Guardian Vengeance Gear Help Please. Old Player

MasterHazar

So I've played Guardian Vengeance since 1.0 and the formula has always changed with every major patch. I'm so lost now since last i played was like early to mid 4.0 cause i took a long break and the formula has changed again since 5.9 now. I've been looking for any kind of guide but seems like everyone has kind of gave up on Guardian DPS or this game entirely to be honest. I've seen some tips of like going for the usual 110% accuracy but I'm hearing about going for super high alacrity like 1860 for 1.3 GCD and everything into crit or a **** ton of crit and like low Alac. Which performs better because I used to be pretty min/max when i played. Im like super lost as the gear itself and building the Guardian Vengeance is so different now. Can anyone help elaborate?

I use the high alacrity build as well, prefering

6 alacrity enhancements, 5 augs

3 critical enhancements, 6 augs

1 accuracy enhancement 3 augs

Either works though. Keep in mind the high alacrity is really only accomplishable in 248 gear.

Thanks for the input guys. So prior to 248 gear alacrity build isnt as viable then?

No, the 1860 alacrity thing is really only feasible at 248.

Personally, i still throw the same setup i outlined up there on any new guardians im gearing, because i have an entire right side in legacy gear, a crafter to make 246s, enough command tokens to entirely refill the 3k cap at least 3x over, and 9999 +7kish unassembleds. If you are just returning though, you probably do not have the stash i do just yet.

Just for the record, accuracy stims are also used for low alacrity builds. Accuracy stims have been bis before the whole alacrity cutoff was even found out.

I have friends who go off on something about crit caps and mastery being better. I dont buy it personally but i choose to stay in my ballpark on advice giving.

Here's an excellent 248 end game pve gearing guide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tTZEODvA4-N_wLXlizG654Ii1z9gI88HavBk1WbTsk0/edit?usp=sharing

It's current up to 5.9. I think the only thing that hasn't been updated as of 5.9.2 are tank changes. Have any of those changes gone through yet? (i'm tank clueless)

Edited by Rion_Starkiller