Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key App Question

PulpSaibot
12.24.2011 , 04:48 PM | #1
So every time I want to log on I have to input the code into my phone? So if I lose it I can't log in?

Or...let's just say (hypothetical situation) that I own an old school flip phone because, shocker, I own a computer and only need a phone to be a phone and want to use my little sisters droid for the app. I want dat Ashara Zavros skin and cannot get one without the security key.

I couldn't log in without her phone? Paying the $6.50 to get the keychain deal wouldn't be bad but I have a bad habit of losing small important things and I would need to wait a week or two to receive it.

HolySchmoley
12.24.2011 , 04:51 PM | #2
Dont lose your phone or keychain or your going to have to call customer support to take off the authenticator and i can tell you that there support is "REALLY BAD" you will be on the phone waiting for hours.....and I do mean HOURS...there CS department is just a Epic fail.

You will need one or the other every time you log into the game or forums if you enable this security...which is a very good thing to have.
Dear Bioware, Your Subscription Payment is now in Que
Thank You for your Patience.

Battyone
12.24.2011 , 04:51 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by PulpSaibot View Post
So every time I want to log on I have to input the code into my phone? So if I lose it I can't log in?

Or...let's just say (hypothetical situation) that I own an old school flip phone because, shocker, I own a computer and only need a phone to be a phone and want to use my little sisters droid for the app. I want dat Ashara Zavros skin and cannot get one without the security key.

I couldn't log in without her phone? Paying the $6.50 to get the keychain deal wouldn't be bad but I have a bad habit of losing small important things and I would need to wait a week or two to receive it.
Every single login requires the security key code.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

PulpSaibot
12.24.2011 , 04:51 PM | #4
I'll assume the key changes every login too?

Battyone
12.24.2011 , 04:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PulpSaibot View Post
I'll assume the key changes every login too?
Every 30 seconds or so.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

PulpSaibot
12.24.2011 , 04:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Battyone View Post
Every 30 seconds or so.
Awesome, well thanks for the quick replies everyone.

Eldren
12.24.2011 , 04:53 PM | #7
Every log in is going to require the authenticator key (as it should, or else there's little point to putting one on the account).

If you lose yours, for whatever reason, you're going to have to call customer service to get the issue corrected. Their service works really well, but there are a lot of people calling (even more after Christmas, when I expect a new wave of gamers will be rushing in), so you're going to have long (around 4 hours) queues. At that point, put your phone on speaker (and plug it in if you're using a mobile) and find something to entertain yourself while you wait.