Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

pug tanking trends

XisscVekno
03.12.2015 , 01:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Whojoo View Post
I usually guard the healer, but that is because I don't think of dps as a threat usually and I rather have the 5% dmg reduction on my healers. If the dps pulls agro, guard or not, then I did something wrong.
Though sometimes I just slap it on a strong dps.
So.... you throw your guard on the lowest threat producing role in the game.... because of 5% damage reduction. lol ok. I can think of 2 fights that I actually needed to guard the healers and that was on the last phase of the Terror fight and Corrupter Zero.
Not all things in life are free,
and freedom has the highest cost of them all.
Remember those who gave, so you could enjoy what others do not.

XisscVekno
03.12.2015 , 01:20 PM | #12
The only time I really care what the other tank is doing is when they clearly lack situational awareness and positioning skills. Can't tell you how many times I just let an under geared tank take the lead to let them feel special and they threaten to wipe the raid by facing bosses towards the raid group.

Also, I've pulled threat off of tanks on accident before. I even had one that was so bad I had to pop cloak to wipe my aggro to keep from pulling aggro.

JouerTue
03.12.2015 , 01:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by XisscVekno View Post
Also, I've pulled threat off of tanks on accident before. I even had one that was so bad I had to pop cloak to wipe my aggro to keep from pulling aggro.
that's easier on some bosses..i tend to stay in a spot compatible with not wiping the raid..
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

XisscVekno
03.12.2015 , 02:04 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
that's easier on some bosses..i tend to stay in a spot compatible with not wiping the raid..
That would be an option, but the time I'm thinking I had a debuff where the boss could one shot me if I got hit.

FSavop
03.14.2015 , 12:13 PM | #15
Sounds like a really smug, elitist post. You should probably stick to guild only runs.

JouerTue
03.16.2015 , 11:29 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by FSavop View Post
Sounds like a really smug, elitist post. You should probably stick to guild only runs.
nah, i've a lot of successful pug runs. these are just things that tend to repeat when i tank pugs..i didn't notice the harsh criticism you saw in my post..
The Red Eclipse

Methoxa
03.17.2015 , 05:04 AM | #17
Quote:
So.... you throw your guard on the lowest threat producing role in the game.... because of 5% damage reduction. lol ok. I can think of 2 fights that I actually needed to guard the healers and that was on the last phase of the Terror fight and Corrupter Zero.
Thats actually what good tanks do. Putting guard on players that receive the most dmg because dps should never pull aggro.
Revanchist

JouerTue
03.17.2015 , 06:03 AM | #18
these ops, mine is going on healer or mdps with shadow veil utility.. threatmeter pop ups on parsers are great tool
The Red Eclipse

Whojoo
03.17.2015 , 05:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by XisscVekno View Post
Like I said, if the dps pull off me then I did something wrong.
I am confident that I can keep agro off any dps, so why bother guarding them for threat?

So if the threat component is not what I used guard for, then what's left? 5%-8% (Shadow tank) damage reduction.
So I guard (melee) dps for a few fights, but that is because they tend to receive a lot of damage during certain fights (torque anyone?).
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

JouerTue
03.17.2015 , 05:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Whojoo View Post
Like I said, if the dps pull off me then I did something wrong.
I am confident that I can keep agro off any dps, so why bother guarding them for threat?

So if the threat component is not what I used guard for, then what's left? 5%-8% (Shadow tank) damage reduction.
So I guard (melee) dps for a few fights, but that is because they tend to receive a lot of damage during certain fights (torque anyone?).
8% of a flame vent or even a misplaced scatter blaster ( on watchman sometimes i tend to land in bad spots) is still a considerable amount of damage...
The Red Eclipse