Pre-Mades in Reg Warzones

chosonman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZZZZZ time to quit playing until I find a match that isn't premade. Makes it un-fun for solo players. BIo please tone down the tank/healer handcuff please.

I can't entirely disagree with the healer/tank combo, especially when the tank is good and guard switches on top of spamming taunts. Your DPS on that healer is effectively nil, and nobody dies.

As for pre-mades? Try becoming a better player then you get invited to join them. If not, make a group of your own or join a guild.

As for pre-mades? Try becoming a better player then you get invited to join them. If not, make a group of your own or join a guild.

Become a pug farmer or be farmed eh?

Or just quit, which most do and ultimately makes the most sense.

Edited by MotorCityMan

Can't kill *****... ZZZZZ time to quit playing until I find a match that isn't premade. Makes it un-fun for solo players. BIo please tone down the tank/healer handcuff please.

Please do not speak for all solo players.

I mainly queue alone as I have an inbuilt dislike of guilds and the real life chatter which is of zero interest to me, but, pre-mades are not a problem at all.

It is poor play and a total lack of tactical and strategic awareness by the majority of "wannabes" that is.

Please do not speak for all solo players.

I mainly queue alone as I have an inbuilt dislike of guilds and the real life chatter which is of zero interest to me, but, pre-mades are not a problem at all.

It is poor play and a total lack of tactical and strategic awareness by the majority of "wannabes" that is.

No our team had premade vs their premade. The game ended being a wiffle ball fest. No one died on either side. Boring as hell.

its more likely this. tank healer combos might contribute to it. but its more the players skill level that determines how well it performs. and how your skill level is to overcome it

its more likely this. tank healer combos might contribute to it. but its more the players skill level that determines how well it performs. and how your skill level is to overcome it

Everyone who joins regs is not going to have team-speak and good coordination with the rest of his team. That's a pretty lofty expectation for an 8v8 Pug match. I can tell you that we had skilled players on our side as well but there's a limit to what skill can overcome. 3 tanks 3 healers is one of those things that's hard to overcome especially in a cap map.

Edited by chosonman

Become a pug farmer or be farmed eh?

Or just quit, which most do and ultimately makes the most sense.

I don't know. I mostly play solo against and sometimes with pre-mades and do fine. It's only rough when my team lacks a healer or is brain dead, but if you are not prepared to deal the luck of the draw then why are you not forming your own group?

Everyone who joins regs is not going to have team-speak and good coordination with the rest of his team. That's a pretty lofty expectation for an 8v8 Pug match. I can tell you that we had skilled players on our side as well but there's a limit to what skill can overcome. 3 tanks 3 healers is one of those things that's hard to overcome especially in a cap map.

And yet when I see certain good players on my team when I zone in I know the opposing team will have a good fight on their hands regardless of whether or not it is a pre-made. And other times when I see a bunch of names I don't recognize with health numbers in the 28K range, I know it will be a tough round for me even if the other team does not have a pre-made.

Teamspeak is not necessary for good play in regs (although it does help). And playing without it does not mean the play level will be poor.

Edited by Vodrin

If there were a better matchmaking system this probably wouldn't be an issue. Best thing about premades is they likely have a good mix of tanks/dps/healers which helps alot. If matchmaking did a better job of getting equal matches then the issue wouldn't be as noticeable.

I love to solo, just have to learn to carry harder. When I solo and my team loses it's not a loss for me if I pulled my weight and something even more (that helps with frustration). The only real difference between a premade vs soloing is that good players normally like to group together. Other then that the strategies they use or do should be things that decent pvpers should be doing anyways. But yeah, something you are queues with newbies and you lose. Have to get over it and move on. Edited by kissingaiur

Matchmaking in this game is terrible. Simply adding a "Solo" queue for regulars would help out a little bit.

On a more positive note, I did notice Bio fixed match making in Ranked (ie no teams with 2 healers vs no healers etc...) Most of the time we were paired up with DPS and maybe a tank or if we did have a healer the other team had one too. The problem now is that ranked doesn't pop any more for me. I'm assuming its taking more time to get the match making algorithm to fire due to the new constraints. Something like that might work for 8v8.

Matchmaking in this game is terrible. Simply adding a "Solo" queue for regulars would help out a little bit.

No it wouldn't. It isn't going to make them feel any better when a bunch of people who know what they're about end up on the opposite team, and there will be accusations of queue synching the minute 2 to 3 people with the same guild tag end up on the same team.

The funny thing is, a majority of premades that are in regs are actually bad. They make your team worse off.

I do know there are very few premades that are composed of pro players who like to farm pugs. But let's be honest. These 4 pro players would carry the team to victory regardless if they were grouping or not.

It's time people stop making the "premade in regs" excuse for their shortcomings. You will NEVER be good at this game if you keep makong excuses to yourself for doing bad in warzones.

The funny thing is, a majority of premades that are in regs are actually bad. They make your team worse off.

I do know there are very few premades that are composed of pro players who like to farm pugs. But let's be honest. These 4 pro players would carry the team to victory regardless if they were grouping or not.

It's time people stop making the "premade in regs" excuse for their shortcomings. You will NEVER be good at this game if you keep makong excuses to yourself for doing bad in warzones.

I agree not all premades are good, but when more and more of them are coming in with 1 tank 2 healers then it starts to get tiresome.

I agree not all premades are good, but when more and more of them are coming in with 1 tank 2 healers then it starts to get tiresome.

Are you really seeing this a lot? Most of the healer stacked teams I am seeing are obviously a bunch of randoms. Very few groups queue with more than one healer on my server. Pre-mades like to kill stuff.

You have to have split queues. I've seen my last 2 mmo's close due to lack of players and one of the big reasons was this very thing. Those were pvp mmo's though so getting it wrong hurt them badly. But from what I've seen since subbing back to swtor is that the pvp here is in trouble too with pops taking much much longer than they used to.

You have to have split queues. I've seen my last 2 mmo's close due to lack of players and one of the big reasons was this very thing. Those were pvp mmo's though so getting it wrong hurt them badly. But from what I've seen since subbing back to swtor is that the pvp here is in trouble too with pops taking much much longer than they used to.

Precisely, who's going to want to que when they know the match is over before it's even begun. The team with the premade wins. And if you're a dps can't kill **** even though you spend the entire match focusing on one healer while another healer and a tank is guarding him you just want to sit in a corner the rest of the match till it's over. Even if you have 2 other players with you trying to kill them who's going to get your back before one of theirs kills you? Very frustrating and unfun.