Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove The Death Penalty. It Is Preventing Exploration, And Trying Hard Content.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Remove The Death Penalty. It Is Preventing Exploration, And Trying Hard Content.

Jaick
12.24.2011 , 03:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EclipseUn View Post
I think he means the "wait X minutes until you can be revived"
First world problems.

Jett-Rinn
12.24.2011 , 04:00 PM | #12
There's a death penalty?
"It's a disheartening thing to love a franchise like Star Wars, yet loath the fan base due to their constant tantrums and toxic childlike behavior. The only fandom that will doxx you and give you death threats over daring to enjoy the Solo Movie exists in the cult Of Star Wars." : Timothy Zahn

joscomi
12.24.2011 , 04:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EclipseUn View Post
I think he means the "wait X minutes until you can be revived"
exactly that too. It is just a waste of not only my time, but everyone elses.

Jaick
12.24.2011 , 04:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by joscomi View Post
It is enough to make me waste my time to fight to where I died, just to complete my questing. This is just a time sink which shouldnt be present in modern MMO's.

This game should be all about freedom, not penalizing you for it.
MMO's aren't for you then.

Pintaphilly
12.24.2011 , 04:00 PM | #15
Is this your first MMO? Cause what you claim and your reasoning behind it is extremely stupid. Or do you just suck so much at this game that you constantly die to anything that you encounter?

Jaick
12.24.2011 , 04:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by joscomi View Post
exactly that too. It is just a waste of not only my time, but everyone elses.
Everyone else's? You know if your bud rez's you its instant?

Confuciusdagreek
12.24.2011 , 04:03 PM | #17
Do you mean the couple hundred credit repair fee? Cause that's nothing.....

If you mean the timer, you'll nuts. The med probe is BRILLIANT. Rather than reviving at the beginning of an area you respawn RIGHT where you are with a gradually increasing timer. That genius. It addresses all the problems created by death in MMOs. If you're talking about the 6 second wait on med center revive, that's a stability thing. All MMOs do it, TOR just gives you an actual timer, making it more stable and gives the player feedback.

In terms of trying harder content, you shouldn't try to solo champions. They are raid bosses. That's the point. Elites are solo-able, they are just hard. That's fun. If their were no elites in solo-able content then it would be so boringly easy. They provide an opportunity for a player to push all of his/her abilities against one enemy.

Grab your med packs and stims. Khem you're going in!

Seifz
12.24.2011 , 04:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaick View Post
Everyone else's? You know if your bud rez's you its instant?
To be fair, there's a 15-minute cooldown on that.

Anyway, what death penalty? I know that you have to wait if you continue to use the "revive here" option, but isn't the "return to med center" option always available?

joscomi
12.24.2011 , 04:07 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Pintaphilly View Post
Is this your first MMO? Cause what you claim and your reasoning behind it is extremely stupid. Or do you just suck so much at this game that you constantly die to anything that you encounter?
Ive played MMO's since UO. I have never seen the need for death penalties. They are just an unjustified waste of time.

JMESUN
12.24.2011 , 04:07 PM | #20
in other mmos' u run to your corpse from a healer area, this way you do not need to run. whats the problem?

besides babbbys being babbbys
░█╣╣╣█[]█╠╠█On that one shot, one kill, bringer of FATE!