Not even email from Koth...

tahol

...again. I don't expect to even see the guy anymore, but can't he even write to my character who presumably shares his bed with him (though I doubt they do that because Koth is nowhere to be seen)? I mean, that is the minimum expected even in a long distance relationship. Again, I have to presume they are in a long distance relationship because my agent sure hasn't gotten any from Koth since KOTET. Or at least there aren't any evidence they even speak with each other, but as Koth hasn't emailed even to break up with him, I assume they are still together? Look, I'm happy about Arcann-romance etc. and at least Theron was still around for my other characters but ONE EMAIL ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!

Edit: Now I realised I can't even use him as a companion anymore. He has ghosted my agent for good, and didn't even email about it. What a coward.

Edited by tahol

People cried out for his death and that's what we got. It's why people should really think before they cry again for Lana's death, or Theron's or whoevers. Because when a comp dies, they'll be dead for everyone, in essence. No matter romances or not.

Theron and Arcann managed to get a little bit of content, even after being killable. I think Koth fans do certainly have reason to be frustrated.

Did Arcann get any content? I have played through 5 times and even one that romanced him and haven't once had any content with him, not even an email.

Did Arcann get any content? I have played through 5 times and even one that romanced him and haven't once had any content with him, not even an email.

His romance alert pops up after he's killable. And for those who keep him alive and romance him, he shows up in Nathema Conspiracy where he shares a short conversation and kiss with the PC.

Edited by Dracofish

His romance alert pops up after he's killable. And for those who keep him alive and romance him, he shows up in Nathema Conspiracy where he shares a short conversation and kiss with the PC.

You should have gotten a scene with him before the Nathema FP and a mail from him.

Oh, I got all the other stuff from before Jedi Under Siege, I thought, from what I was reading that he had some new content in this update.

Yeah, I LOVE how Theron or Lana interacts with you or you them when you're doing a mission, but what about the other dang romances? Not every single one of my characters romanced Theron or Lana.

I have romanced and renewed/kept the romance for: Doc, Quinn, Jorgan, Corso, Vector, Torian, Andronikos, Iresso on those characters, two have romanced Theron and that's it.

I LOVE Theron and Lana and I'm glad they are still working together and with you, whether they agree with everything you do or not, but come on Bioware. Give us some bones to be happy with.

What they've (not) done with Koth is just not right to me.

If they sent all those emails from other companions, it would have been a good time for Koth to write and say, "hey, I don't know much about the Empire/Republic but you make good decisions and I'll stick with you whatever you choose." (considering that if Koth is still there, he's approved of the PC's choices).

Yeah it feels like everyone except Lana and Theron were snapped into dust and Theron's next to go.

I agree with you here. Even though it was stated those who kept Theron would still see him - that he wouldn't be bricked - well I guess I am not to optimistic on that point. He was more interested in juicy intel than going with his wife on this mission....

Now on Imperial side, I can totally see his reason for not going, but not Republic.

As for Koth, this is disappointing. I also didn't see any Arcann either. It seems anything concerning Zakuul is being swept under the rug...

I think it's awful that there's been zero from him considering what happened on Nathema should have had some cutscene or mail from him. :( But he has also ghosted all my Imp's since I started Ossus, I have to pull him back from the Odessan terminal because he's now stuck in the 'main characters' list and unsummonable as if my characters had exiled or killed him when they did nothing of the sort. :rolleyes: Edited by Farferello

What they've (not) done with Koth is just not right to me.

If they sent all those emails from other companions, it would have been a good time for Koth to write and say, "hey, I don't know much about the Empire/Republic but you make good decisions and I'll stick with you whatever you choose." (considering that if Koth is still there, he's approved of the PC's choices).

Yes! I had a looong list of emails waiting, and I was like "there has to be one from Koth, has to be!" Nope. Now I have one heart-broken agent moping around.

In all seriousness...one email is not too much to expect. Have an intern to write it for all I care. Gee, even I can write it. And this isn't even first time I bring this issue up. Last time I had active sub going on, I said the same thing: How much it takes time for a developer to write ONE email from Koth, when that is all I am asking for (and if I'm asking for it, I'm sure others would appreciate it too, I can't be the only one). Such a small task would mean a lot for those of us who didn't mind Koth and kept him around and even loved him.

One. Email. One.

I don't care if Musco himself writes it, I don't care if it was done by the janitor but one email is not too much of an effort if you could send me seven that I didn't care about.

Agreed. The treatment that the poor guy has gotten irritates me. He's the one (well, two if you count Elara) companion who refuses to be a simple "yes man" and will stand up to you, and even defy you if you do things he doesn't agree with. I loved him for that and I had hoped that he'd continue to do it if he stayed around. I also wish that they'd give a few of the other companions more backbone.

