Chapter 15 - Your Opinion? (Spoiler.. duuh!)

Focusangel

After hearing Musco praise the chapter in a couple of streams, i was kinda looking forward to this one.

But tbh it was rather underwhelming. :s

May be because i didn't have a "connection" to Scorpio in any way..

It was pretty obvious from earlier chapters that she is gonna betray you or at least do something the protagonist doesn't like. The only good part in the chapter was her (fake) death..

The twist at the end wasn't really that awesome.. tbh. It was more idk.. stupid? Sorry.

But it just felt like.. "meeh.. *shrugs*"

But at the end, imo this chapter was boring.

Did anybody manage to finish the bonus quest btw?

Edited by Focusangel

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was pretty good, maybe a bit dragged out, but certainly an improvement over the last chapter where nothing of consequence really happened. Though how they plan to have us deal with both Arcann and SCORPIO in one chapter is a mystery.

it was pretty good, maybe a bit dragged out, but certainly an improvement over the last chapter where nothing of consequence really happened. Though how they plan to have us deal with both Arcann and SCORPIO in one chapter is a mystery.

Think they're doing it like that because they need a 'plot' for season 2. So I doubt everyone will win/win in chapter 16. We'll have to wait and see.

Nope, couldn't find the manual control device to finish it.

Oh i did find it.. even twice.. in 2 different rooms.

But i was only able to pick it up once.

Same for the Skytrooper, was only able to activate 1.

The only thing i was able to use multiple times was the crate..

Oh i did find it.. even twice.. in 2 different rooms.

But i was only able to pick it up once.

Same for the Skytrooper, was only able to activate 1.

The only thing i was able to use multiple times was the crate..

You can open more crates, but can still have only 8 grenades at once.

I also dont like they took away Scorpio because she was one of my high affection crafting companion. Just rip of for people who invested to her. They could at lest let you use her outside of story. It would not matter anyway.

Edited by ShawDou

For those who have played the new chapter, do we lose Scorpio as a companion? If so, is there a chance she will return or is this a full-fledged betrayal with no turning back?

I quite liked her, and will be sad to see her go.

I had the same experience with the bonus quest. It seems the first doodad to activate the troopers is bugged and we could only use the second one. BW didn't get Guss done on time so no alerts this time out. Story ran pretty much as expected though how Scorpio shafted us wasn't terrible. Scorpio was a high level comp on at least one of my chars so not overly happy about losing her. The credits earned from heroics has been halved, the discount on new character slots is only 25%... Yeah, this chapter... totally awesome. BW is really nailing consistency. Horrible decisions and spotty quality. On a bright note I died when I fell through a hole in the floor... that was fun, I always enjoy finding new and interesting ways to die.

I expected the end, what I didn't expect was the way they did it.

I legit thought SCORPIO died for a while. So when she came back at the end, I was shocked. Not surprised she betrayed us, but for a second I thought BW had actually tricked us and killed her instead. Then they double-tricked us and revealed she did betray us...and faked her death. IMO, it was awesome.

Also, that choice is brutal. It was very, very difficult for me to choose who to let go first because I had a gut feeling that the last one chosen would die. None of the three characters deserved death, either, so I just had to plug my nose and do it. Good thing I've got several other characters I can choose differently on, though. Hey, people wanted consequences...these are pretty big consequences, here.

I don't know how it ends because the game crashed halfway through the last (?) cutscene beore leaving the enemy ship and I couldn't be bothered to log back in.

I must say that after a full immersion of Mass Effect 2 on Insanity this morning, I feel like the Skytroopers spam here is a joke and the more they decide to force-spawn in our faces, the more it becomes predictable. Sure, it's frustrating, but not even un-stealthable enemies will be more tedious than 5+ enemies aimbotting and one-shooting you even behind covers like in ME2.

Chapter itself was ok, not spectacular, but still better than some others. The layuot of the ship is a bit confusing though. Spent a good 10 minutes running around in circles because the marker told me to go left and the objective was on the far right on the complete opposite side of the map.

Again, I don't really saw how it ended because the game crashed, but from what I saw, there are few funny jokes that made me crack a smile mixed to a couple of decisions that will probably not matter in the grand scheme of things, but still made me doubt a bit on what to actually do (The 1-2-3 sequence).

You can open more crates, but can still have only 8 grenades at once.

I also dont like they took away Scorpio because she was one of my high affection crafting companion. Just rip of for people who invested to her. They could at lest let you use her outside of story. It would not matter anyway.

Choices matter,bro. You chose to level her up and lost her. People ***** about it not happening then complain when it does

For some reason I can't complete the chapter. I've tried all kinds of things to solve the problem but after

You speak with Lana about letting the admiral die

I am stuck on the Gravestone with bombs sounds everywhere. Can anyone help?

For some reason I can't complete the chapter. I've tried all kinds of things to solve the problem but after

You speak with Lana about letting the admiral die

I am stuck on the Gravestone with bombs sounds everywhere. Can anyone help?

This is happening to me too, quest log is telling me to escape in shuttle but I am on the Gravestone and me and Senya are on our own.

This is happening to me too, quest log is telling me to escape in shuttle but I am on the Gravestone and me and Senya are on our own.

Surely this must be a bug? I'm in exactly the same place. I'm trying yet another game restart.

