Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mean Mitigation


Arbegla's Avatar


Arbegla
02.15.2015 , 10:28 PM | #11
Quote:
Relics
- Juggernauts and Assassins are in a unique position due to the new, larger stat pools. Pre-3.0 the generally accepted BiS relic combination was Fortunate Redoubt and Reactive Warding. However, given the Shield percentages that can be attained, Shield Amplification can actually be better mitigation than RW. The technicality of it is that you cannot use Saber Reflect or Force Shroud while it is procced or you have just wasted potential mitigation. So if you are not one who wants to watche their buff bar that closely FR and RW are still going to be the best mitigation you can get.
I have a quick question about this, as the Shield Amplification relic boosts Absorb values, however you mention Force Shroud and Saber Reflect, which protects from Force/Tech powers (which can't be Absorbed or Shielded anyway, from what I understand, however I haven't really played since 1.0X so I could be wrong) So I'm not sure what exactly you mean... Could you clarify this a little bit for me?

Jethsidi's Avatar


Jethsidi
02.16.2015 , 10:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Arbegla View Post
I have a quick question about this, as the Shield Amplification relic boosts Absorb values, however you mention Force Shroud and Saber Reflect, which protects from Force/Tech powers (which can't be Absorbed or Shielded anyway, from what I understand, however I haven't really played since 1.0X so I could be wrong) So I'm not sure what exactly you mean... Could you clarify this a little bit for me?
I apologize for the confusion.

To clarify: You are correct that you cannot shield Force/Tech Damage. However, a lot of people do not realize that many Force/Tech Abilities actually do Energy/Kinetic Damage, even though they are labeled as Force/Tech in the Abilities window. So if you are using Parsec or StarParse it will sometimes seem as if you can shield Force/Tech abilities since they are labeled as such (though if you look at the raw logs it will state Energy/Kinetic damage), this is what I was referring to when I mentioned not over-lapping your mitigation windows.
Don't ever learn how to tank.
They won't let you do anything else once they know you are good at it.

Jethsidi's Avatar


Jethsidi
02.16.2015 , 10:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Random Fact: Best relic for PT Tank on Underlurker is Ephemeral Mending. Due to how often AoE damage goes out, its basically a reactive warding with half the cooldown
You sir, I believe, have found the only current use for that relic in the game. Thank you.
Don't ever learn how to tank.
They won't let you do anything else once they know you are good at it.

Methoxa's Avatar


Methoxa
02.16.2015 , 11:50 PM | #14
Quote:
I have a quick question about this, as the Shield Amplification relic boosts Absorb values, however you mention Force Shroud and Saber Reflect, which protects from Force/Tech powers (which can't be Absorbed or Shielded anyway, from what I understand, however I haven't really played since 1.0X so I could be wrong) So I'm not sure what exactly you mean... Could you clarify this a little bit for me?
M/R+K/E = Shieldable and defendable

F/T+K/E = Shieldable

F/T+I/E = not shieldable, not defendable

So Force/Tech damage can be shielded as long as it is not an internal/elemenetal attack
Revanchist

TACeMossie's Avatar


TACeMossie
02.17.2015 , 04:31 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jethsidi View Post
You sir, I believe, have found the only current use for that relic in the game. Thank you.
Pretty sure that Walkers, Revan and Sparky also have enough AoE going out, but i'd have to check. Revan isn't that AoE heavy, but since only 20% of the damage is able to be mitigated, it means the relic can have heaps of downtime and not have to worry about it.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

justinplainview's Avatar


justinplainview
02.17.2015 , 05:15 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Pretty sure that Walkers, Revan and Sparky also have enough AoE going out, but i'd have to check. Revan isn't that AoE heavy, but since only 20% of the damage is able to be mitigated, it means the relic can have heaps of downtime and not have to worry about it.
If you're implying EM be used on Revan you are on some of that good herb. I'm gonna have to ask you to calm down lol

Jethsidi's Avatar


Jethsidi
02.17.2015 , 08:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by justinplainview View Post
If you're implying EM be used on Revan you are on some of that good herb. I'm gonna have to ask you to calm down lol
Wait, you're not supposed to have Ephemeral Mending and Primeval Fatesealer as your relics for that fight?
Don't ever learn how to tank.
They won't let you do anything else once they know you are good at it.

justinplainview's Avatar


justinplainview
02.17.2015 , 08:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jethsidi View Post
Wait, you're not supposed to have Ephemeral Mending and Primeval Fatesealer as your relics for that fight?
Where is the large emoticon for winking and nudging because the small ones don't drive the point home :P

Jethsidi's Avatar


Jethsidi
02.17.2015 , 09:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by justinplainview View Post
Where is the large emoticon for winking and nudging because the small ones don't drive the point home :P
It's not the size of the emoticon, it's how you use it.
Don't ever learn how to tank.
They won't let you do anything else once they know you are good at it.

Methoxa's Avatar


Methoxa
02.17.2015 , 09:46 AM | #20
You are aware that your Juggernaut defstats are totally different to KBN's numbers?
Revanchist