Agreed. The treatment that the poor guy has gotten irritates me. He's the one (well, two if you count Elara) companion who refuses to be a simple "yes man" and will stand up to you, and even defy you if you do things he doesn't agree with. I loved him for that and I had hoped that he'd continue to do it if he stayed around. I also wish that they'd give a few of the other companions more backbone.

I totally agree, I wish more companions had their own set of morals and standards and had the backbone to stand up to us but no, anyone who isn't a "yes man" must be purged since most people only want companions who worship the ground they walk on.

I totally agree, I wish more companions had their own set of morals and standards and had the backbone to stand up to us but no, anyone who isn't a "yes man" must be purged since most people only want companions who worship the ground they walk on.

That's because people will b*tch about being "punished for playing dark side". Duh. Not many normal people would want to hang out with a dark side psycho. That's why I liked the affection system in the Dragon Age series. Lose too many points with them and they were gone. You had to weigh your choices and actually think about what you were doing. Not many Sith have friends or lovers (well, not any that hang around much longer than one night anyway). That was one of the biggest flaws in the vanilla game; not being able to have companions leave if you made them mad. It took away from the story IMHO.

The issue with Koth was people didn't like someone who questioned them and had their own agenda- the hatred for him was worse than for Quinn. It's pure laziness when there are tiny things you can do, a cutscene snippet with the player character standing out looking at the horizon and their love interest comes up by their side, letters- silent support and using recycled lines.

Yea it would be nice to get a scene with the other LI. Where's Vette, Mako, Risha, and Ashara? Hopefully we'll get something in 6.0...... come on BW....got me over here in my feelings like......

Akavi, do you love me? Are you riding?

Say you'll never ever leave from beside me

'Cause I want ya, and I need ya

And I'm down for you always

Rishia, do you love me? Are you riding?

Say you'll never ever leave from beside me

'Cause I want ya, and I need ya

And I'm down for you always :D

Yeah, I'm still not thrilled how they handled Quinn. Yes, I understand I am big bad (good in this case as I'm light side 5 sw) Sith warrior and his 'lord', but ffs I forgave him literal and game YEARS ago. I even tell Vette when she mentions it when she comes back during KOTFE that I forgave him.

Does he remember? NOPE! I get the 'omg I was scared you no love me no more so I was a little ***** and hid from you'. What happened to my strong, intelligent Imperial Officer? Now, he's a whimp! I want my Vanilla Quinn back. Yes, he was respectful to my position of a Sith Lord, but dude, I'm also his wife. He doesn't have to snivel at me. Grr.

The issue with Koth was people didn't like someone who questioned them and had their own agenda- the hatred for him was worse than for Quinn. It's pure laziness when there are tiny things you can do, a cutscene snippet with the player character standing out looking at the horizon and their love interest comes up by their side, letters- silent support and using recycled lines.

But that's how real life is. You have people who agree with you, those who don't, those who don't care either way, those who like you and those who don't. Yeah, it sucks Dorne and Koth can leave, but it makes you think before going all BWAHAHAHAHAHA psychotic evil dark side for the *******s of it. I WANT my companions interacting with me.

If I was just here for yes men and doing nothing but raiding, flash points and pvp, I'd just take my fat *** back over to WoW.

The overwhelming sentiment among the playerbase was hatred for Koth. Nerds get enough rejection in real life, they don't need it in a video game. And Koth would consistently defy you. That's why characters like Koth and Kaliyo are disliked: they will stand up to you and call you out on your BS.

I actually disliked Koth for a different reason. He was often off doing his own thing in the Gravestone instead of helping out the Alliance or following orders. He didn't really feel like part of the team unless he needed something. That sort of rubbed me the wrong way.

That being said, one of my SW's romanced him because he was a good fit for her personality-wise. Romances in a game aren't that big of a deal to me, personally, so it's not something I think about or fixate on. It's just fun fluff stuff for me.

I understand others are frustrated though. But that's what happens when companions get a kill option. They effectively become dead for everyone.

Koth also has a fairly abrasive personality, and I think that can rub people the wrong way even if he's not openly disagreeing with you. Koth only left on the one character that I specifically took the "bad decisions" on. But even if he stays, his antics with the Gravestone (immediately claiming ownership and planting the bomb) can get obnoxious. Even if Koth stays, he still plants that bomb. As your PC can tell him, he ends up endangering the Alliance fleet since he doesn't bother telling anyone about that bomb before he asks for a rescue. Plus there's his fanboy stance toward Valkorian ("he's trapped in your head? GREAT!") .

So I think there are reasons people can potentially dislike him that have nothing to do with his "defying the PC."

But that's still no excuse for his continued exclusion from the story and any supplemental content (emails), because he remained a member of the Alliance for many players, and people chose to romance him. If you chose to keep him part of your story or your toon's LI, he SHOULD be part of the story.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero