Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This staggered release is not fair at all.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This staggered release is not fair at all.

Crash-X
12.13.2011 , 08:14 AM | #31
Well they could have let everyone in right now but well...none of us would be playing lol, the servers would be down.

Also look at it this way, at least when your time comes the servers will be established.

Toraak
12.13.2011 , 08:14 AM | #32
First of all THIS IS NOT RELEASE!! This is early access. So we are not entitled to even get a chance to play the game at all until 12/20/11 which is the release date, so declaring this unfair for the to decide who, and how many of us get in during early access is completely incorrect.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

BeachHead
12.13.2011 , 08:14 AM | #33
I'd say first come first serve is perfectly fine. No need to go nerd rage about it.

Stormrazor
12.13.2011 , 08:14 AM | #34
Nothing in life is fair. A lesson you should take to heart. Just sayin'

Seriously though. I was on the fence and was not even gonna buy this game until I got in the beta and played it. It would be far more unfair if I got in before folks who plunked their investment into the game long before I did.

Metsuro
12.13.2011 , 08:14 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by terrrrrible View Post
Yes, so let's let EVERYONE on at once, crash the servers and then no one plays at all! It's early release, they didn't have to do this at all. It's not to be fair, it's to make sure they don't break everything day one.
Rift did 750k preorders day one. Swtor had 20k preorders 7/21. They only let half in the first wave. You do the math.

RothgarIOI
12.13.2011 , 08:14 AM | #36
I've got to be honest I'm happy to wait considering the alternative is to be unhappy and wait the same length of time. The only thing that bothers me is that being in the UK, the only option to get the CE was GAME, who sent the pre-access codes a lot later, but c'est la vie right?

Pherdnut
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #37
What's especially awesome about this post is that until last week, we though early access was happening two days later.
Amurrka, Malfunction, Skeeve, Derp, Deeva, Orinj @Dreshdae Cantina

"QQ!"

Morto
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #38
I think it's silly... but they needed cash to come from all the money they had invested and vuala "early access" was created...

fellboy
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #39
First come first served is by far the most fair way to stagger the players. It's my fault for waiting to preorder,so I'm posting instead of playing. That's life

KommissarK
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
It's completely fair.

The only problem I have with it is is that it alienates friends/guild mates from each other.

For example a bunch of my friends are in already, whereas I doubt I will get in at all today. Obviously they aren't going to wait for me, and I don't expect them to, but it really sucks that we will all be staggered in levels until 50. Some of us may even end up leveling alone completely.

I don't there is really a better way to do early access if it has to be in waves though, so whatever. Allowing everyone in at once probably would have been fine considering a lot of people may be at work or school or whatever.

Oh well. Hopefully I will get in around the same time as someone I know.
Quite simply, the game is best played with friends. Once your guildies have their legacy names down, there really is no reason for them to not help you level (up to their point), so as that you can all proceed from there. There is no server first on level 50. And sure it may be slightly boring, but its absolutely magical to do those quests the first time with friends (primarily the fun in talking about the game in vent/ts while participating in a group convo).