Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This staggered release is not fair at all.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This staggered release is not fair at all.

Trillistar
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by OldxLady View Post
Lol no... First come first served. Those that have faith in game should get in first, aka those that pre-ordered first
Problem with that is, not all that ordered first got codes first. Best Buy had problems with taking months to get people preorder codes, so peopel who did shell out the extra 70 bucks for the CE STILL don't get in any earlier even though they did preorder early.

NynjaSquirrel
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #42
I think if they'd let everyone that pre-ordered choose one character name through some kind of web portal, people would be a bit calmer. I didn't know back in July that the earlier you ordered, the earlier you'd play, and I'm concerned more about not getting the char name I always use than I am about levelling.

Rhyltran
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Chuckskyline View Post
Lets all think logically here for a second..

What bioware is doing is complete unfair, and discrimination.

Think about it..

If you ordered first day, you get in first, get the first choice on names/servers.

How is it fair that someone who spent the same amount of money as you, a day later gets in a day later?

How is that fair to someone who ordered a day later and spent 100$ more than you and doesn't get to play?

To be honest. It is not.

I think the staggered release is stupid... and unfair.

People who pre-ordered the game day one, could put only a dollar on the game.. and get to play.. and never play again and essentially get the game for free (for a week) before anyone else gets the chance to play? when people who have paid in full a day later don't get in?

I am in favor of having it open the 20th.. and that is it. Despite when you pre-ordered.

Or make it completely random. Day oners and yesterdayers get the same chance.

-just saying.
How is it fair that my friend and I shop at the same store everyday and drop the same amount of money into the store but they ran out of game ____ by the time I got there? How is it fair that just because I arrived at the ice cream man later and I had the same money as other people they were out of my flavor? You know the saying. The early bird gets the worm.

CrimsonV
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #44
It's not fair.

It is how it is however, I don't think I could come up with a better way to launch an MMORPG smoothly.
"Apathy is death."
Imperial Agent - Loyal to the Empire
I have spent 150€ for a game and I'm okay with this

DrElementary
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #45
So the jerk who buys that nice shiny apple first should have to put it back and roll dice with you to see who gets it? After all, you both paid the same amount of money!

You realize this sort of thing happens every day. People who get there first get things first.

Sainnt
12.13.2011 , 08:16 AM | #46
it wouldnt be fair if they staggered the game on the 20th. But no this is early access, they technically didnt have to do this, this is an extra feature if i must say so stop feeling like your entitled, everyone wants to play as bad as you do, and no amount of whining about it will change what will be best for the servers

Jezmondene
12.13.2011 , 08:16 AM | #47
Double checked:

1.Go to www.swtor.com/preorder/code.
2.Click "Register your Pre-Order" (You will be prompted to log in or create a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ account if needed).
3.Enter and confirm your Pre-Order Code when prompted.
4.Complete your redemption.
5.You will be notified by email of your Early Game Access time at a later date.

Absolutely no mention of fair.

Napalmbrain
12.13.2011 , 08:16 AM | #48
Oh wow, 5 more days of this whining?

Can't wait until early access is over...no wonder they closed the forums on the weekend. The forums would've drowned in tears.

Patstone
12.13.2011 , 08:16 AM | #49

What bioware is doing is complete unfair, and discrimination.

Think about it..

If you ordered first day, you get in first, get the first choice on names/servers.

How is it fair that someone who spent the same amount of money as you, a day later gets in a day later?

How is that fair to someone who ordered a day later and spent 100$ more than you and doesn't get to play?

To be honest. It is not.

I think the staggered release is stupid... and unfair.

People who pre-ordered the game day one, could put only a dollar on the game.. and get to play.. and never play again and essentially get the game for free (for a week) before anyone else gets the chance to play? when people who have paid in full a day later don't get in?

I am in favor of having it open the 20th.. and that is it. Despite when you pre-ordered.

Or make it completely random. Day oners and yesterdayers get the same chance.

-just saying.
So since I payed the same amount as you at Disneyland I get to skip you in line for the cotton candy right? If it bothers you that much, wait til the 20th and play then
Never take anything I say too seriously, unless I mean it.

I'm not a troll, I just don't respond well to stupidity.

Caras
12.13.2011 , 08:16 AM | #50
Lets all think logically here for a second.
Don't ask us to think logically if you have no intention of doing so yourself.
۞███████████████████████}
"You have the ring. And I see your Schwartz is as big as mine. Now let's see how well you handle it."