Legendary items?

Bleemer

Right.... im trying to get this clear once and for all.

CRAFTING

Im using Armstech and this is what ive learned so far.

Crafting Green items gives u a chance for a blue version of that item, and RE the item ALSO gives u a chance a blue version of the item.

There are 3 blue versions of each green items

AND there is 3 PURPLE versions of each blue items.

So from 1 green item u may get 3 Blue versions and from 1 blue u get 3 Purple version, making it a total of 12 versions.

im not sure if u can RE purp items to get relics (orange) and re them so u get legendary (bluish/purp). So far the only Relic items ive got are from my Crewskill trainer (lvl 48)

""""NOTICE""""" there IS a way to craft Legendary items (bluish/purp) but im starting think they are raid drops only recepies, just the other day i got a Purp crafting mats from a heroic boss.

Also if u go to Galactic market and search for items u see there is legendary choice, when choosing the quality of item.

Ive seen allot of people referring orange craft as legendary and i think that it's wrong. its called Relics.

But i whanna know more about legendary items (bluish/purp)

Right.... im trying to get this clear once and for all.

CRAFTING

Im using Armstech and this is what ive learned so far.

Crafting Green items gives u a chance for a blue version of that item, and RE the item ALSO gives u a chance a blue version of the item.

There are 3 blue versions of each green items

AND there is 3 PURPLE versions of each blue items.

So from 1 green item u may get 3 Blue versions and from 1 blue u get 3 Purple version, making it a total of 12 versions.

im not sure if u can RE purp items to get relics (orange) and re them so u get legendary (bluish/purp). So far the only Relic items ive got are from my Crewskill trainer (lvl 48)

""""NOTICE""""" there IS a way to craft Legendary items (bluish/purp) but im starting think they are raid drops only recepies, just the other day i got a Purp crafting mats from a heroic boss.

Also if u go to Galactic market and search for items u see there is legendary choice, when choosing the quality of item.

Ive seen allot of people referring orange craft as legendary and i think that it's wrong. its called Relics.

But i whanna know more about legendary items (bluish/purp)

Somebody didn't read the crafting sticky...

Crafting green items gives you absolutely no chance to get a blue schematic. You have to RE items to get schematics: green -> blue -> purple. As far as we can tell so far, REing purples won't give you any more schematics, just mats. In order to craft orange items you need the schematics that come from Underworld Trading missions.

There are 3 blue versions of everything. There are 5 purple versions of every blue giving you a total of 15 possible schematics.

Also, you're getting Artifact and Legendary confused. Crafters can make Artifact items (the purples). Those items require purple Underworld Trading mats. The blueish-purple Legendary items only drop off major bosses as far as I know.

This all depends on what crafting you are talking about. Since I don't know about armormech/synthweaving/armsmech etc. I will only talk about Cybertech which produces armoring & mods for gear slots and earpieces.

Just this morning I made a bunch of green earpiece 22s, then RE'd them; I got back all 3 of the available tier 1 blues, critical, endowment and the other one I don't remember by name (starts with O I think). Now If I was to make enough of those 3 and RE them I would have the chance to get 5 Tier 2 prefixes. So progression is 1 x green -> 3 x blue -> 15 x purple

But with my armoring it doesn't work this way. I don't have 3 different versions I can get from a green item, I have 1 linear progression - 1 x green -> 1 x blue -> 1 x purple.

Then add on top of that the chance to critically make anyone of those pieces of gear and you can get an augment slot.

• 4 months later...
The blueish-purple Legendary items only drop off major bosses as far as I know.

That's not even true, actually. There is curently only one Legendary Item in the game, and it's not very Legendary. It's a Bounty Hunter pistol acquired through the class story, and while it looks very cool, that is all. It's level 30 something.

That's not even true, actually. There is curently only one Legendary Item in the game, and it's not very Legendary. It's a Bounty Hunter pistol acquired through the class story, and while it looks very cool, that is all. It's level 30 something.

No it's not.

It's the Modified DTB pistol acquired on Hoth after the Bounty Hunter storyline quest. It's NOT a legendary item, it was colored that way because it was the first modifiable item in the game before the orange gear came. It's now an orange item and has been re-colored. I even have it on my BH and a patch changed its rarity to orange, not legendary.

The Inheritance and Birthright legacy sets are Legendary quality.

There are only a total 14 purples (artifact quality) from a single green (premium quality) equipable item. There are 3 blues (prototype quality): overkill (+power) and critical (+crit) have 5 purples each and redoubt (+defense) has only 4. The purples add shield, surge, accuracy, presence, and alacrity. Except that the +alacrity one is missing from redoubt.

Orange quality is called Custom and from a loot point of view is treated as prototype - i.e. anything that can drop a blue can also drop an orange.

Edit: Didn't notice that this was a necro - sorry :o

Edited by Sambril

You can't learn a schematic without RE'ing or having the schematic itself.

You can crit on things which either makes 2 of them, or adds and augment slot. That's it.

Well, as far as every crafting skill except Synthweaving and Armstech - I haven't maxed those out to 400/400 so I can't be 100% certain for them, but for Biochem, Artifice, Armormech, Cybertech - that is the case.