One-time Password emails take hours to get

Vakariun

My brother and I are also having the same issue. Very frustrating because we have limited time to play together and we both spend money on the game.

Just use a security key. Get the official Swtor app, or Google Authenticator, set up a key, and you no longer have to wait for the second password. You can also use Winauth on your PC instead of the smartphone app.

Yes, it shouldn't be neccessary, but hey, you get 100cc per month and access to the security key vendors ingame if you give in and use the app instead of hoping that sending the OTPs will ever get fixed.

Edited by Mubrak

Just use a security key. Get the official Swtor app, or Google Authenticator, set up a key, and you no longer have to wait for the second password. You can also use Winauth on your PC instead of the smartphone app.

Thanks! Yeah we're looking into that now, but a problem we're running into is the validation for the app requires a one-time password...

At least your getting emails. Submitted a request to play for a "one time password" at 9am this morning and it now 6pm same day and still no one time password. Might be because I'm not in the US. It seams us international subscribers are not as important as the US, sigh. Plus the comment to contact the customer support number is silly since the time delay would put me at 1am my time to talk to them. Generally I like to sleep around that time, like normal people. Either put customer service on at different countries or realize that an easier method needs to be created for overseas users.

Still not holding much hope since SWTOR doesn't care about such things as long as they can keep drawing money from my Bank account, I doubt they will DO ANYTHING!!:mad::mad::mad::rak_01:

I use to enjoy this game and have been playing for a long time but I have to admit the bugs and lack of consideration is really taking the shine off this game. George Lucas would be quite sad that Bioware is not fulfilling its obligations and responsibilities to make SWTOR fun for the players.

The One-time passwords are taking 1-2 hours to be emailed, and once they are, they are deactivated and won't work

I'm in Australia and have for the last 48 hours been trying to log into the SWTOR forums. Only now has the password function worked properly. In the last 48 hours passwords would either simply not arrive, or arrive hours later, and totally unusable. I am wondering where the logjam might have been? Was it at BioWare's end or some delay elsewhere along the many server hops from East Coast Australia to East Coast USA. Thing is, on another computer (the one that is used for gaming and not my elderly laptop that is used for general internet surfing and writing) I can log straight into game no problem, no password required.

Weird. Anyways, it is working now, fingers crossed that it keeps working.

"Get a security key" is not an answer. If the one-time password function is an option, it should work properly. You can't tell someone to play by your rules if you don't follow them yourself.

This has been plaguing a lot of people for a while now- it took me upward of 30 minutes just to get logged into the game not long ago. This is not working as intended, it's a bug, and it needs to be fixed.

Edited by SourOrange

"Get a security key" is not an answer. If the one-time password function is an option, it should work properly. You can't tell someone to play by your rules if you don't follow them yourself.

This has been plaguing a lot of people for a while now- it took me upward of 30 minutes just to get logged into the game not long ago. This is not working as intended, it's a bug, and it needs to be fixed.

I agree that the OTP should work when it is an option, but since it bugged out time and again in the past 7 years, the best advice one can give is to get a security key app and benefit not only from a faster, easier and most importantly reliable way to get the 2nd password, but also from extra cc and ingame goodies.

Normally, the OTP shouldn't be something you get regularly. Other online services identify your computer using a hardware checksum, so OTPs are rare when you always log in from the same PC. Problem is that EA uses the IP to identify your computer, and while static IPs seem to be quite common in the US, for the rest of us IPs change regularly, possibly even every 24h.

If you don't want to give in and insist on your right to play without a security key, fine. But if you want to fight that battle, you better take it to the support pages. It's an account issue, not an ingame bug. Reporting it here will only lead to frustration, for you and the other players trying to help.

Edited by Mubrak