Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Actual DPS Simulator (early-ish phase)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Actual DPS Simulator (early-ish phase)

ThomasCool
05.22.2015 , 10:45 PM | #1
Hey guys,
I've been working at an actual DPS simulator since i can't find a recent comprehensive one.
you can find it here:
https://github.com/tomcool420/swtor-simulator-matlab
It is written in MATLAB (cause i'm lazy) and it's still in the early stages of development (I started yesterday really).

Current Working Specs (i'll be glad to fix any mistakes):
  • Gunslinger (ALL specs) - Snipers (missing engineering)
  • Vanguard (ALL specs) - Powertechs (just AP)
  • Shadow (ALL specs)
  • Scoundrel (Scrapper,Ruffian)
  • Guardian (Vigilance)

Early Work Completed on (Basically the JSON files)
  • Gunnery

HELP Needed:
There are a couple of way people can help
  1. Submit a couple of parses without relic/adrenals AND a couple with relic/adrenals (to compare). Also, submit gear ratings
  2. Help creating the JSON files, no programming experience needed, just some patience and about 30 mins per spec. (maybe a little more if you want to help getting all the spec coefficients)
  3. Help developing and debugging the code (matlab experience needed)
  4. Eventually - Writing rotations down in such a way that they can be programmed in (Guide people, i'm looking at you)

JSON Files
An example for the JSON file can be found here. An explanation for what all those numbers are can be found here. The XML file containing all the values can be found here

Someone could also adapt and xml parser to find those if they were good at parsing
Results
Tactics - based on Kwerty's no relics/no adrenal parse here

Thanks
~Lunagazer
P.S. even if you are not interested in helping with coefficients, i'd love any advice, opinions and/or other help

Credits:
* swtor_potato for coefficients
* KBN for lvl 55 equations (was easy to adjust them for 60)
* Kwerty for fixing my alacrity stupidity
Updates
Spoiler
Lunagazer (Gunslinger) - Iahgazer (Scoundrel DPS) - Phoebegazer (Vanguard DPS) - Lonagazer (Commando DPS/Heals) - and more
<The Olde Guard>

TACeMossie
05.23.2015 , 05:39 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasCool View Post
Hey guys,
I've been working at an actual DPS simulator since i can't find a recent comprehensive one.
you can find it here:
https://github.com/tomcool420/swtor-simulator-matlab
It is written in MATLAB (cause i'm lazy) and it's still in the early stages of development (I started yesterday really).

There is more information on the front page but the basic point is that for now, just the virulence and dirty fighting spec have data for them.

I'd like to believe that it works well for those classes and seems to match pretty well to the expected values from my parse (as can be seen in the readme.md on that page).

If you are interested in that, I would LOVE some help, if not to code, then to find the coefficients for all the abilities
The explanation for the coefficients is explained there but it is tedious to have to search through
http://torcommunity.com/potato/3.2c/FullAbilities.xml to find them

Thanks
~Lunagazer
P.S. even if you are not interested in helping with coefficients, i'd love any advice, opinions and/or other help
P.P.S. i was going to post an example here BUT this forum is terrible at handling spaces
Have the vanguard + Powertech coefficients (well, the vanguard ones)!
Note: As I couldn't be bothered completely pulling apart my code from my old matlab gear optimizer model, you'll get it in the form of:

Ability Abreviation = ([Power + Standard Health Bonus] * Coefficient + [Ranged Damage]*Ranged Coefficient) * Discipline bonus's * Armor Penalty if applicable
Ability Abreviation *= (1 + (Crit Chance/100 + Surge/100))

Also note I didn't add in susceptible until I got to the final calculations. Oh and standard variation in abilities wasn't included because it was a model and not a simulator

Spoiler
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

ThomasCool
05.23.2015 , 07:22 AM | #3
Yea i was gonna do vanguards next (the tactics coefficients are already up) shoulder cannon was giving me some issues though.
P.S. My vanguard gear is kinda crap. could you give me your gear and link a parse?
Lunagazer (Gunslinger) - Iahgazer (Scoundrel DPS) - Phoebegazer (Vanguard DPS) - Lonagazer (Commando DPS/Heals) - and more
<The Olde Guard>

ThomasCool
05.23.2015 , 02:53 PM | #4
Marksman/Sharpshooter has now been added.
Ability Cooldown is now implemented

Taking the best result of a high number of iterations reproduces the results from Tosh'oldi'mel (link) to within 2-3K damage although it still runs it a bit fast (as expected). I also do not know the exact stats that he had then (If he reads this, i'd love to have them)
<The Olde Guard>

KeyboardNinja
05.23.2015 , 09:07 PM | #5
Marksman/Sharpshooter has now been added.
Ability Cooldown is now implemented

Taking the best result of a high number of iterations reproduces the results from Tosh'oldi'mel (link) to within 2-3K damage although it still runs it a bit fast (as expected). I also do not know the exact stats that he had then (If he reads this, i'd love to have them)
I'll send him your way (he's a guildy). I'm sure he'd be very interested to help.

Awesome work, btw!
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

TACeMossie
05.23.2015 , 09:35 PM | #6
Yea i was gonna do vanguards next (the tactics coefficients are already up) shoulder cannon was giving me some issues though.
P.S. My vanguard gear is kinda crap. could you give me your gear and link a parse?
Sure. I'll do 10 parses and link the list to ya. No relics + adrenals for said parses because it makes it more consistent, and if you've got relics/adrenals working fine then no need to incorporate em here.

As for gear:

3907 Aim
1638 Power (there is more but I took relics off)
441 Crit Rating
720 Alacrity
760 Accuracy
302 Surge

Full 198s with a 204 mainhand

Also note that since 3.2 dropped i've had issues with hitting my usual APM - I've been ~2 below it, and that's been hurting my DPS. I might drop an alac piece for an acc piece and get more power augments if testing can prove its better, but until the PTS comes back up no testing will be done.

PARSES BEING ADDED AFTER ALL 10 ARE DONE

EDIT - Ok I know I said 10, but my stim is running out so I'll drop it to 5.
5 should be good for an average-ish situation right?
Kwerty/Mossie

ThomasCool
05.23.2015 , 09:39 PM | #7
KBN, thanks. BTW Tosh is one of the few people that seems to have a rotation where the parser doesn't have to wait for Aimed Shot. (standard rotation has 1s lost due to PB only being 2s) - No one notices it due to the clunky way the proc works

Kwerty, I got tactics working and have it up on github. I'll test it a bit more against your parses when i get them (there might be something off but i was guesstimating so yea.
<The Olde Guard>

TACeMossie
05.23.2015 , 10:12 PM | #8
Ok here's the 5 parses. The second last one, I forgot to preload Cell Burst, so obviously ignore it.

I did experiment around a bit with combining Shoulder Cannon with battle Focus, which is why there is a decent amount of variation despite removing relics + adrenals from the equation
Kwerty/Mossie

ThomasCool
05.23.2015 , 10:13 PM | #9
where are the parses?
<The Olde Guard>

TACeMossie
05.23.2015 , 10:16 PM | #10
where are the parses?
Forgot to link em :P

Note: Thats no relics, no adrenals, so its a little lower than usual. Just gonna emphasize that
I can do more with relics + adrenals, however I'll only be able to get 1-2 for ya. And right now, I'm doing some plasmatech parses because i'm trying to break 5.1k
Kwerty/Mossie