I wonder what happens if you forcefully rip GEMINI prime in the previous chapter if it will change anything, it could prove to be interesting. Also choosing 2 of the 3 can have great implications later on. Admiral Raken is another Military Tactician and can provide shewed battle strategies and can convince the empire to aid your cause. Tai Cordan is a diplomat and can convince the republic to aid your cause. The performer who's name escapes me can rally the people of Zakuul to your cause and maybe boost moral for your alliance. Basically i see it as 2 benefits that can help you, though who you let die can hurt your companions trust in you and make future chapters easier or harder.

Overall i like the chapter, and im going to forcefully rip GEMINI prime in chapter 14 in my next play through and see if that changes scorpios betrayal. Though if anyone knows the outcome please do share :D

The ending was kind of a "come on, you can do better than that" moment for me. That someone who is never really trustworthy would go behind your back is a bit underwhelming.

Overall a good experience though. The beats of it were well done. Some good witty lines in there.

Bonus quest a bit confusing. Couldn't find a single control device, no idea where to look. Figured it might be bugged with it just having been released, so no point in running around all day looking.

Surely this must be a bug? I'm in exactly the same place. I'm trying yet another game restart.
I reset the last part and chose a different response to Lana (the bottom one) and I was able to complete it.

My opinion of the chapter? It started off exciting, the random closing doors and diverting me was a bit frustrating but still fun but the ending was pretty flat. I am not too keen on the sudden endings, and much prefer when you have to return to HQ for a tie up in the end. It feels too unfinished otherwise.

Edited by serenitty

I reset the last part and chose a different response to Lana (the bottom one) and I was able to complete it.

This is under investigation currently. I'll keep you updated as I hear more!

It's being looked into to the Dev response above. I already tried all three answers - no difference. I'm going to try again.

Edit: I hadn't tried the second answer. This one allowed me to complete the chapter.

My opinion of the chapter? A bit of a let down. Basically what most people said they thought would happen with regards to the

betrayal

did happen. And to think

I got that *********** metal *****'s influence to 50! And she was equipped with my best weapon. Moral of that story: do not level influence on KOTFE main characters

Overall 5/10

Edited by Sarova
accurate info

That was a pretty bad chapter for me. Certainly a massive drop in quality compared to the Vette & Gault one. Scorpio's betrayal has been telegraphed with all the subtlety of a breezeblock to the face, the fake choice at the end... "Oh noes, I can only launch them one at a time for reasons, I wonder what will happen to the last one...", the endless identical corridors with more Skytroopers.

We're on a starship in an asteroid field. Put in some windows and have a view once in a while before the very end.

Yet more bickering from companions and a member of the Dark Council apparently puts up with it?

I'm just not impressed. The only good thing about the entire chapter is that Arcann's flagship looks totally boss and I want to steal it.

Also it occurred to me that the Gravestone being a mobile seat for the Alliance would have made a lot more sense than having a planet bound base. Also would have made it useful, which having your own personal battlecruiser has unaccountably failed to be so far.

After hearing Musco praise the chapter in a couple of streams, i was kinda looking forward to this one.

But tbh it was rather underwhelming. :s

May be because i didn't have a "connection" to Scorpio in any way..

It was pretty obvious from earlier chapters that she is gonna betray you or at least do something the protagonist doesn't like. The only good part in the chapter was her (fake) death..

The twist at the end wasn't really that awesome.. tbh. It was more idk.. stupid? Sorry.

But it just felt like.. "meeh.. *shrugs*"

But at the end, imo this chapter was boring.

Did anybody manage to finish the bonus quest btw?

Ok here's my take on it.

The moment SCORPIO died I knew what the end scene was going to be - the plot was so obvious it was telegraphed to us by the OTS (Obvious Telegraph Service). In fact the ONLY way it could have been any more obvious was for them to have released the final 30 seconds as part of the Teaser Trailer.

And because the end was quite so obvious the chapter itself was, as you say, boring.

Bonus Quest was easy enough to finish if you didn't mind running around a bit.

All The Best

Predictable. Boring. Short.

Choices in-game are supposed to matter when you the player choose to do something and the consequences of that are reflected in the story or gameplay. If I level SCORPIO to 50 influence, the consequence of that is she gets better as a companion. I can't not recruit SCORPIO. I can't subvert her plans. I can't convince her of an alternate path through dialogue. If she suggests a mission for me to run that sounds like a sure fire way of giving her control of her sisters and their fleet and her becoming the new Big Bad and I have no option but to allow the mission to go forward or stop playing KOTFE, that's not a player choice. That's a railroaded dev choice. When I can't even attempt to prevent her from interfacing with the AI despite all the signs pointing to her inevitable betrayal and I'm told by the game how surprised I am after the fact, there is no choice involved, just consequences. I might as well be reading a book.

At least I took my BH through first, so I know that KOTFE ended for my IA that maxed out SCORPIO at Chapter 14. Not that I have any desire to run C15 again on any of the other classes any time before my sub runs out. Boring combat. Corridors. Stupid amount of cutscenes, lose a companion with zero input.

Guess I'll go run some heroics -wait, no they've been rendered pointless.

All right, fine, I'll work on LS/DS Event - wait, 40 toons already and none can participate.

Guess I'll log off until Thursday's liestream where I get told "too bad, so sad" again.