown" for the Clone Wars. Its in the CW cartoon which is G-Canon. In the Traviss books , it just shows a different side of the Jedi order and how some went into hiding. Later Jania finds a few Mando's that were actually Jedi or Jedi decendants that escaped the Purge.

Either way , its still a good read.

Even if you don't like it much , the films show the Jedi in general show a certain care for their clones lives. In most cases they don't view the clones as sentient beings , but as tools "grown" for the Clone Wars. Its in the CW cartoon which is G-Canon.

Where is it shown that the Jedi regard the Clones as tools?

(Btw, T-Canon. Not G-Canon.)

In the Traviss books , it just shows a different side of the Jedi order and how some went into hiding. Later Jania finds a few Mando's that were actually Jedi or Jedi decendants that escaped the Purge.

Either way , its still a good read.

How many of those Jedi that found refuge with the Mandalorians appeared outside of her books before she used them?

Disregard Traviss when it comes to depictions of Jedi, and especially Jaina.

For some bizarre and completely unexplained reason, the Jedi whom pioneered most of the ways of combatting the Yuuzhan Vong suddenly was incapable of fighting an opponent that couldn't be sensed through the Force, and seemed to have inexplicably lost all her years of fighting skill.

To top it off, for reasons beyond comprehension she had Jaina go to the Mandalorians to learn how to defeat a Sith. Not her uncle Luke Skywalker, the greatest Jedi to have lived and most experienced member of the Jedi Order when it comes to combatting the Dark Side and its practitioners, but Space Vikings/Spartans/Hero Farmers who have an incredible record of failure against the Jedi Order in the past, and never even fought the Sith.

I think the same thing, but their military tactics never got much better. Just look at the assault on the Tantive IV